Episode 31 – Mauling Barrage
50 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a knick of time, he grabs onto a tree but it’s ripped from the stump. The ancestor is propelled airborne to combat the furious bear. He dodges a slash but is kicked in his side before swivelling mid-air. From his spinning, he starts to lose control of his vision. Everything just continues to spin and spin. The spinning suddenly comes to a halt as he slams into the floor. The bear slams into the floor but, while filled with rage, it just gets up and runs at him. The ancestor stabs the bear in the stomach with a tree branch and then slashes three times across its furry torso. He is kicked back but the bear is visibly weakened. 

He falls back, panting from the encounter. The thunder above roars down to them. The bear whimpers in fear and falls back. The ancestor takes this great chance to attack. He runs in and leaps, front flipping in the process. He slashes down the bear’s body then kicks the bear powerfully in its side. This certainly shakes the bear up and makes the bear lose its footing. 

He thinks “I have to use this attack too?!!” He sighs and shakes his head. The bear has no idea what is about to come. The ancestor pulls back and shows his large claws. One claw is as long as a finger and as sharp as a sword. He says “Mauling Barrage!” He beams across at the bear. The grass below him rips from the roots because of the shear pressure released. 

Even the most skilled of Alphas at the time would see the ancestor as a blur right now. He then follows by hitting the bear with several deep and powerful slashes. The bear’s flesh is ripped right from its chest and abdomen. The intestines of the bear is flying around freely while also being damaged. He finishes with a slash across its large and small intestine.

The bear cowls in fear and pain then the ancestor blurs up to its head area. He plants his foot on his chest then slams the bear into the ground. The slam causes cracks to scurry through the ground. The cracks reach the adjacent river and heavily affects the current. The trees in front of them tumble under the cracks and thump to the floor.

The bear makes one last glance at the ancestor before it dies. The ancestor exhales slowly under the rain and the blood droops in between his fur and drops from his arms. His fur then starts to shrink and fade. His body muscle shrinks and his body steams off. He drops down to examine the bear’s carcass.  

“What really was up with you, Bear?” 

However, one gloop of bubbly purple energy is seen from the deep crevasse in the bear. It pops and the ancestor doesn’t notice. However, more and more purple energy is released from within the body. He inhales the energy and the energy latches onto his skin. Purple patches start to grow across his muscly forearms and his body. He steps back and starts coughing. His eyes flash purple then return to a dim red before returning to a normal human colour.

He glances upon his skin and the patches start to fade. He sighs and says “Definitely lucky with this Healing Factor.” He shakes off his arms but then his body rushes with power. His spine cracks and he falls under his weight. The river crashes next to him and the thunder roars above him. Lightning strikes down next to him and he punches the ground. 

The ground quivers and trembles under the force of the punch and his shoulder blades enlarge. Purple veins protrude from his spinal area and he uses all of his willpower to resist it. He claws across the wet mud and uses his already existing power to resist this peculiar energy.

The veins grow across his body slowly and grant him masses of pain but also power. He steps up to one knee and shakes under the pain rushing throughout his body. He cracks his spine back in place manually and roars against the thunder. The veins retract and his muscles lean out slightly.

 Once the power is completely suppressed, he stumbles back into the river. He falls in it and the harsh current hinders full control of his body. He tumbles and rolls in the water but slams his fist into the riverbed to prevent further movement. He leaps out of the river then makes his way away from the scene. He snatches his spear from the ground and leaves the area back to the city. 

“It kinda started as a little power but evolved and imbued the lycanthropic power he already seemed to possess.” Tanji says “Wow. That guy seems really strong.” Lucas says “Yeah. Do you know anything about your family?” Tanji instantly looks down but gets to the point by putting a fake face on. “My mum left me when I was young and my dad left because I didn’t have any werewolf powers for a long time.” Lucas says “Oh, so sorry for all of that.” Tanji says “Thank you.” Tanji is much more sinister with his thoughts however. “That guy. I haven’t seen his face is 8 years. Once I get strong enough I will find you and I will kill you.”

2