Episode 60 – Time to Rest
15 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He continues to analyse his opponent “I estimate this bot on similar level to Brandon. It has a similar figure too but likely isn’t anywhere near as fast. Seems strong and aggravated off the jump.” 

He makes a stance and the blue-bot roars at him. He takes a few steps forward and clashes with the bot. He slides back but ducks under a claw swing and lands two gut punches. The werewolf bot tries to attack him but he blocks and Tanji quickly throws a swing of his own. The bot blocks and lands two front kicks. The bot slashes down harshly but Tanji grabs the arm and just about misses the metal claws. “The bot lacks sufficient technique. It replicates a human but it replicates an aggressive and enraged one. I should be able to win this with a couple arts.” He activates Qi Rush and stares down the bot.

Tanji swerves past the bot and punches it in the chest. He follows with a left hook that the blue-bot manages to dodge. Tanji just about dodges a predicted swing but he grabs the lifted arm to leave the blue-bot’s left side wide open. He collects qi around his right leg and kicks him in the side. The blue-bot drops to the floor then he uses the True Power Fist to its head. The head of the blue-bot cracks and breaks slightly. The slight explosion from the cloaked fist causes some extra damage to that also.

Tanji steps back and mumbles “I’m causing some good damage. I should be able to get rid of this bot in a few more seconds.” Tanji steps forward and leaps into the air. He flips while mid-air and dives down with a powerful slam through the use of his Dire Slam. The blue-bot is destroyed and Tanji says “As predicted.” He looks up and around to find another bot to face. 

A Level 3 Bot approaches him and he takes no time for granted. Qi collects across his long claws and that same arm gains much more vascularity. He promptly darts forward and slashes upwards, against the metallic body of the bot. The claws he possesses and the qi engulfing them makes for a deep and devastating slash. The bot stumbles back slightly and Tanji leaps in with the True Power Fist. It’s whole head caves in and crumbles under the overwhelming impact. Tanji grabs its neck and squeezes powerfully. He eventually snaps the virtual neck of the blue-bot and drops the body to the floor.

The dish of bots are dismantled and the next dish are revealed. Tanji says “Prepare!” Tanji runs forward and leaps into the stands. He puts his hands together and his claws retract while doing so. Lightning trickles across his hands and collect slowly. 

Brandon thinks “He thinks he can just take a rest when he wants?! This ‘leader’ isn’t anything special at all!” Brandon punches a Level 3 Bot then blocks an incoming attack. He ducks down and throws two strong strikes to its abdomen before rising up for an uppercut. The werewolf bot slams him away and tries to cut him with the claws but he catches the bot’s wrist. He jabs his arm forward and stabs through the robot. He throws it to the floor and turns away.

*SLAM*

Brandon is suddenly slammed into by a Level 4 bot, pushing him off his feet. The werewolf bot reaches forward and tries to grab him but is kneed in the chest by Ava. She lands and punches down with her great force. She kicks the robot into the wall then slams into it forcefully. The sound is loud and deep. A hellhound then launches a fireball onto the bot and destroys it. Ava turns and exits, moving on to another opponent. 

Tanji’s Overcharge ball is gaining control and is becoming more condensed. “Come on, come on!” He says in a hurry. A ghoul walks past him and aims a condensed fireball. It destroys an injured blue-bot and accidentally hits a student. The bruise heals in his face and the supernatural makes a sign of annoyance and confusion. The ghoul shouts “Sorry!” 

Tanji looks down and analyses the scene. “We’re losing a lot of people! The vampires are dropping in count at an alarming rate and the robots only continue to get stronger. His fire.. maybe it could be used in the art?” Tanji looks up to the ghoul, while forcefully moving the unstable ball of electricity back into a stable position. He says quickly “Listen. When I hit this ball on the ground, you aim your fireball and hit it alright?” He nods and the next robots are dished out. Tanji’s lightning ball completes and somewhat stabilises. Tanji says “EVERYONE!! MOVE!” He leaps in after the supernaturals zoom out of the stage. He throws the Lightning Ball into the centre and the ghoul aims with a single eye open.

His breathing halts and his arm steadies. Time almost dilates for the ghoul and he launches the growing fireball. Humans would find it hard to see the fire of the ghoul. It hits into the Overcharge ball and causes an uproar of electricity and fire. The bots get scorched and destroyed. Tanji’s mouth widens from the sight. “We can win!!” He says “When I come back up, you know what to do.” He nods and then he jumps back into the stage. Ava does the same then the remaining ogres, ghouls, vampires and werewolves.

Tanji looks around and calmly breathes outwards. He slowly flows his body around and qi follows his smooth movements. He then stops firmly and his aura rages outwards. His eyes glow and he shifts, using some of his lycanthropy. 

Four Level 4s and then Four Level 5s appear from the doors. Tanji turns and reveals his new plan. “Everyone! Form cells of 3 minimum! We need to work as teams to defeat these beasts! The stands! Use your fire and groups should target singular blue-bots only when completely open to reduce friendly fire!” Many nod and Tanji makes a low stance as a Level 5 bot stands ahead of him. The group of fighters huddle around the middle and form their cells. Brandon stands next to Tanji’s side and Vanessa stands on the other. Tanji smiles and says “Thanks, guys. Let’s get these things!” 

1