Let’s face him!
271 4 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ichinose assured Sakura confidently but actually he was also a bit tensed about this sudden situation . It's not like he was going to hide his relation from anyone even from his parents but Sakura remark on her father's protective nature is more complicating the situation.

He was restless whole night , thinking what will he wear and how will he greet him. He decided to ask Kanae in the morning for what he should bring as a gift for his father.

Next morning he immediately woke up at 5 a.m

Even in tension he didn't neglected his physics training as he started to feel his body getting in a perfect texture lately after he started baseball again.

He came back home and to get help of Kanae he prepared her favourite pancake for breakfast.

-Kanae-" Morning oniii*yawn* what's this sweet smell ...waahhh pancake yoohoo."

She became overjoyed just by seeing pancake. She rushed toward the washroom to freshen up and dashed back to dining infront of a pile of pancakes.

-Ichinose- "Eat slowly Kanae. It's all for you."

-Kanae- "Thawk yu..itz tawty..."

Her mouth was filled with pancake while she was spekaing.

After she ate 6 pancakes , he finally asked her:

-Ichinose- "Kanae actually today I am going to meet Sakura's dad so I was wondering what should I give him as a gift.."

-Kanae-" Wait ...waittt ... isn't it too fast pacing...you already going to ask her for marriage?"

-Ichinose- "No you idiot! I am just going to greet him."

-Kanae- "Then why gifts?"

-Ichinose-" You know since I am going to meet him first time so..

-Kanae-" You are not a working adult. You are just a student who is going to only greet his girlfriend' s father. So don't be formal and act as your age."

Ichinose also realised that and felt what stupid thing he was doing in  heat of stress.

-Ichinose- "You are right, I was overreacting . I think I should just go with flow and see what happens."

-Kanae-" That's like my onii chan."

He ate his breakfast , took a shower and texted Sakura at 10 a.m

-Ichinose: I will come at 11 a.m

Sakura POV:

*TING*

-Ichinose: I will come at 11. a.m

-Sakura-: okay see you then.

Sakura was tensed since last night. Since morning Nakamo was silent like he was preparing for war. He woke up early and started doing household chores which he occasionally do when he is in bad mood. Miyuki and Naoki also was stressing out on his attitude.

As his message came, Nakamo also got alert.

-Nakamo- "When that brat will come."?

-Sakura-" He said he will come at 11 a.m. umm dad..

-Nakamo"- What ?"

-Sakura- "He is really a good person and he cares for me . Please don't be harsh on him."

Sakura said with a pleading voice. Nakamo heart melted on his daughters cute request but he was reluctant on his decision.

-Nakamo-" Whether he is good or not  that depends on my observation. And don't feel stress Sakura I am not a devil who will sway a man who can keep my daughter happy. If he is really caring about you then I will be the most happiest ."

He patted Sakura to give her some peace of mind.

Sakura also felt some relief but as more time passed her heart beat rised more and more.

Ichinose POV:

He wore plain white shirt with casual blue blazer and a pair of dark blue chinos . It was really looking good on him and the attire was perfect for date.

He brushed his hair , checked himself in full view and left his house at 10.40.

It takes 15 minutes to reach Sakura house. He bought a small teddy key ring for Sakura on the way .

'I can't buy gift for father , but for  my girlfriend I don't have to think.'

He arrived  outside the house at 10.55 and still waited for 5 minutes .

His nervousness didn't appeared on his face and at exactly 11.a.m

*Ding*Dong*

Everyone else in the house fell silent as today' s attention arrived.

Naoki opened the door with a smile.

-Naoki- Hey Ichinose . you are looking  so well today,  come in." .

-Ichinose-"Thanks for compliment".

He stepped inside and saw Sakura and Miyuki standing in the hallway. Sakura stepped forward with a awkward smile.

She came closer to Ichinose and said in a low tone:

-Sakura- "Hi Ichinose."

-Ichinose-" hey Sakura why are you speaking so low."

-Sakura-" I am nervous you know."

-Ichinose- "Why are you nervous. It's me who should be nervous. So cheer up we are just going to talk okay. By the way where is Masahare san?

-Miyuki- "fufu you are looking quite handsome today Ichi kun. But Sakura you haven't dressed for you date until now."

-Sakura-" Mom I don't think we can go tod..

-Ichinose"- Who told you . Just wait I will convince my father in law in an hour then we will go on  our date."

He said in a flow and Naoki led him to the living room where her father was.

-Naoki-" Good luck Ichinose. He told us not to interfere so it's upto you ."

-Ichinose-" Thanks Naoki san."

As he went inside Miyuki and Naoki started giggling and chatting and included Sakura also to cheer her up.

-Naoki- "Hey mom..did you heard he said dad 'my father in law.'..hehe

-Miyuki-" I wish he can call me mom also...

-Naoki-" Sakura you should change your clothes for the date . You know, he was quite confident that he can convince dad, so you should also believe in him."

-Sakura-" But isn't it too quiet . I wonder what they are talking."

They also felt that the living room was quite silent.

-Miyuki- "We should check otherwise...

At her words Sakura rushed toward living room worriedly and rest of two also followed her.

When they saw the scene of living room their jaw dropped.

They were expecting a heated chat where Ichinose answering Nakamo while gazing the ground in nervousness.

But what they saw was total opposite.

Ichinose and Nakamo were laughing and talking on the couch in a lively way.

When Ichinose saw the three statue on the entrance he said:

-Ichinose- "Hey Sakura why are you standing there."

-Nakamo-" yeah you guys also join us."

They stiffened sat on the couch .

-Miyuki- "Anata~ do you know Ichinose kun already?"

-Nakamo- "Yeah . Remember I told about a brave young man yesterday. "

Sakura face brightened in an instant.

-Sakura- "Ichinose you helped my dad yesterday .?"

-Ichinose-" Yeah I was returning from my part time job when I saw him."

-Nakamo"-Ichinose kun you do part time job also. Is there financial  problem in your family or something?"

-Ichinose-" No sir, my family is quite well going. It's just I want to get self dependent slowly and steadily so I asked my parents permissions to work on weekend."

-Nakamo-" I am impressed with your sense of responsibility."

After pausing for a second Nakamo face grew somewhat serious and everyone else also got curious what he will say next.

-Nakamo- "I am giving my permission to date my daughter Ichinose kun. But please be loyal to her and sincere in your relationship."

-Ichinose-  I will sir, I promise to never let Sakura feel upset and I will protect her smile. Please count on me."

-Nakamo- "Alright then, Sakura you are going on date no? So you should change I guess."

-Sakura- "Ye-yeah please wait Ichinose I will be back in 15 minutes."

-Ichinose- "Take your time."

Sakura dashed toward her room in a very pleasant mood. She never expected a sudden development so she didn't decided beforehand what to wear . Finally she decided to wear blue one piece knee length skirt to match Ichinose.

'I am happy that I can go on a date with Ichinose finally.'

7