Episode 36 – New Sword
39 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He thumps to the floor but he just grabs his sword and gets back up. He grips it tight and switches to the Guarding Stance.

He thinks “This guy is strong! I can’t let him through my guard.” He grips the sword and his eyes glow golden. He thinks “Let’s do what I practiced.” He floods the sword with a lot of qi then claws grow from his fingernails. A translucent aura takes over his body and his strength greatly increases. He whispers “Thin Blade Barrage..” His aura begins to become more violent and he beams off towards Vaderuk with his newfound speed. He ducks under a punch and slashes his side. This cracks the breastplate then he slashes up his forearm. He then slashes down powerfully with his sword. Vaderuk’s breastplate saves him but the breastplate gets greatly damaged. The broken metal plates start dangling from the soft base of the breastplate.

Tanji goes in with a kick then back steps to get some more distance. Vaderuk stumbles back into the ring wall and holds his healing wound. He slams his jaw and massive tusks into his head in preparation for his next attack. He rips the broken breastplate off his torso and reveals his large body. He clenches his fists and his forearms tense up. He makes a more aggressive Ogre Stance. The killer stance. He lowers his body and slams his forearms onto the ring floor. He growls lowly then snarls to follow. 

Tanji gulps and thinks “The killer stance. A popular stance with ogres from the Northern Lands. Used in the duels within the tribes. Ogre warriors used to love this stance. He means business. Well, I guess this means I should go all out!” 

Tanji holds his sword out far and keeps light on his feet. Vaderuk pounds his chest then slams his forearm back onto the wooden ring floor. Vaderuk snarls then leaps airborne. He raises his hands above his head and dives down onto Tanji. Tanji sheathes his sword quickly and uses Qi Cloaked Palm. He strikes the ogre in his left chest area and greatly hurts him. The ogre’s direction of falling is disrupted and he falls back. While he is in the air, Tanji pulls an arrow from his side and stabs it into his stomach. The ogre falls and stumbles back and away, holding the arrow. 

Tanji pulls out his bow and shoots 2 quick arrows. They don’t even pierce his skin and just drop in front of him. Tanji drops the bow and kicks it out of the ring. “Useless!” He thinks in irritation. Vaderuk slowly gets up and rips the arrow from his stomach. He dusts off his hands and wipes the blood on his raggedy trousers. Tanji floods qi to his knuckledusters and makes a close fighting stance. Vaderuk stands, holding his wound, and declares in fury “Vaderuk will win this match!!” He bends down then beams off towards Tanji. 

His steps are loud and scary. He cocks back his fist while running and extends at high speed. Tanji reacts by using the 3 Lions Shield and shakes when hit. He follows by quickly punching him in his jaw. His knuckledusters, with his qi, have become more tough and help deal more damage. The punch cracks the angry ogre’s jaw, which causes him great discomfort. He falls back holding his jaw but Tanji quickly takes advantage of this. He swings from low down but Vaderuk manages to dodge with instinct. 

Tanji swings his right leg powerfully to land a hard-hitting kick but Vaderuk dodges this too and leaps back. Tanji plants his foot forward and makes another offensive stance. He steps back slightly and analyses the situation to himself. “His wounds heal crazy fast. His strength is manageable as of now. If I carry on defending from his strength and chipping at him with my very own arsenal, I can win this!” He pulls out an arrow and hurls it towards Vaderuk in a lazy fashion. 

It is merely swatted by Vaderuk but this was the whole ploy. Tanji blitzes towards him with Qi Rush and cocks back his fist largely. He shouts to himself “FINISH THIS!!” He lands the punch to one of Vaderuk’s ribs and snaps one in two. The punch is loud and startling for anyone who hears it. Vaderuk falls into the ring wall and grasps his side. He spits blood onto the floor while in great pain. Tanji takes this chance to grab an arrow and stab it into Vaderuk’s back. Vaderuk gets notably injured but also aggravated. He swats Tanji in his torso then punches him in his jaw. Tanji falls back, coughing blood onto the floor. He stumbles back like a drunk person then is elbowed in the front of his jaw. 

His head is jerked back forcefully, which causes a lot of minor damages. Several micro-fractures and small strains across his jaw, jaw muscles and skull. Tanji then gets kicked in his arm so hard that his arm fractures. He screams in pain and grabs his arm. His knuckledusters drop from his arm and he thinks “I can barely move my arm! Damn, I slipped up!! I’m not sure what to do now!” He whips out his sword and holds it far out in fear of getting hit once again. Vaderuk rushes to him but Tanji slashes up his gut and steps away. He thinks “Come on, arm, heal!” 

“Wait, what if I flood my sword with the qi from Qi Rush!!” He uses Qi Rush and floods the qi into it quickly. He zooms at Vaderuk and cocks back his whole body to dodge a vigorous swing. He then thinks “NOW!!” A small diamond emblem glows on the lower area of his sword. The sword starts to glow a cyan colour and he slashes down Vaderuk’s body. The collected qi and wind around the sword causes even more devastating damage.

Vaderuk looks down in horror at the wound. He then mutters something almost any ogre never admits to. “Vaderuk.. admits.. defeat.” He falls to the wooden floor and passes out. Tanji stumbles back and thinks “I won.. I won!”

2