Episode 55 – Gym
22 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The three friends, after finishing the final periods of school, decide to head to the School Library to talk things out. 

Silvan puts across a method of how they gain power. “We could spar frequently. Learn techniques and boost our fighting ability.” Alden says “That would be good.” Tanji replies with his own opinion. “That would be good but I think it’s fine for now. We didn’t get stomped by that Second Year Werewolf because he had better fighting technique. Now, I’m not saying he didn’t I’m sure he did. However, we both got hurt really bad because the guy was strong. If we get strong, like insanely strong, we could definitely climb the ranks.” Alden says “Ahh! And us supernaturals gain strength rather quickly.” Tanji says “Yeah! It’s another reason to do that.” Silvan agrees and they decide to all find a gym to go to.

The difference with gyms of this world, is that they’re much more technologically advanced. As supernaturals are extremely strong, they utilise a special technology especially exported by a trillion dollar enterprise across the globe. Gravball 

Certain domes can be rented out that have certain gravitational capabilities. They can mimic the pull of gravity and increase or decrease such to one’s liking. 

They run to the city and all casually run at speeds that exceed 30mph. They do this for a few miles and make it to the heart of the city. The streets are bustling and cars crowd the streets. 

They find the gym and its massive. Each Gravball dome is about 20 metres in diameter and has a few bars. They enter the gym through two, large metal doors and they reach the counter. There sits a gym member and he says “Welcome to Metwire Gyms, what would you like?” Tanji says “All three of us would like a gym membership please.” He starts typing on his computer and he’s easily typing above a speed of 300 words per minute. “Alright, would you like a group membership or individual?” Tanji says “We can have that?” Silvan says “I have the funds, let’s take the group one.” The man continues with his typing and says “Of course, that’ll be 70 now and 70 every month until you decide to cancel okay?” Silvan nods and reveals his phone.  

The price is paid and the group are ready to train. They all enter the same Gravball and Silvan says “We should just try some sparring under the weight maybe?” Alden says “Yeah, let’s try that for today.” Silvan says “I wanna have a go!” Tanji says “I’m fine with whatever.” Alden says “Me too. Silvan, you choose.” 

Silvan says “I’ll choose Tanji.” Tanji steps forward and he says “Alright. What gravity measurement should we choose?” Silvan says “Try 5X.” Alden goes over to the interface and is quickly met by a futuristic, red tinted interface. He scrolls through and eventually finds his way through things. He clicks on the setting displaying gravity strength and he selects 5X.

A noise can be heard across the dome and the gravity is soon felt. Tanji says “Wow! That’s strong!” Silvan shifts into his highest vampire form. Tanji shifts into his form too and Alden manages to keep himself going. He’s light and strong so is just perfectly made for this gravity chamber. Tanji says “Alright. Let’s go!” He pulls blood into his right forearm and it visibly enlarges. He bites his palm and it breaks through the skin. A mass of blood is released from his palm and it flows freely around it. He clenches his fist and the blood crystallises across his arm. He makes a stance, placing such arm closer to his body. 

[SUDDEN QUEST: Silvan. Beat Silvan in this fight.]

[QUEST REWARDS: 800XP, 2 New Arts, 1 New Breathing Method.]

Tanji thinks “800XP?! That’s good!!”

Tanji makes a stance and extracts his qi. His combined form takes effect and Tanji jumps. Once he lands, the sound is much louder than usual but still much quieter than expected. He only jumps about 30 inches into the air, similar to the capabilities of a human. Silvan throws a punch and sees that it’s much slower than normal. He says “This’ll be hard. I can already feel the weight in my legs.” Tanji nods and says “You got that right.” 

“If I was still human my legs would’ve snapped by now!” Tanji comments in his head. Alden says “Begin.” Silvan rushes in and throws a wild swing. Tanji ducks under the arm and lands a liver punch. Right after this, he swerves behind him and lands a punch to his jaw. Silvan turns quickly and the crystallisation across his fingers grow into massive, clawed fingers. He runs forward and throws another wild punch. Tanji weaves past and kicks him in the same area again. He fractures a rib as he lands and Silvan makes a small grunt from the pain. Tanji advances forward and punches him in the gut with his True Power Fist. Silvan falls back several metres and drops to a single knee, holding his gut in pain. Tanji says “I’ve been human for a lot of my life. I’ve quickly noticed that supernaturals have terrible defence. I learned a good defence and learned how to pick apart offensive attacks while most supernaturals just cruise through, relying on raw power. Use your defence.” 

Silvan stands and utilises a good guard. Tanji makes his own stance and uses Qi Rush. His aura flows around and blasts outwards. He dashes forwards and punches his block. Silvan pulls his fist up and lands a gut punch. He goes in for an uppercut then swivels for a heel kick but both don’t land. Tanji blitzes forward and punches him in his open chest. Silvan stumbles back and hits the ground below. Silvan gets up to his feet and makes his guard once again. He bites his other arm then grows a massive crystal blade across it. 

He runs forward and punches Tanji’s firm block. He swings his blade but Tanji just about dodges under it. Some of his hair gets chipped away though. Silvan lands a punch to his face then a shallow cut across his torso. The wound quickly fades away but it hurts him. Silvan closes his eyes and flows his blood as fast as he can. His heartbeat doubles in heart rate. His skin goes a redder colour and his eyes glow a brighter red. 

Tanji makes a stronger stance, in preparation for what’s to come. 

1