Chapter 5 Hardware store
264 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It had been 1 month since I got out of hospital, Despite my broken leg and collar bone I was able to hobble on crutches.

Mum had already returned to work and would Cook extra meals for my breakfast and lunch as she was occupied with work, again I received the anonymous letters, "fuck do these guys ever give up" son of a whore's".

Feeling depressed and thinking to myself "I have to find a way to make money, my leg is getting better, my collar bone is getting better too, maybe I can find a way to make money".

As I was brain storming I came to the conclusion and remembered when I walked past the Hardware store that the Old man was looking for an assistant as per the ad on the door of the shop, briefly looking at the ad it briefly stated that book keeping was part of the duties.

Building up enough courage I hobbled to the store, as I walked in the store it was pretty quiet today.

Walking in I could here the Old man singing to Rick Astleys,"Never gonna give you up" "Never gonna let you down", damn it was horrible his singing, anyways despite the droning voice I decided to approach him.

As he turned around I could smell alcohol on his breath followed by the stench of smoke, to my suprise he recognised me straight away, 

"ah young fella wtf happend to you?, you look like shit, I told you to go do some pushes now look at you, you little twerp hahaha" as he laughed mockingly.

This old bastard, "listen old man I didnt come for a lecture I came here for a Job!"

"A Job you say" well I do need an assistant, only problem is you look like a truck hit you" and not the nice looking one too lol"

After laughing the old man stopped and looked at me seriously before barking out,"fine $15 an hour, 7 hours a day,five times a week for 2 months take it or leave it?" $17 dollars an hour and we have a deal? While pondering for a second the old man suggested ok until you get your feet back up under you, 2 months work and weekend work when you return to school? Take it or leave it"?

"Deal Ill take it!"

That should get me close to my $5k target.

"Then Ill see you tomorrow then chump 7:00am sharp, don't be late and dont forget to bring your brains cripple" fuck this guys rude, oh well Ive got a Job!

I left and returned home.

6