The game!
243 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sakura behaviour was again normal on Monday so Ichinose didn't asked what happened earlier.

They were both busy after the weekend as they both had to go to their respective clubs for more than usual hours as the competition was approaching.

Ichinose was preparing for the match and Sakura was in cheerleading group so she was naturally practicing for the match.

They met at lunch and sometime go school together but since their clubs ended at different timing , they rarely went home together.

Day passed like that and the day of competition came.

Inter school competition is played among the top 2 schools.

These two schools were always dominating at the top whether  it come to sports or academic.

The competition was held on Sunday at Reach high ground as it was one of the best ground in the whole city.

The other school was Shirakawa high who won the last competition.

Many parents and guardians came as it was on weekend.

Ichinose's father had some health issues so Ichinose clearly told him not to come. So her sister was there only from his family.

Sakura was also prepared in her miniskirt cheerleading dress with a side pony tail and pom pom in hands .

Ichinose hasn't seen her in her cheerleading dress.

Match started  at 1 p.m , with Shirakawa on pitching side.

Reach High's hitters were also quite talented so loud cheers from crowd could be heard very often.

Ichinose was also cheering from benches. 

In the first half Reach high scored a total of 7 runs.

It is considered good well  compared to last year it was quite well but the threat was that Shirakawa's are well known for their batters and specially the ace of the team Takanashi.

He also got invitation from professional teams so he was quite famous in both schools.

First half ended at 2 .30 p.m

Coach of Reach high praised the hitters and discuss the pitching strategy.

Yuuta was on lead pitch side with Ichinose followed by.

In Yuuta pitching one batsman was caught out and three bases were already clear.

When the three bases were cleared player and supporter were cheering like hell as one more hit and they will score a run.

Then Ichinose took the ball and got ready for pitching as he had a serious look.

Cheerleading group started cheering when Ichinose came and Sakura was on full bloom on seeing Ichinose.

It was tough job to not let the batter hit the ball but against everyone expectation:

Strike 1 .

Strike 2

Strike 3 ..batsman out.

In an instant the new batter was sent back to dug out.

There was huge uproar from the crowd . They all were surprised to see the the wind like throw of Ichinose.

Yuuta was completely dejected to see that.

Then came the ace batter Takanashi.

He hit 3 home runs at  different pitchers which includes Ichinose also.

Reach high was nervous and Shirakawa high as well .

Because Takanashi was the last batter from their side .

Many batter were caught or striked out by Ichinose and Yuuta.

At 3.30 :

Shirakawa high score was 6 run and three bases were already cleared. Takanashi was holding the bat and Ichinose was tightly grasping the ball nervously.

The stress is on both side . One home run or even one hit and the game will be in Shirakawa's hand.

Everyone was on their edge . 

Ichinose tilted his hat . Inhaled deeply and looked at Takanashi with  seriousness which Sakura had never saw.

At that time  he was  thinking about nothing , no crowd , no cheering . He not  even thinking about being cool in front of Sakura. He was just focused on this last pitch.

As Ichinose lifted his front leg and threw ball it went perfectly and it was his perfect pitch of the day.

Takanashi didn't expected this speed and hit the ball with off balance and the ball coming in a straight bath toward Ichinose but quite higher than him.

Ichinose jumped and raised his hand on reflexsis and fall on the ground after being in mid air for couple of second.

When he fell the whole crowd was silent and still don't know what happened but when Ichinose stood up with the ball in his glove . Takanashi dropped his bat and jaw on the same time.

It was the loudest cheer of the day. Every player  from Reach high ran toward Ichinose as he just snatched victory from opponents hands  .

AUTHOR: congrats boiiiss...

4