Chapter 4
796 8 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lilliana's Perspective

 

I am Lilliana Leron Lucera, the eldest daughter of Duke Lucera. On my way to the capital, I was ambushed and taken captive by a bandits crew led by a wanted former noble called Bhatos.

What made things worse was that Estiel Ralot, the next head of the Ralot family, was involved in this.

They attacked a village in the direction of their meet-up point with their boss and wanted to take the villagers to sell as slaves.

But after taking capturing everyone, a mysterious young man interrupted. At first, I thought he was a wannabe hero, but he managed to take down Geryon with ease.

I was surprised when Estiel used their family treasure, the Mithril Golem, which was rumoured to be around A rank. But the Mithril Golem suddenly came crashing down and disappeared!

In his fight against Estiel, someone who had received training in the Knight Academy, the mysterious man appeared behind him and knocked him out. The duel was instantly over.

When we were all freed, I told the villagers my identity and showed my family crest. They were shocked at first and ran to fletch their village chief.

They bought me water to clean myself and clean clothes despite the current situation of their village, so I promised them that I would help them rebuild this village.

I cleaned myself off and put on the clothes. I was then led to a room where I saw a young man with black hair, the hero who saved everyone from the bandits.

♦  ♦  ♦

Masato's perspective

 

In front of me was a middle-aged man who wore armour similar to a medieval knight. His face was rough, but he looked like someone who you can depend on.

"Let me introduce myself. My name is Rolph, and I'm currently the head knight of The Lucera Family." Rolph stood up and extended his hand for a handshake.

"Very nice to meet you. My name is Masato." I replied.

We sat down and started talking. Rolph told me about how they were ambushed on their way to the capital. Most of the guards were dead, and there was just the daughter of the duke, Rolph and one rider who managed to escape.

I learnt that the bandit's leader, Bhatos, was once a noble and was the head of a criminal organization that terrorized the citizens in his territory. But now, he was just a lowly bandit. Geryon himself also was quite famous. He was wanted for many different crimes, so there would be a hefty reward.

Furthermore, he told me that Estiel was from a viscount family and that it was good that I didn't kill him since they now have someone to interrogate.

After a while, there was a knock on the door...

"Excuse me."

The door opened, and a girl with blonde hair walked in. She had this air of proper nobility, unlike Estiel, who is probably locked up in a cage.

Rolph immediately stood up, and I involuntarily did so as well. My eyes met with her bright blue eyes, and I couldn't help but notice how attractive she was.

"Hello, my name is Lilliana Leron Lucera, the eldest daughter of Duke Lucera," she bows before sitting down.

I recollected that I had no experience talking to a girl, let alone the daughter of a duke, so I tried my best not to sound awkward.

"It-it is v-very nice t-to m-meet you l-lady L-Liliana. I am M-Masato."

"Fufu, please don't be nervous and feel free to call me Lilliana."

"V-very well."

"Village Chief, thank you very much for your help so far. I will make sure that this village will receive support once I return to the capital."

"Thank you, lady Lilliana."

"No worries. And Masato, who are you? You have the power to take down an A-class Mithril Golem, and yet I've never heard of you?"

Of course, it would seem strange for someone to come out of nowhere and take down a big golem as if it was nothing. But I didn't know how they would react if I told them that I was from a place called Japan and had reincarnated in this world, so I had to lie.

"Umm, well, I was born in a small village far away, and after my parents died, I decided to travel and learn about the rest of the world." I lied.

"Oh, very sorry for your loss. So are you going to join the mercenary Guild then?"

"Mercenary Guild?"

"Yes, have you not heard of it before?"

Everyone looked at me, puzzled, and I shook my head.

"The Mercenary Guild is an organization where people join to get paid for doing quests. Quest such as material gathering, monster subjugation, escorting and even sometimes hired by countries to be part of their army," explained Rolph.

Mercenary work might be good for me since I can learn more about this world while earning money. It shouldn't be any problems as long as I don't stand out and try not to involve in disputes between countries.

"Hmmm, sounds interesting. How do I join the Mercenary Guild?."

"Ah, to join, you need to go to a Mercenary Guild branch and complete an application form. Then there is a test to see if you qualify. However, I think Masato is quite capable in terms of combat and should easily pass the test."

"Thank you very much-"

Knock Knock

"Village chief, may I come in."

"Yes, you may."

"Thank you."

A young girl walked into the room. It was the same girl who I saved from the bandit duo.

She was holding something ball-shaped that was covered in a white cloth. She handed it over to the Village chief and whispered something in his ears, and left. But before leaving, she bowed and thanked me for saving her life.

"Please don't worry about it," I said as my cheeks became red from embarrassment, and she left.

"Now Masato, we have gathered all the bandit's belongings for you," the village chief said before unwrapping the cloth ."And this core was retrieved in the place where the defeated that Mithril Golem was."

Ah, that's the Mithril Golem Core.

"Thank you very much. By the way, how should we split that bandits loot?"

"""Ehh!?!?"""

"MASATO! What do you mean split!? Naturally, everything belongs to you since you defeated all of them," shouted Lilliana.

Rolph and the Village chief nodded in agreement.

"Really? Village chief, don't you need the stuff to rebuild this village?"

"I would be lying if I said no, but Masato since you already saved us all. We can not ask you for more."

"Please don't worry about it. How about this? I'll take what I like, and everything left over will go to this village."

"Truly?"

"Yes, I promise."

"Masato, thank you very much, please let me call you Sir Masato. You are a saviour sent by the Gods."

Mhmm, Gods, huh, maybe my reincarnation in this world could be something related to them? There's magic and monsters, then why not Gods.

"Ah...Kind and strong, the perfect man."

As I was deep in thought, I heard Lilliana whisper something, but I couldn't hear what she said exactly.

"Sorry, did you say something?"

"Huh? don't mind me..."

<<<Report: Individual Lilliana said...>>>

"Huh, what did she say?"

<<<Never mind.>>>

Great, a ring is hiding secrets from me.

24