Chapter 14: The Mage and the Witch
800 4 55
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Hey all, I'd like to give a quick update here, this is the third to last chapter, so this book will wrap up next week. (With an epilogue the same day.)

Also this chapter is a bit on the shorter side, but I hope you'll all enjoy it.

As always, be sure to follow me or jump on my Discord if you wanna keep nice and updated.

Discord: https://discord.com/invite/EnsjDF74vC

“We’re here sir,” a fox man chuckled as he slowed the car into the parking lot. Gunther looked up from his phone at his underling.

“Good. Is there any word on whether she’s here or not, Lou?” he asked stowing his phone in his pocket.

“Not yet sir. Lee is said he smelled her though,” Lou explained. “Uh, boss?”

“What is it, Luciano?” he responded with an annoyed tone.

“It’s just… are you still mad?”

“Just do your damn job,” he grumbled. He was still quite angry at Lou in particular, borderline livid. When Lou engaged that yellow themed magical girl on his own, he became so engrossed in a battle of speed to the point that he failed to help his allies. Gunther wasn’t pleased with any of them after losing the mermaid, but the fact that Lou was so negligent only frustrated him further. And as if to further annoy him, the fox kept pleading and trying to smooth things over in ways like this. Gunther could see through his ploys to gain favor, and his antics earned him driving duties, much to the fox’s dismay.

Lou sighed when his phone buzzed. “It’s me,” he answered it. “Mhm. Yeah? Got it. Boss,” he said waving to him from the front seat. Lee found the bitch near the food court.”

“He’s sure it’s her?”

“Yeah, he said she’s got the same scent. She’s not in her dark cloak thing though this time,” Gunther grunted in confirmation. “What do you want me to do?”

Gunther twitched. “I want you to take us back.”

“Wait really?”

“NO! Get us to the damn food court!” Lou nodded anxiously. “Useless fox!” he facepalmed.

It was rather convenient that there was a small area designed for drop off immediately beside the food court. Convenient to get there quickly and corner their target. As they pulled up to the area, Gunther noticed it was in somewhat poorer shape than he remembered. Apparently, it had been the sight of a fight the night of that magical mist, leaving chunks of the nearby stairs missing. He almost felt bad that he was about to damage it further… almost.

“What now?” Lou asked as they slowed to a stop.

“Tell him to make contact and direct her here,” he instructed as he removed his seat belt. “It’s time we put an end to this.”

“You sure it’s a good idea to do it here?”

“Heh,” Gunther chuckled. “Who’s gonna stop us?” He looked out the window to see a large tiger man open a door, a woman exiting beside him. Her long waving lavender hair bobbed in a ponytail trailing behind her. She wore a dark purple blouse which seemed to glow from her radiant hair. Her simple black skirt opened in the front revealing her beauteous long legs, emboldened by the short skirt which trailed somewhat behind her. She looked forward with an anxious yet confident glare, her dark brown eyes seeming to be on the verge of igniting into flames. He quietly bemoaned that beauty was wasted on such a woman.

“That’s her boss.”

“Excellent,” he said as got out of the car. “Greetings,” he gave a suave smile. Her face tightened with vitriol. “My name is...”

“Gunther,” she cut him off. “You’re that bastard who’s been attacking all those people lately,” she bit her lip with anger and gripped her hand right hand from revulsion. “How many people have you hurt?”

“That’s rich coming from you,” he chuckled. “Or are you telling me that all of those rumors of you hunting men are wrong?”

Her eyes flashed with anger, as her left hand swiftly rose, a bolt of purple lightning arcing toward him, which. His magical shield managed to prevent any real harm, but the message was clear. This woman truly was dangerous, the shockwave sending the objects around him flying.

“I have neither sympathy nor regrets for harm brought to monsters like you,” she hissed, her brown eyes blazing with anger. “I’ve seen the proof. You captured a young woman for your own amusement, and she was only the first. And then you had your goons attack people in their homes to compensate for your failure. You and the rest like you deserve nothing but the pulsing pain I’m about to give you.”

Gunther laughed. “So, it’s true? Well, guess it’s up to me to clean up the trash. Goodbye, bitch,” Gunther sneered.

“That’s witch!” she yelled in anger.

“What was that?” Gunther mockingly cupped his hand to his ear.

“I’m so going to enjoy wiping that gross smirk of your ugly face!”

* * *

“Come on,” Carmen whispered as she waved Vivi into the women’s bathroom. “It’s all clear.”

