Episode 20 – The Next Stage
74 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gudrod hurls the flag towards Silvan. The tip glistens under the sun and spins clockwise. Silvan only has a split-second to even glance upon the flying flag. It stabs into his chest then he is kicked to the ground. Melissa leaps over him and then her and Gudrod rush towards Alden. They stare above at Alden with bloodlust and Gudrod directly leaps up to him, without breaking eye contact. Alden uses a large fireball to knock Gudrod away then notices Melissa with the flag. Their punches then clash. The grass beneath them rips from the ground then Alden cocks back his free fist. He grits his teeth with anger and punches Melissa away. Gudrod has quickly made his way back up behind him. Gudrod throws a punch to his high-up head. This is a lethal mistake. Alden’s right hand grows thin and sharp claws. Fire engulfs the masses of each claw. He tenses every possible muscle in his arm that he can and slashes deep into Gudrod’s muscular flesh. Even some flesh is ripped right out of Gudrod’s body. 

Gudrod spits blood before a fireball blazes towards him. He has no time to react and the fire explodes on impact. He falls back and almost off of the rock but keeps his footing. Melissa reaches in to stab the flag into the flag area but is hit with the Na’este True Fist. She flies back and tumbles across the ground. Visible bruises can be seen on her but it is nothing major. Alden clenches his fists, glancing between both opponents. He’s in a sticky situation. 

Silvan gets up to his feet before hurling the flag at Alden. “Alden!” He turns and instantly picks up the strategy as if its telepathic. He stabs it into Melissa’s chest and Melissa falls back. Her eyes return to an icy blue colour before she spits blood onto Alden’s hand. She throws the flag to Gudrod who catches it with ease. Alden tries to stop him but is vehemently kicked off of the high grey rock. He falls and, for him, it’s almost in slow-motion. He lands gracelessly on the rock ground and Gudrod stabs the flag into the Flag Area. Gudrod helps Melissa up and her injuries heal.

Tearle comes and reveals an elixir. He sprays it across the field, healing the people there on the ground and even healing the bloody plants below them.

Zac is pretty bummed he didn’t get to do anything but it wasn’t really his fault.

Tearle says “Okay! It has been decided! Melissa, Zac and Gudrod Pass! But also one of the other team. Alden. He had formidable fighting skill but was unlucky with the 2v1.” Alden replies in his slight Aztec accent. “No. I will stay a loser if my teammates didn’t pass.” Tearle says “If you don’t want to accept so be it. Do you guys want to spectate or leave.” Tanji says lowly “I want to leave.” Tearle says “Okay. Well the building is back there just leave through the back door and someone will escort you out.”

Silvan and Alden stay to spectate one match before they leave though.

Tanji goes to his room and just looks out of the window. 

He stops cultivating for a while. He needs to find a way to make himself stronger! No things come to his mind. He can’t think of a single thing.

He starts researching on ways to gain strength and goes to werewolfbrute.com to find out on how he can get stronger. There are just the same ways of training and sparring. He shouts “I’m tired of this!!” He punches his table and it cracks. He turns and falls into his low-lying bed. He gazes to his ceiling, formulating his next strategy. The beams of sunlight stab across his room as the breeze hits his window.

He ponders and ponders and eventually comes up with a terrible but amazing strategy. He will go against the law and the state. He will become a vigilante. 

(Vigilantes are terrible in this world. City Troopers are the only certified people to use their powers against others without pressure from law or the state if you will. If anyone attacks even a bad person or criminal, it is seen as assault. Self-defence is allowed however.)

He goes to the store and buys soundproof shoes. They are black and have sound-insulating technology to prevent a lot of sound getting to the ear. 

He buys a dark black hoodie with black trousers too. He buys fingerless gloves and makes his way back home. He thinks “How am I supposed to fight people? I can’t even beat people my own age… Silver!” 

He then realises that he can’t buy silver anywhere. As he is thinking of what to do, he looks at his mirror. He knows it is imbued with silver protective material but he hopes his system can do something for him. 

He takes out the mirror and crushes it. He bangs it with his hand and it shatters. He shakes the pieces onto his table before he starts crushing it into stardust pieces. 

He sees the material then a glowing outline encases it. It says “Retract material? Silver? Silver Resistant Material?” He replies using his inner monologue. “Silver.” The outline then has a timer saying “7 min 59 sec” above it. 

He does something else and waits for the silver to finish extracting. He looks at his suit for his upcoming vigilantism and thinks “Why am I even doing this?” 

He goes on his phone for a while before he hears a ticking sound a few metres from him. He then sees a notification.

[EXTRACTION COMPLETE: 176g Silver Extracted.] He thinks in awe “That much?” He looks at it then goes to his tabs. He looks around for anything he can find. Anything that can help him as of now. 

He makes his query to the system. “What can I do with this silver?” The system replies almost instantly. “The user can access the inventory.” Tanji reacts to this comment with shock. “I have an inventory?!”

2