Episode 58 – Getting it Down
18 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The time comes for a second fight against the werewolf blue-bots. Tanji is ready to lead and ready to win. He wears his P.E. uniform and checks if his lightning qi is doing alright. Lightning trickles up his arm and starts flowing and crackling around his hand. He waves it away and nods. “Looks good.” He notes to himself.

He arrives at the arena where they fought previously and the same two teachers are present. Mrs. Klawfield says “Welcome again! As you can see, some of you are gone and have been replaced by others. For these new people, I will go over the lesson assignment once again.” 

Mrs. Klawfield goes on to explain the different rules and parts of the lesson. The group bundle up in the centre and Mrs. Klawfield says “You have 15 minutes to talk beforehand. The time you have left before the actual event will be displayed on that wall.” They both blur away and appear on a stand behind a fortified glass wall. 

Tanji looks back to the group and knows he has to do something about it all. “Alright, everyone! I don’t want us to be ridiculed by them again and lose! So we have to go into this with strategy!” The group stay silent and listen to him in respect of his efforts and character. Tanji says “The problem with last time can be split into two parts. One, inexperience. We didn’t know the robots and we didn’t know how to best combat them. Most of us have a better image of such and therefore, that issue will likely become minor and excusable this time. The other problem was exhaustion. We lost many members of the group and we also were exhausted. We were experimenting and that’s fine. Now, we need to keep ourselves ready at least until the Level 4 Blue-Bots come out-,” 

Tanji is sharply cut off by a member of the group. “Boring! We don’t need to listen to you, you look weak!” Tanji looks up to him and says “And who are you to say that?” He stands forward and says “A person that can say that!” Tanji examines his body and notices his muscly figure. 

He promptly sees his stats and stays firm.

  • Brandon Mathias
  •  
  • Strength: 72
  • Speed: 83
  • Defence: 60
  • Constitution: 70
  • Control: 62%
  • Intelligence: 4
  •  
  • (Average human male has stats of 3 - 6)
  • Species: Vampire

“A vampire, huh? Pretty athletic and has definitely got some good stats.” He thinks to himself. “Where were you last time? Are you new?” Tanji asks firmly. “I hadn’t had blood for a week and was on some trash blood bags for ages. I was barely at half my strength!!” He says defensively. Tanji says “Okay, so you’re definitely gonna be a great asset to the team!” Brandon replies in agitation. “Asset?! Like a pawn to be used?! You better watch yourself, dog! I can smell the fur on you!” 

A girl pushes Brandon back and says “Hey! Stop being so arrogant and listen to him. He was the sole reason we got so far and you maybe would’ve seen that if you didn’t get eliminated so fast!” Brandon scoffs and stays silent. Tanji replies politely. “Thank you.” She blushes lightly and says “It’s whatever.” Tanji goes on to read her stats and is surprised by her name.

  • Vanessa Mathias
  •  
  • Strength: 52
  • Speed: 98
  • Defence: 44
  • Constitution: 67
  • Control: 74%
  • Intelligence: 9
  •  
  • (Average human male has stats of 3 - 6)
  • Species: Vampire

“His sister?!” He replies in shock. 

“Anyway, back to what I was saying. We need to take out the low-level bots quickly and efficiently. That’s what I want the vamps to do. You use your speed and stamina to waste the different bots and save the team stamina and time as a whole.” A vampire snaps within the group and says “Look at you! Some dog commanding us! You probably aren’t even all that and just a bossy leader!” His eyes glow red and he clenches one of his fists slowly. Tanji sighs in annoyance and reads the small vampire’s stats.

  • Zane Benedict 
  •  
  • Strength: 22
  • Speed: 34
  • Defence: 17
  • Constitution: 40
  • Control: 67%
  • Intelligence: 5
  •  
  • (Average human male has stats of 3 - 6)
  • Species: Vampire

Tanji lets out a little smirk once he sees the stats and this really ticks off Zane. He runs in and throws a punch but Tanji catches it and pulls it away with raw power. He grabs the vampire’s shirt and glows his eyes. “We only have 8 minutes left to get through some talking and you’re ruining it for us. Should I just get rid of you now?” He says deeply and angrily. Zane tries to pull away and Tanji punches him in his gut and he drops to both knees. The noise from the strike is much louder than people would expect from someone of his figure. Zane gasps for air and holds his stomach in agony. He rolls over into a ball, trying to handle the pain from the devastating punch.

“Back to what I was saying!! We need the Level 1s and 2s to be handled by the vamps and I also want weak fire users to do their thing from a range and cause some extra damage. Now, Werewolves should go in for the Level 3s. Werewolves possess that extra strength and explosiveness than vamps and should be able to handle this level quite well. Now, for the Level 4s and 5s. They come out in dishes of 8 from what I recall and we’re gonna need the big dogs. Ogres and Wendigos. You lot run in and fight. You’re the strong and powerful ones. You lack significant stamina from what I know of but you should be able to handle the Level 4s and 5s. I will be in helping wherever I can. When I use my Overcharge ability with the blue ball, I will tell you to move and if I say that, listen for your own wellbeing.” 

A female ogre says “We should group up in our species. It’ll make it easier to run.” Tanji nods and says “Good idea. Everyone get in your respective species! Werewolves here with me, ogres with her, vampires with Brandon, wendigos with that guy and hellhounds with him. Other species group up. I haven’t seen you before?” The ogre says “Yes, I just entered here. I’m actually Half-Ogre Half-Vampire.” Tanji says awkwardly “Can you like, talk?” Her eye twitches in reaction and she replies in agitation “I can speak thank you very much!” 

Tanji nods and just stays silent after that. He reads her stats after hearing that nightmare hybrid.

  • Ava Tikohr 
  •  
  • Strength: 110
  • Speed: 102
  • Defence: 91
  • Constitution: 88
  • Control: 82%
  • Intelligence: 5
  •  
  • (Average human male has stats of 3 - 6)
  • Species: Ogre/Vampire

Tanji is actually surprised by her stats. “What?! That’s so good! She has the strength of the ogre and speed of the vampire in one package! Unbelievable!” He thinks in surprise.

  •  

BRANDON MATHIAS

First Year Grimcrest Combat Academy Student

Brandon is a vampire of the Mathias Family. They are fairly rich and have somewhat value within the state of Bludby. They possess great athleticism and are known for their dilution to cause such. Brandon has red-ginger hair and the same colour eyes. It stands on end with medium length. He has a muscly and low-fat figure, similar to many supernaturals of the world. He stands at a whopping 6’6, 240lbs. He is known for his overwhelming strength and underestimated speed. 

1