Episode 26 – Tanji’s Last Stand
59 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tanji is slammed into the ground and spits blood. Zarvus dives down and says “Fire Vortex Strike!” Tanji thinks “Oh no!” He slams into Tanji as well as launching a massive wave of fire from his hands. Tanji coughs even more blood and is thrown into the ring. He ricochets off of it and is elbowed to the floor. He gets onto his limbs and dodges a slam then rushes across the ring. Tanji pants from the overexertion of his power so far.

He thinks “This won’t do! I need something else! Maybe, If I use a Heavenly Breathing Method while fighting!” He ducks under a punch and slashes at his ankle. Zarvus gets infuriated and swings his other leg at Tanji but he dodges. Zarvus rushes in and throws a punch but Tanji gets onto the edge of the ring and leaps over his attack. He lands behind him then swivels around to

lock onto any succeeding action.

He whispers to himself “The white waves of the sea call upon the bristling winds for its next ripple. It’s next chance to flow..” He continues chanting the words within the Shiroiumi Breathing Method. While fighting, he is just constantly dodging Zarvus’ attacks and paying no attention to offence. Zarvus says “Stop dodging my attacks! Just fight already!” He goes in for a punch but Tanji catches it. He continues whispering the chant while locking eyes with him. He tries to stab his claws into his stomach but he meets his scales. They make a hard coin-like noise when touched then Tanji is punched in the gut. He takes a step back but then leaps under the next attack. He runs on all fours and makes his way right across the ring. 

Zarvus turns and snarls before saying “Fire Wave!” He waves his hand and the fire roars towards Tanji. Tanji however, calms himself while making the chant. He slices his hand down extremely fast, using Qi Cloaked Palm, and splits the fire in two. The waves of fire scrape past him and he is left unscathed. Zarvus says “How?!” Tanji doesn’t reply and continues chanting but then he rushes in at Zarvus. He ducks under a punch then punches him in the side of the body. He cocks back his body then punches him right in his face. He falls to the side and feels significant pain from such attacks. Zarvus turns and thinks “I’m not gonna let some rascal beat me!!” He grows scales across his arms and face. He slams his teeth together and slides back one leg. 

Right as he does this, he flies off towards Tanji. Tanji tries to block the incoming punch but is sent flying into the side of the ring. He bounces off of it and tries to land one of his own attacks but it meets with his rock hard scales and is futile. His knuckles are heavily strained then he pulls them back. Zarvus smirks and grabs his wrist. He then gut punches him and Tanji spits blood. This puts him off of his chanting and he loses that slight extra power. He kicked into the ring then hit down to the floor with an elbow.

Tanji thinks “His attacks hurt much more now! Those damn scales.” He collects his claws into a blade-like shape then they catch fire. He dives his hand down and he stabs right into Tanji’s chest. Tanji spits blood and gains a deep burn wound. He taps out and his qi disperses right after he does this. Zarvus stands up and his scales dissipate. His eyes switch to a more human look and then he takes a step back. Tanji stands up and blood drips in between his fingers as he holds his wound. He spits blood onto the floor but then the master jumps in the ring and helps him. 

He says “Take this herb.” He rubs a dark green herb on his wound that smokes when he does so. He wraps paper around his body and tightens it. Tanji exhales with relief and says “Thank you..” He says “No problem. Now get out of the ring.”

Tanji steps out and facepalms. “Oh, his stats! I’m really not used to that art yet.”

He reads his stats and they are as follows:

Zarvus Snile

  • Strength: 72
  • Speed: 61
  • Defence: 90
  • Constitution: 75
  • Control: 60%
  • Intelligence: 6
  • Species: Branog 

Tanji says “He’s strong! Wow. That defence stat probably breaches the 100 mark when he uses his scales.” 

Tanji says “So can I stay?” The master says “You did lose..” Tanji’s face drops, waiting for his inevitable denial. Then the master says “But, he is a very skilled fighter. You even gave him a run for his money for some of your attacks. You’re in.” Tanji’s face lights up and he says “Thank you! Thank you, sir!” 

After this, he takes Tanji behind a door. Wooden walls surround him. The echo from his footsteps quickly subside every time. He notices several elaborate weapons across the walls. Viking-like swords, double-handers, shuriken, katanas etc. The master points out his wooden pole and says “You will choose a weapon from one of these. You can choose one, or you can choose many. It’s your choice.” Tanji says “Woah. I wa-,” The master promptly cuts him off and says “You need to train first. Zarvus is barely average within this dojo.” Tanji says “Wow. Then how strong are you?” The master laughs and says “Much stronger than Zarvus.” Tanji then says to himself “How strong is he really?” 

Otto Raijin 

  • Strength: ???
  • Speed: ???
  • Defence: ???
  • Constitution: ???
  • Control: ???
  • Intelligence: ???
  • Species: ???

Tanji is bummed out and thinks “Just his name?” 

The master brings him back out to the dojo and says “I’m gonna have to train you physically. Calisthenics are pretty much useless for us supernaturals. This is why I have these heavy weights.”

Tanji looks in shock. Rows of 400kg dumbbells. 500kg plates. Tanji says “I can’t lift that.” The master raises a brow and says “Sure you can. What species are you?” He says “I’m a werewolf.” The master says reassuringly “Yeah, you can do it. Werewolves are strong.” 

Tanji walks up to a 135kg dumbbell and lifts it. He says “Woah!” He pulls it up to his chest and thinks “I’ve gotten so much stronger as a werewolf! This is crazy!”

The master gauges his strength and says “Okay. Here’s your workout plan.” His eyes glow white and he writes across the paper swiftly. He shows him the several exercises and Tanji thanks him.

2