Episode 17 – Tanji vs Baldur
91 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The scene is tense. Baldur takes his step up to put both feet on the ground. Tanji is in a sticky situation. Nothing seems to stick. Nothing seems to work. 

He rushes back at Baldur and throws a punch. Baldur eats the hit and punches him away. He flies back and rolls away. He grasps his stomach and crumples up in pain. He stands and the pain slowly subsides. He formulates a strategy. “I need to use Qi Rush and Dire Leap to get by. If I use Claw Slash and Power Fist, I should be able to get through and dwindle his strength.” 

His Qi Rush overrides his body and he pulls out as much qi as possible. His veins pulsate and bulge. He spits blood and falls to one knee. He looks up and thinks “So much qi!” He slowly gets back up to both legs and the Qi Rush fades before he can even approach Baldur. He mutters in fury “Are you serious?!” He stumbles forward then Baldur rushes at him. He slides under a power punch and goes in to push Baldur off of the ring. He tries but just moves himself back. 

Baldur then punches him away. He falls back and falls to the ground. He is in a very bad state to try and win this match. He can barely get up after Baldur hits him just once. He uses Dire Leap and leaps out of the way of a hefty slam. He lands away then uses Qi. He uses a sufficient amount but not much. He rushes around the ring then rotates back in towards Baldur. He boosts himself with Qi Rush and his speed picks up.

*CLASH*

Their two forearms clash then Tanji dodges a swing from Baldur with a backflip. He kicks in his knee with all of the power he has then uses Power Fist across his face. Baldur falls to his hands and drops to one knee and hand but it isn’t for long.

He stands and goes in to punch Tanji but he dodges and falls back. In a whiff, he uses Dire Leap and dodges a second punch. He lands gracefully across the arena and tries to keep as much distance as possible. His Qi Rush still is on cooldown so he has to try to not get into any commotion right now.

Baldur rushes at him. His speed is in contrast to his massive figure. He goes in to land a haymaker on Tanji but his Qi Rush shows up last minute. He ducks under the hit and speeds across the ring. He starts to lose stamina. After repetitively using Qi Rush and other arts, he’s losing a lot of strength.

He needs to finish this now. He uses as much qi as possible and it starts to hurt his body. He doesn’t care though. He uses Qi Rush and uses as much willpower to handle the qi. Baldur gets enraged at how he can’t hit him and his eyes become bloodshot. He bangs his chest and roars at Tanji. He slams his mouth and shut and clenches his massive fists. Tanji appears right in front of Baldur as if he’s a blur and punches him in his gut. 


He leaps over a swing and kicks Baldur right in his face. His whole body falls to the side and Tanji finalises the combo with his Power Fist. Baldur falls back but rushes back at him to punch him right across the ring. Tanji spits blood on the floor and rolls out of the way of a slam. The vibrations cause Tanji to fly up from the ring and go airborne. He lands on his feet and rushes away however.

He quickly starts to observe that he could lose any second now. He formulates the one and only strategy he can think of. To mix both powers. Both sides. He’s never done it and never wanted to. He mutters lowly to himself “This can seriously kill me. I’ll be healed anyway. Hopefully I don’t die though.”

He shifts and his claws come out. His eyes glow golden and small fangs can be seen in his mouth. Then, he reaches for his Soul Core and pulls as much out as he can. His hair flows violently and so does his clothes. Baldur watches in awe and confusion. His eyes glow a blazing golden colour and his muscles enlarge. The flowing slightly calms to a seamless breeze. His body is new and enhanced. His healing speeds up massively but the damage he is doing to his body slows the healing down tremendously.

 He sighs of relief and says to himself “It hurts but it works. Now let’s get this guy!” He uses Qi Rush and his white shirt just rips off. He rushes at Baldur at insane speed. He is a blur to Baldur and he punches him right in the chin. The impact causes one of Baldur’s teeth to fly out along with a bunch of blood. The sound is almost like someone dropped a TV.

While still airborne, he kicks him in his gut, rupturing one of his organs. He spits more blood and falls back a step. He quivers in pain and fear of a new and improved Tanji. His Qi Rush fades but he uses Power Fist. The qi in his arm overflows and causes his arm to bulge up. The Power Fist forms, surrounding his fist. He screams in his mind.

“THIS IS ITT!!!”

Time almost slows down for him. His perception ability greatly heightens. 

*BAM* 

The punch lands on Baldur’s body and ruptures a second organ on impact. The sound is so loud, it distracts some other fighters from their matches. 

Baldur flies out of the ring and falls onto the grey, rocky ground. The teacher puts out his hand and says “WINNER!! Tanji!” Tanji drops to both knees and his power fades. He passes out almost instantly and the people in the spectator rooms watch in awe. Tearle hears this and turns around to see what happened. He raises a brow and says “The human?” Lucien stands and says “What human?” Tearle points to Tanji and says “That guy! He’s a human! How did he just beat an ogre?!” Lucien says “He’s obviously not human then.” Tearle says “So what is he? Did you hear that punch it wasn’t any normal supernatural punch. No non-ogre should be able to beat an ogre with a power punch!” Lucien says “He really is interesting.”

2