chapter 0 – prologue
265 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Witch (0)

bratatatata....bratatata!!....BRATATATATA!!!!

The terrifying sound of an assault rifle filled the once cheerful and bright corridors of the school building. The hallways, once filled with the clattering of footsteps, loud noises, and laughs, were now replaced by an ominous air of death and unfruitful cries for help.

ratatatatattatatatatta...click clack.....ratatata...

sound of ear screeching gunshots and

student 1: "HEEEEEELLLLLPPPPPP!!!"

teacher 1: "WHO IS THAT GUY!!!!"

student 2: "GET OUT THE WAY YOU FUCK!!"

student 1: "RUN! RUN! RUN!"

sounds of confused and frightened people. 

They had heard stories of such awful incidents happening in America, never did they think such gruesome reality will haunt them as well.

Having heard the chilling sound of a gun for the first time in reality, their bodies trembled.

Escaping was their only option, some were lucky for a moment while others

student 3: "SOMEBODY CALL THE POLICE QUIC---GHAA!!!!"

thump!

had their luck run dry. Falling down, never to get up again.

Amidst all the chaos,

Hilda, a 21 year old college student, like always, had come to school to pick up her sister of 17. Her sister's body was weak since birth, walking for long times outside or traveling alone were pleasures ripped away from her since birth.

How can the all-seeing and omnipotent god be this cruel to an innocent child?

was the basis of Hilda's disbelief in religion and the poison that over the years degraded her relationship with her parents to that of strangers. 

Not recognizing the parents she once knew and loved fall deeper and deeper into the abyss of prayers and gurus, she decided to cut the final strings and moved out of the house at 19, living with her then boyfriend now turned into a stranger.

While saving money to leave his apartment and get one of her own, the only source of motivation she had was her weak sister.

Today, Like always, she had come to pick her up from school and go to the new cafe that opened. While waiting for her to come, she decided to visit the school's washroom.

ugghh..I need to hurry. Jenny must be waiting for me right now.

She flushed the toilet and went to open the cubical door when suddenly

dakakkakakakaka!!!!.......bratatatatattata.....!!!

distant noise : "AGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"

loud noise: "THERE'S A SHOOTER!!!"

The sound of gunshots and the reason entered her ears.

Without thinking, she rushed out to find her sister in order to save her and run away to safety.

MAID OF BATTLE

That's what her name meant, proudly given by her parents, expectant of the child to grow strong and just.

Being selfless, going amidst the danger to save her poor and weak sister, was a given fact.

or so Hilda thought, but betraying her ramping thoughts of heroism, she locked herself inside and hid.

***

A few minutes have passed since the nightmare began, Hilda cowering inside the cubical. Her hands clasped, her legs shaking and her mind running rampant with chaos.

is jenny alright?

I need to go out and look for her

bratatatatatat!!!!

hiiiiiiiii!!!! NO! NO! NO! I WILL DIE IF I GO OUTSIDE

shit, shit, oh fuck

what should I do

what should I do

BANG!! DHUM!!!

!!!

Then suddenly the door to the washroom opened.

KATA! KATA! KATA! KATA!

the sound of rushed footsteps entered the room

student: "PLEASE DON-GHAAA!!!"

thump!

A body fell in front of Hilda's cubical. She didn't dare to look at the fallen body from the tiny space below and climbed onto the toilet seat, quickly pulling her feet to not be seen from below the door.

TIP TAP. TIP TAP.

The sound of slow footsteps became louder and louder with each second.

It was coming near.

she grasped her breath, covering her mouth.

The blood from the fallen body flowed and made its way inside her cubicle.

Hilda's eyes caught the smoothly flowing red as it touched the base of the toilet.

Seeing such deep and foul red for the first time in her life, she almost screamed. But her brain didn't allow this courtesy.

Next, she saw the monster's foot outside her cubical. She didn't want to face the reality, but the foot was facing her direction.

Her breathing became manic, she tried to calm it, but her heart, madly thumping inside, didn't calm down.

Hilda looked down and her terrified face reflected on the crimson blood.

it's over...

p-taff!

