Chapter 17
212 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Id

 

Volume 1

Finding the Gold Dragon 17

If Id did not identify who Irlina was, she would have easily dismissed the proposal that he had made. The aura that a high elf released was definitely different compared to a regular elf. However, if a human could recognize that with just his eyes, it would mean that he was an amazingly high ranked mage. Of course, Id did not seem to have an inkling of such powers, but just because it could not be seen didn't mean that he couldn't be one. He may show his true powers half way through the trip.

Thinking that it wasn't urgent enough to quarrel about in the present situation, Irlina left it at that. She could decide on whether she would join Id on the trip together, after seeing what type of person he was.

As Irlina and Grey's group were thinking on whether to go their separate ways, Id was standing in front of the middle road. This road led to Calvin, which had temples for Ilian and Celinon. However, not long after their departure, the group passed through a full forest and ran into a heap of men who were camping on the knoll.

Id was very happy to meet the heap of men, because they were normal human beings, and likewise for the men, they were also very happy to see the group. They looked as if they were waiting for a long time, and even seemed to have prepared gifts. Swords and axes.

While Id was caught up in his own delusions, the group stopped at the road and did not move. The reason they had stopped in the road was because the heap of men were blocking it.

Illan suddenly jumped out to the front of the group. Having nearly fallen to the ground, Illan quickly turned back and glared at Grey. Although he was trying to feign ignorance, the group could guess as to what may have happened.

 

Deliberately acting composed, Illan politely spoke.

"Why are you guys blocking the road?"

It was quite a courteous tone.

Then, a strong looking man holding a gigantic 2-handed sword, walked out from the center of the crowd. His size was big enough to be able to freely use the 2-handed sword, and his face was filled with thick facial hair.

"Well, seeing as how we are sitting here like this, isn't it obvious? We heard that you had some money after selling a jewel. Just obediently pass it over, and we'll let you go."

Grey and Reindelph began to laugh from the back.

"I see, a bandit, no, you must be a highwayman."

This is what had occurred the day before. Having gotten to the clothing store, Id did not have any currency from this world to pay for the clothes. Instead, he had taken some jewels from Greydrone's cave, so that he could give it to his elder sisters. However, seeing as how valuable a jewel was, he had plenty of money left over even after he had purchased his clothes. Being highly interested in craftsmanship, the dwarf had seen that the jewel was a Red sapphire, and felt that it was a waste for it to be used on the clothes. Being in a small village, the news quickly spread outwards, and even landed within the ears of these highwaymen.

"I don't think that will be possible. Rather, aren't you guys the ones that are at a disadvantage? I am a mage after all."

Illan paraded the fact that he was a mage, hoping that the men would get scared and fall back. Bandits weren't trained to be professionals, so they were very vulnerable to parties that had a mage in them. If they wanted to have a chance, the first thing they would have to do is use a bow to quickly get rid of the mage.

Illan had already checked his enemies to see if they had any bowmen, and thankfully, seeing as how there weren't any, he could tell that the bandits were fairly new. However, forget being scared, the man with the 2-handed sword bursted into laughter.

"Thanks for even being worried for us. However, you don't have to be, since we have something ready as well."

The man proceeded to pull out a rod with a bead embedded into it.

"Th, that's an artifact!"

As Illan recognized what an artifact was, the man with the 2-handed sword laughed again.

"It seems like you know what this is. I happened to come across this as I was robbing someone, but thanks to him, I don't have to fear parties with mages anymore. I found out that this thing had a dispel magic in it."

Id finally realized that he could not be happy meeting these humans. Illan's face had stiffened, and the faces from the others in the group were serious. It seemed like they were about to get into a big fight, but the group was outnumbered by a few fold, making Id feel worried. He finally realized that there were all kinds of human beings in this world as well.

"Everyone be careful! Seeing the flow of mana around that thing, it's real. With that thing, everything around it is being dispelled. Though it won't be continuous, it can get really dangerous if we were to fight them within that time span."

Chapter 17 Completed.

0