Volume 3 Chapter 11
359 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 11

As Haneul was about to make his move again, he felt a similar aura being disseminated behind him, as the Giant in front of him.

As Haneul was spellbound by that aura, he bounced back and broke the flow of his attack in one tempo.

He glanced at the location where he could feel the aura. There was a monster there that looked to be similar to the Giant that he was currently facing.

However, itsappearance was slightly different.

It had its back towards Haneul, and it was scrunched up looking for something. Haneul wasn’t able to see this monster before because it was being blocked out by a building.

‘What is it doing?’

As Haneul was thinking that, his face distorted severely.

The Giant that Haneul was facing earlier knew Haneul had his attention elsewhere, and decided it was the perfect time to attack.

It quickly raised its fist, and struck down intensely.

“KUWWUHHHH!!”

BANG!!

The ground shook, then suddenly…

BA BANGG!!

The Giant’s body shook as it dropped down onto its knees. There was red blood flowing out from its slightly opened lip.

“KU WUH WUK…….”

The Giant’s neck was now rammed into the ground.

In the middle of its body, a sizzling heat could be seen.

Sizzle.

A combustive reaction was flowing out from the white magic.

Haneul roughly tossed the Giant’s body to the side to look at its appearance.

The monster’s appearance was smeared with blood, when suddenly, the blood vaporized and disappeared. Haneul’s whole body was heating up, and nothing could be seen in his eyes except extreme anger.

Crack.

 

It was the shelter.

There was no doubt about it that the hidden Giant that was currently looking for something, was right in front of the shelter.

BANG!

Haneul kicked hard onto the ground and shot up into the air.

*     *     *     *

“Gasp gasp.”

Ironman was spitting as he tried to breathe. His heart was beating so hard that it felt like it was going to burst, and although he was already having a tough time breathing, he did not give up.

“GRAAAHHHHHH!!”

SMASH!

Another Hound was destroyed.

It was pointless to count how many Hounds were killed by Ironman. He was just desperately fighting. All of his veins were protruding out, as he was completely depleted of magic.

“Ironman…”

Even the civilians couldn’t bring themselves to cheer.

Anyone could clearly see that Ironman was way past his limit. He did everything he could in order to kill off the herd of Hounds, and because of that, was covered with blood.

He was in no condition to fight, yet he was still standing and blocking the path towards the civilians.

“Goooooo……”

A giant was pushing away some of the wreckage with its big hands.

Ironman was able to successfully block off the wave of Hounds, but this was the end. If the Giant was to attack earnestly, there was no way for them to survive it.

The civilians were shaking in fear.

In the end, the heroes were unable to save them, even though they fought their hardest from the beginning to the end.

At that time, one of the civilians overcame their fear, walked towards Ironman, and placed their hand onto his shoulder.

Ironman turned around as he flinched.

A middle aged man was looking at him and smiling, nodding away as if to say “You’ve fought well, Thanks…..”

Although they were still scared, the people behind the middle aged man made the same face expressions while looking at Ironman.

With a blank expression, Ironman stared at the people and clenched his teeth. He was on the verge of crying and could feel the tears welling up.

“I’m, I’m sorr……sorry……..I’m not a strong hero……”

Ironman tried his best to keep himself from crying, but in the end, tears dropped like waterfalls down his eyes. He turned back around and looked forward.

“I, I will still not give up. Heroes do not give up. I will become your hope until the very last moment.”

Ironman refined his breathing.

He had the feeling that, if it was now, he could do anything.

Running forth frantically, he jumped over the shelter’s wreckage, heading towards the Giant that was tilting his head behind an iron frame.

With this opportunity, Ironman’s goal was to hit the Giant in the back of the neck, because that was its weakness. If done correctly, he would have time to rush out to the open where the other heroes might be located.

There was a loud noise that he heard earlier, so he believed there to be a hero fighting nearby.

If he was able to gain even a little bit of time while stalling the Giant, it was considered a miracle since he’s only a Rank D hero.

“That’s right, let’s just do what I can do.”

Chapter 11 – End.

2