A Day in Kiras life.
91 11 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

During the last 3 weeks could Kira had sworn she was being stalked, it was slightly unnerving but she had the feeling that someone was watching everything she was doing.

Kira's days hadn't changed much, since the whole pandemic hit, it was a genuine sad sight but at this point she just accepted that people's behaviour was unrecognisable, taking a single step back could most of the kids at her work likely have predicted the events by playing the 10 guesses game with minimal information provided, then again she worked at a library so the kids there were already in the unique position of actually having the patience to read.

Sadly by today's standard have reading or even thinking become something people rather avoid, nobody has time for that when we can run out drink ourselves 5 feet under the floor and watch paradise Hotel, having a blast seeing people act for the camera like they have even less active brain cells than the rest of the population.

sighing deeply while looking out of the library window could she only hope that maybe one day would more people be willing to ask just a few more questions for themselves instead of following the herd, her vaccine shot was luckily procured early on especially as she is interacting with kids on a daily basis, the kids, however, wasn't who she worried about the library had 3 gangs of kids or well young teens to be accurate.

The dungeons and dragons with varied board games club, who came here because nearly nobody else in social society accepted them anymore so the library functioned as their 4 walls and room of freedom to not get ostracised for their hobbies.

the kids there because they needed a place to get help with homework, as their parents either weren't there to help them or was unable to do so

either due to lack of care for the child or strained work schedule, even the few where the kids were afraid to bring homework assignments to their parents because anything below A+ would get them verbally ripped apart and the mere idea of needing to ask for something they didn't know horrified them so they found the library environment safer, and finally the kids who seek either knowledge or refugee.

Kira couldn't really fault them, as thinking back to her own childhood can the library for a lot of people function as a safe haven, the hours she spent watching anime on with the cheap library headphones on their public pcs or getting lost in the next world of fantasy and dreams.

Days spent in the library wasn't bad she made a decent income, enough to afford her rent, feed herself and her cat, and gave her a bit of daily interaction.

Society really saw Kira as an introvert, but it wasn't really the case in truth was she quite the social butterfly in nature, the only problem is that her view of the world rarely aligned with everyone else so whenever she would bring up subjects or points would most people around her start to generate animosity, people's ego and pride are quite fragile even if the subject technology has nothing to do with the person in question.

The library kids, however, was her outlet it was small unmarred nuggets for the most part not yet completely corrupted by society, still sadly many too immature to truly understand the world around them but she did her best to be around as a sort of mentor figure for them.

Did I forget the adults you ask, not really it was a small local library, and the adults often just ordered books drove by and vanished back into the ether, a few older gentlemen however did enjoy sitting at the entrance hall of the library with the magazines enjoying a cop of coffee or tea with the daily newspaper.

It was a thing kira came up with and the locals loved it, they would often bring the newspaper and etc with them to the library bought at a local kiosk, and enjoy each others company during the morning and then leave their magazines behind for others to enjoy, this meant it didn't the library funds if they got damaged by liquid and it gave the residents a few newspapers to choose between and the kids a few comics to enjoy as well, it has been rather dead since the pandemic started though.

The elderly were in the more vulnerable class so most had been advised to stay at home until they child get their vaccines.

Kira stared at the empty table for a bit shrugged and moved on, it was closing time and she was preparing to send the last kid home, the glint of uncomfortableness and unwillingness in some of the last remaining kids' eyes cut a piece into her heart but unfortunately was there nothing she could do, they weren't abused in the eyes of the law but it was no secret their home environment was strained, she had on a few occasions given the parents a mouthful at the risk of her job but it was worth it.

She felt a pang of anger at how unfair it all was, but not wanting Jack to see her angry she quickly calmed herself and threw him a smile as he packed up and left.

Locking the door scanning the last books into the system and putting them on the shelves was her day officially over and she could get home.

The final fantasy fan festival was still ongoing and she has promised a few of her online guild members to join them in farming the hairstyles before the event ended, not like they couldn't do it without her but she mostly enjoyed the company, gaming was simple charged topics rarely came up and the focus was on the game giving some leeway to relax.

as she walked through the exit door of the library after having enabled the alarms she heard a cough behind her, two absolutely stunningly beautiful people were coming up to her, were they models she wondered.

The female was currently giving Kira a look over and it was rather unnerving as Kira couldn't help but feel judged, it wasn't her fault she wasn't blessed with the looks of a superstar.

"You're Kira the Librarian and the only one who has been in this building beside the kid who just left for the past 40 minutes is that correct?"

The Superstar lady said to her.

Frowning a bit as it was a rather odd way of starting an interaction.

"Indeed, but why would it be your business that I let the kid stay for as long as he can, the library is open in the opening hours and even if there is only a single person there does he have just as much right to be there as any other tax paying citizen"

The lady gave Kira a rather odd look until it seemed like she realized what she had just said and was given a polite bow.

"I'm deeply sorry miss, I was just looking for someone and it seems that she wasn't here, I was simply questioning if had happened to miss her by arriving late, my question was simply to affirm if she was here, to begin with"

Sighing Kira put a more relaxed smile on her face, she was still strung up after having once again having to send jack straight back home into his ~She Beast, of a pretense of a mom.

giving the weird superstar a polite smile.

"Sorry whoever you're looking for has likely not been around today, not many are around since everything is currently a bit less active due to the virus going around, most of the other kids went home hours ago only the last boy you saw stuck around until closing time"

Turning around to the extremely hot dude she spoke what seemed a very foreign language Kira had never heard before, experiencing a sharp pain Kira bent over while hearing the foreign girl say.

"I really don't think she can help finding"

re-experiencing the sharp pain the lady's words once again turned into gibberish.

Speaking out loud

"Sorry my headache stung a bit so I didn't hear the entire thing, but depending on what it is you desire to find I might be able to help if you stop by tomorrow"

Both the Forginers immediately turned towards her

with the girl speaking up.

"Did you just understand what I said?"

Kira didn't really know how to answer,

"if you mean the language you, but seeing you swapped mid-sentence I assume it was meant for me, but the full sentence got cut out due to a bit of headache I was dealing with, my sincerest apologies but it has been a long day"

Both the foreign people were looking at Kira like she had just become a lab specimen and it was getting quite uncomfortable.

The guy now spoke to her directly for the first time.

"You seem interesting, I think we will take you up on your offer to find what we are looking for tomorrow, we will do as you instructed and stop by the Library"

Giving a polite wave Kira said goodbye to the foreigners and went home, the pain had been very sudden and extremely all-consuming, deciding to just relax for the evening, she fed Mischief and booted up her laptop, she was a bit depressed to find that nobody was really online so she simply ended up putting on a movie while she mindlessly ran in circles in her video game farming the event pieces.

however she felt uneasy, it was almost like she was being watched.

4