Chapter 83 – I Gave It Gone
17 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Unlike last time, orcs other than Nafız wore suits today. Sangre and Bookworm were all black, with only red handkerchiefs in their jacket pockets. The female orc had also chosen red leather armor from her master's wardrobe. Mora was a very tasteful woman, and even her war clothes had eye-catching details.

While even the clothes of these orcs made people dizzy, the real bomb was the orc walking in the front. Dressed in a white shirt in a bright red suit, this person wore a large black bow tie. Carrying a huge bouquet and a box of sweets, the orc was none other than Hammer Tooth.

When the Hammer Tooth handed the flower to Yarmagül, the atmosphere was completely confused. Nafız's group, who sat down as if everything was normal, lined up right next to her.

Neither she nor her students paid attention to Alyon's questioning gaze; the eyes of the young commander saw only one person anyway. Thus began the meal and was completed without much incident.

"Now, let's go to the great hall together. Yarmagül, pour us a glass of wine each!

Everyone, human or orc, froze at Nafiz's words. Female orc, seeing this situation and began to speak again.

'This is the tradition! Run, you have the services tonight!"

Despite being forced to speak twice, there was no trace of anger in Nafız's voice, the words coming out softer than ever. Usually, the two friends sit in close quarters, but this time, the female orc chose a seat opposite Alyon.

During the events, another person was not idle; the Bookworm had the beautiful Eftelya under surveillance. They had a chance to spend a lot of time with each other before the city was besieged, the chief's son trying to impress the young girl with his high intelligence and endless knowledge.

The situation that caught the attention of a few was tomorrow's matter; tonight, everyone was waiting for Nafız to pull the bean out from under his tongue. Sitting in Yarmagül, who was serving the wine, the female orc in red began to speak.

"The name of the young man next to me is Hammer Tooth. He has taken command of the army that besieged our city for a long time!"

Even though the orcs at the meal knew this, it was the first time people would know; their loving looks on their faces suddenly turned to hatred.

"The war is over, and the bad days are over; we are here tonight for a good cause. As you know, his father disowned this child, and he has no elders. As a person he respects, he came and opened his troubles to me!"

While Nafız was speaking, the Bookworm was struggling not to laugh. There was not a single point of reconciliation between what his master did and what she said.

"Now, Yarmagül is our tribe's daughter. I must first consider her well-being!

After these words, all the orcs, except father and daughter, laughed uncontrollably, but a glance from their chief would bring them to their senses.

"I looked at the boy; his bloodline is worthy of us! He took up his job at a young age and is leading an army of fifty thousand people. He's a little stubborn; he's quick to fire up, but what orc isn't like that?

"Nafız, whatever you want to say, say it quickly. This conversation is starting to annoy me!"

While Alyon was writhing in his seat, he couldn't stand it.

"Oh my friend, it is difficult to be a father of a daughter. You're right, then, without further ado, let me get to the point. Everyone saw the young people fighting, they agreed, we don't have to say anything, but you still have the right to be a father."

Nafız, who took a long breath after speaking, detonated the bomb.

"We want your daughter Yarmagül, by the order and grace of the ancestors, to our son Hammer Tooth!"

"What! What did you say?"

Alyon and his daughter said the exact words at the same time, but both had different intonations. While her father was angry, his daughter looked like she was going to explode with joy. The burly orc flinched, not expecting his daughter to react like this. She was interested, but it was a first for her to show it openly in public.

The members of the three noble families of the city of Parthenia could do nothing but watch in amazement; what they saw were exciting things. Even they were aware of the electricity between the two orcs, and in fact, the outcome was evident from the start.

"My dear friend, since the beginning of the war, you have tried so hard not to let anything happen to this boy, and you even asked me not to kill him. I know you; how can I not understand that you chose him as your groom at first sight? Look, your daughter has a heart too, come on, don't resist, and don't be among those who love!"

Eftelya could not help but applaud Nafız's words; love stories for young girls have always been exciting. When her father accompanied Niko so that her daughter would not be alone, the other people did not hold back.

"Nafız, isn't this a bit of a rush?"

Alyon made his move to push things uphill, but his opponent was very experienced in these matters.

"Is it possible? Let's have the wedding together; you'll have grandchildren until the ten solstices. The groom is like a lion!"

Chief Alyon looked at one of his daughters and the Hammer Tooth sitting across from him. He had only one concern for the couple, who was the ideal match. Since these families with two pedigrees were constantly struggling throughout history, no marriage bond was established.

After thinking for a while, he would make up his mind. He was the one who would set the Orc Steppes free and change everyone's lives. What's wrong with starting with his own family first?

"Well, since it has come to this point. I gave it away!"

The applause was louder than before; the two orcs who had fought to the death decided to marry. When the news spread with lightning speed among the orcs, the soldiers of both armies would be amazed.

For the siege army left to die by their chiefs, the decision was now accessible. Under their commander, they would fight for Chief Alyon. There was not the slightest doubt in them when they announced their decision, and they swore to fight to the death.

Nafız voluntarily took on the job of organizing the wedding celebrations. Meals were being cooked in giant cauldrons; alcohol flowed like a river. The soldiers of the two armies were now comrades; how could there not be fighting matches at such a feast?

The new army officers wanted to try themselves, so they wanted orcs of their rank. When each of the poor, who did not know what would happen to them, learned their lessons, they realized how big the difference between them was.

Almost all of Alyon's officers had bounty dungeon equipment. Kuyag used only the durability of his armor. The Brutal Wall's shield, Sangre's flying daggers, would win the audience's admiration, and the stories they heard were true.

Although they had chosen Miloş as their rival on a whim, it was inevitable that they would suffer the blood warrior's fate. As the assassin of the years descended from the stage, they met eyes with Sangre; the matter between the two was getting deeper day by day.

As the married couple was carried on the throne, the crowd of about one hundred and fifty thousand people raged. Celebrations continued at full speed, with the participation of the Parthenia nobles sitting at the head of a great table. The great expense would be like compensation for the damage suffered by the city's people under siege; all this fanfare could be settled with the profit from the mines.

Later in the night, Nafız, who went to the young couple, surprised them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just said, "You're not out of my mind."

I'm tired of explaining otherwise.

Orhan Veli Kanik

 

0