A bullet pierced the thin door and entered her head. Never to come out again

as she fell from the toilet seat, Hilda felt the world slow down.

Her entire life flashed in front of her eyes.

Running away from home at 19, leaving her suffocating family behind.

Getting a part-time job and doing tuition for elementary to earn money. Receiving a scholarship for the local college, and earning enough money through tuition to buy a second-hand run-down car.

Her ex-boyfriend whom she betrayed the trust of and within a day went from one closest to her heart to one she didn't recognize anymore

Patching up with her little sister, for whom she felt guilty for leaving behind.

and now the guilt of leaving her behind again.

I didn't go out and look for her.

Maybe she was thinking about me amidst this chaos.

Maybe she's still searching for me while I locked myself away and so easily abandoned her again.

Or maybe she's already...gone...

Pile and pile of uncountable regrets welled up inside her. Hidden regrets that she turned a blind eye to were now forcefully revealing themselves despite her resistance.

Leaving her with no choice but to accept them.

hahhhh...what a pain, can finally be free from this world now.

Time caught up to the present and

BRATATATATATTATATATATA!!!!!!!!!

her body became home to numerous bullets.

Some piercing her back, some residing inside her heart, some puncturing her intestines and some shattering her bones.

A fountain of blood spewed out of her body in a beautiful arc, as her limbs twisted to unknown angels, finally reaching the tainted red ground and thus her dance of death reached its end.

who was the killer?

Why did it start shooting?

Why this, Why that

She didn't know any answer.

I'm sorry jenny...

Was her last thought as she became just a number among many that died today.

***

hilda : "nnngggghhhh...head hurts"

Feeling a sharp pain in her head, Hilda slowly lifted her heavy eyelids. The scene before here appeared blurry, as her eyes started gaining their focus the surroundings started becoming clearer. 

the fuck...?

What entered her senses was an unfamiliar sight. Walls she had never seen before, crude twisted furniture she had only seen in movies and a bed she had never slept on before.

Where was she? was she kidnapped? As her thoughts started running astray she suddenly remembered the lead bullets entering her body, puncturing her muscles and piercing her bones. The sight of warm blood leaving her body....getting mixed with the blood of the other girl...and the pain that reverberated inside her whole body.

The feeling and sensation crept up her body again.

Her body remembered and thus she screamed! Not minding the weird situation, she screamed. Hands wrapped around her head, curling up her shaking body, trying to escape from something not there, she screamed. Eyes overflown with tears, the feeling of nothingness, the sensation of her soul leaving the body. The memories buried deep inside surface to the surface, knowing your end is here, lying helplessly as your life slowly but surely fades away, a situation capable of turning even the sanest into insane. Remembering those moments of dread, she screamed.

BANG!!!!!

Suddenly hearing the loud bang of the door, Hilda's spiral into insanity stopped in its tracks.

Turning her eyes soaked with tears towards the sound, in her blurry sight, the figure of a woman.

unknown woman: "Is this the obnoxiousness that I have to deal it for saving you from the forest"

In her somewhat haughty but deep voice the woman spoke, she spoke slowly and in a manner that left others feeling uncomfortable.

Wearing a long dark purple frill dress with black linings, dark lipstick, and hazel colored eyes that seemed to be glowing, black shoulder-length hair that looked a bit curly and a slightly modest chest accompanied by the not-so curvy body.

a beautiful goth...

being the first word that came up in her mind.

unknown woman: "Girl, what are you staring at. You are in the presence of the great witch Tenebria, to whom you own your life to from now on"

own her life?

why were her eyes glowing?

witch?

suddenly shivers ran through Hilda's body but not of fear but of something she didn't know yet.

She should have been dead, the feeling she clearly remembers, then why was she here? alive.

Rushing out of the bed, she searched for a mirror. Spotting one, she checked herself.

What she saw in the mirror made her mind go blank.

Staring at herself naked was a young girl of age 15, her face showing resemblance to young Hilda's, though there were some anomalies 

Scars and bruise marks covered her swollen face.

Similar bruises could be seen covering the young girls entire body 

Her eyes were crimson red. Shinning and burning brightly with flames of wickedness.

7