“It feels kind of weird being in here,” Vivi admitted as she fidgeted in place.

“Yeah, but it’d be even weirder if you run into any guys in the other side and walk out all girly and stuff. And I bet it would feel awkward for you regardless,” Carmen shrugged.

“Plus, you belong in here,” Ichika chuckled as Vivi’s blush intensified.

“Girls, focus,” Annie sighed, prompting Vivi to giggle. Being acknowledged like that sent shivers down her spine.

“What are we going to do about our stuff?” Melody asked.

“I brought my backpack for such an occasion,” Carmen winked. “Everyone can stuff their stuff in here, and one of us can rush it to the car,” she winked.

“We’re parked not too far from here,” Melody explained.

“Carmen, you’re the fastest,” Annie noted as the others put their phones in, Vivi carefully putting her clothes into the backpack, or at least attempting.

“Carm, you’ve still got all your school stuff in here,” she pouted.

“Oops,” she scratched her head. “Er, well, I can still...” she began.

“Oh, never mind,” Vivi sighed, opening up her hoodie and hugging the pair of bags to her chest before zipping it closed.

“Vivi, what are you...?”

She clicked her locket open. The pink energy flowed out once more, wrapping around her like a gentle caressing breeze. Her clothes, and everything within dissipated into a glowing pink mist. Her frilly white dress formed around her, her skirt poofing out before settling, pink leggings forming underneath, as her hands were clad in long white gloves. Her body shrank as the bodice tightened, her body becoming small and feminine. The shoulders poofed out, soft pink ribbons forming on them and another sprouting on her back. Her face softened as she felt a soft push from her chest, causing her head to roll elegantly as her hair flowed behind her, brightening to a vivid magenta. She opened her eyes, revealing her soft blue eyes, landing upon her white heels with an equally soft smile.

“You sure look happier now,” Ichika giggled.

“You should’ve seen her when she woke up the first time,” Annie chuckled.

“I’m still not sure what was cuter, her glee or your confused face,” Melody teased.

Carmen held her head. “She’s still hopeless though.”

“What’s that mean!?” Vivi pouted.

“Dork. Just because you couldn’t fit your clothes in my bag didn’t mean I couldn’t carry them to the car!”

“...oh.”

“Aw, well, clever thinking otherwise,” Carmen laughed. “Now, let’s get this show on the road!” she declared as the other four all opened their lockets their costumes forming in flood of multi-colored lights.

“Well, then, we’re all ready?” Vivi winked.

“Yeah!” the others responded each giving a small pose to show their eagerness.

* * *

“Halt villain!” Carmen declared as she erupted from the doors of the food court. “It’s time to face the lightning of justice!” She confidently threw her arm forward to point at Gunther as he fought the unknown woman, pouting as she began to realize her words had gone on deaf ears.

“She’s been waiting to use that line, hasn’t she?” Ichika asked as she and the others assembled outside.

“Probably,” Vivi gave a hesitant chuckle. “All for nothing I guess,” she scratched at her cheek.

“Is it another anime thing?” Annie asked Vivi.

“I think it’s just a superhero thing, hun,” Melody chuckled.

“Well screw him too! I’m...” Carmen prepared an attack.

“Carmen,” Ichika said, pointing to her backpack.

“Oh… uh,” she blushed. “I’ll be right back!” she gave an embarrassed chuckle before running off.

“Geez,” Annie scratched her head. She looked to the courtyard across the street with a sigh. The courtyard had been a little beaten up before, but now it looked like it an abandoned and dilapidated storefront, the buildings featuring new holes and scorch marks. A sweltering heat tackled them as one of Gunther’s fireballs exploded, making her cringe.

Gunther and his henchmen scrambled, attempting to pin the woman. She was outnumbered, four to one. Alongside Gunther were two of his men from his operation to save Melody, the tiger and fox men. Alongside them was another much shorter man, a small meek looking goblin.

“Lou, cut her off! Lee put on the pressure! And Walter…,” he looked at the goblin, “you know what to do.”

The three grinned as they continued their assault. Lee, the tiger man threw himself at the woman, swiping his claws and charging at her. She swiftly dashed out of the way, only to be met by Lou’s fox tail, attempting to throw her to the ground. She grinned as she grabbed hold of the tail and using it to pivot herself over the fox man, causing him to cringe in pain from an electric shock erupting from her palm. They had already tried this once before against her now, and it was effective, but she was wise to the trick now, slipping past him and running to an intersection in the courtyard. She chuckled as she considered her increasing number of options.

