Episode 23 – End of a Chapter
69 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tanji, to continue his period of awe, glances upon his stats:

  • Tanji Bjornulfsson.
  • Level 11 [350/550] 
  • Strength: 23
  • Speed: 21
  • Defence: 30
  • Constitution: 24
  • Control: 68%
  • Intelligence: 16
  • (Average human male has stats of 3 - 6)
  • Species: Werewolf
  • HP [45/70]
  • XP Points: 7

Tanji wants to save some XP Points so he simply places 2 of those into speed and 1 into constitution. Tanji finishes his whole frenzy of happiness by watching the Bludby City’s news. He sees the basic news events with no real breaking news. He then gazes upon a picture of himself. His own face within his dark vigilante suit. He sees very intimidating text below the picture saying WANTED. After a single day, he has been found and pictured. He gets a little scared to return to his vigilantism but just waits for these things to die down. During this waiting period, he will commence his cultivation once again. 

Tanji notices the Guntai Breathing Method and after everything that has happened, he buys the Shiroiguntai class breathing method without second thought. 

Some time passes and his spiritual cultivation continues. His XP reaches 530/550 for Level 11. After constantly paying close attention to the news, his features across the news start to dwindle. Eventually, the first day passes where he doesn’t see himself mentioned there once. He takes this slight chance to return to his risky vigilantism. 

The full moon is a day away and many across the city are getting prepared. The tribes in the lowly forests of the world are rustling and rumbling with paranoid werewolves preparing for the weary night to come. Many werewolves prepare in different ways. Some conventional, some unconventional. All that is in common is that they all want to make it past the day. 

An Omega Werewolf pulls up his brown, leather coat before barging into a small store. The door rings the bell to inform the shopkeeper of his presence but he isn’t here for anything good. 

He starts violently snatching the products off of their respective shelves. He puts them in no bag but just his muscly arms. He smiles and lowly laughs while doing so. After this, he rushes right through the store once again. A crisp packet drops behind his damaged shoes and he begins to run away. However, someone lands in front of him. A man with a mask. A man with a sword. However, this is no man. This is Tanji. He stands right back up to his black soundproof shoes and unsheathes his silver blade. He swings his sword a single time before reading the man’s stats: 

  • Omega Werewolf (Unidentifiable Name)
  •  
  • Strength: 50
  • Speed: 39
  • Defence: 41
  • Constitution: 35
  • Control: 44%
  • Intelligence: 7
  • (Average human male has stats of 3 - 6)
  • Species: Werewolf

He sees he is far outmatched but he isn’t as strong as the other werewolf he faced. He makes sure to prioritise the use of his silver blade. 

[SUDDEN QUEST: Robber. Take down the robber to prevent a shoplift.]

[QUEST REWARDS: 550XP, 2 XP Points]

He smirks and nods. He says in his head “Let’s get this over with.”

Qi envelops his body and he says “Drop the stuff, man!” He says “So what? I’ll just kill you after!” He slowly drops the stuff in a sarcastic manner. He vigorously throws a red crisp packet at Tanji but he slices it in two. The crisps fall to the two sides of him then he uses another stance with his sword. He slashes across the man’s torso and slightly dips out of the way of a claw slash. This saves him and he is glad. He slides past the werewolf and slashes across his side. This causes even more necessary damage to him. 

The werewolf stumbles forward and grasps his side in agony. Blood drips in between the man’s sharp and large teeth. He rushes back in with fury to face Tanji. He swings his claws right towards Tanji but this is to no avail. Tanji simply ducks under the attack slashes across his chest. He cracks a rib in the process. Tanji then prepares his fist that is eager for violence. A white glow emits from the surface of his fist. An even larger True Power Fist appears around his ordinary human fist. He rushes in and uses the art. The fist lands in the werewolf’s gut and that alone causes masses of damage. 

The fist then explodes and the werewolf is heavily damaged. He drops to both knees with blood spurting onto his low-lying hands. Tanji looks around and quickly escapes from the scene. He leaps up and climbs onto a roof before running off into the distance to make his way back home.

A City Trooper lands mere seconds after he leaves. He thoroughly examines the scene and says “Where did he go?!” He neutralises the werewolf with a shock then grabs his body. He takes him away for further interrogation. He picks up his almost lifeless body then leaps away into the distance with amazing leaping power. 

Tanji arrives back in his small apartment room and quickly begins to take off the features of his suit. He quickly turns on the news and hears a new Breaking News report. “BREAKING NEWS!! The vigilante was caught again fighting a supposed robber outside of a convenience store. Witnesses are unwilling to co-operate and the vigilante is still on the loose. From the evidence accumulated, it seems to be a child. There is now a 1000 dollar reward for finding the supposed teen.”

The robber wakes up in silver shackles, tied to the floor. He also notices the blank and grey room surrounding him. He tries to pull out of the tough shackles but his wrists start burning so he stops resisting. His eyes look coldly at the interrogator. He sits down and he says “You aren’t in anything major, sir. We just want to know what you experienced with the vigilante.” He says “He’s no normal kid. I don’t know what specie he is he might even be human. He had a weird translucent glow as if he was a god.” He nods and says “Okay, anything else?” He says “Umm, oh yeah the sword! He wielded an odd silver sword. That’s how he was able to beat me!” The interrogator sits back down and replies calmly. “We still need you in here to determine your charge but thank you for co-operating with the present vigilantism incident.” He scoffs and just sits back in his seat, waiting for further interrogation.

Tanji is in shock and thinks “No I can’t go out there again. I need to do something else.”

3