“Walter, now,” Gunther ordered coldly. The goblin’s green face grinned as he held his hand as if to control a puppet. The woman winced as the grass around her erupted around her and grabbed hold of her arms.

“Damn you,” she coughed. “What do you even want from me!?”

“Well for one, you keep attacking pawns I could’ve used. Second, you’re a nuisance to my greater plan,” he chuckled.

“And what greater plan would that be?” the woman glared.

“Well Miss Bitch,” his underlings chuckled, leaving her to make a pained groan. “We live in a new era. And it is up to those of us who have been blessed with such great power, as I have been, to take control.”

“I have a name jackass. My name is Cleo!” she snapped. “And what? You think a loser like yourself is going to rule the world? Don’t make me laugh.”

“Rule the world? Oh, my no,” he grinned wider. “I don’t crave world domination. A city on the other hand, now that would make quite a nice kingdom. And as any good king would do, I need to remove the trash, to make sure it can prosper,” he said as he began to grow a fireball in his hand. It grew larger and larger, a flash of desperation glowing in Cleo’s eyes. “I think it’s time to say goodbye now. Farewell Miss Bi-,”

The air erupted into a hissing steam as a sudden downpour of water crashed down upon Gunther, much to the shock of the others. He rose back to his feet cursing this nonsense. “Who dares to have the audacity to humiliate the Great...” he turned to face his adversary, his eyes growing wide from shock.

“Did you miss me Gunther?” Melody gave a cold glare. “I see you’re still harassing women, you hideous creep.”

Gunther began to open his mouth to retort before dodging a blazing ball of flame. “You’re going to pay for what you did to my girlfriend!” Annie snapped.

“You aren’t going to hurt anyone else!” Ichika declared. Vivi nodding in turn.

“You again!?” Gunther snarled. “I should’ve figured you were working with this trash,” he spat, confusing the others. “This time, I’ll just have to make sure to take care of you personally.”

* * *

“Nice and easy,” Carmen skipped down the parking lot. “Now that everything’s in the car, I should hurry up and...” she stopped as she looked up to see a plume of steam. “Oh, no fair! They’re already fighting!” she pouted. “Well, no matter, guess I’ll just have to be the late arriving hero and kick that Gunther guy’s ass.”

“Heh, you think you can beat the boss pipsqueak?” a deep grumbling voice chortled behind her.

She turned to face it, her eyes growing wide as she beheld the immense man before her. He had to be no shorter than 8 feet, nearly doubling her in size as his body swelled with muscles. His immensity was on par with the minotaur they encountered on the first night, only without the traits of a bull, and with two sharp fangs jutting from his lower jaw. “A troll!?” she gawked.

“I ain’t some internet pushover,” he twitched in frustration, Carmen returning his frustration with an indifferent shrug. “I’m an ogre,” he crossed his arms trying to present his dominant strength.

Carmen blinked and grinned. “Well, if you say so,” she crossed her arms and turned her back to the beast of a man much to his chagrin. “But you do sound kinda defensive, don’t ya think?” she gave him a sassy look.

“Punk ass kid!” he snorted in frustration. “I’ll teach you a thing or three!” he said curling his fist. He brought it up then threw it down, a hammer of force hurtling at Carmen. The asphalt gave way to a crater beneath his heavy force, releasing another more satisfied snort as he rose back up. “Now do ya get it kid?”

“Yeah, if I weren’t fast, I’d be a pancake,” Carmen laughed as she stood beside the ogre. He twitched his eye again. “You’re slow,” she said with a wink and a wag of her finger.

“Let’s see how fast you are when you’re under my foot!” he roared as he lifted his foot up and smashed the ground where she was.

“Like I said, you’re SLOW!” she declared appearing from behind him, throwing a burst of electricity at him. “Lightning Burst!” she declared before landing confidently on the ground and turning to give a victory pose. Instead, she could only blink as she saw the ogre stand before her unharmed. “W-what?”

“Heh, must be this thick skin I got. Your little sparks are nothing to me,” the ogre unleashed a boisterous laugh.

“Oh yeah? Try this on for size! Sparking Strike!” She proclaimed as she launched herself into the air and turned herself to send an electrified punch into his face. Unfortunately, she became the shocked one as she watched on at him barely even react.

The ogre grinned as he swatted her to the ground. Carmen coughed, curling herself in pain. Even with her armored suit and her magic, she was still in immense pain as she landed and skidded into the nearby curb. Her vision becoming blurry as the ogre approached her.

55