Chapter 11
590 2 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Wait, he's your father?"

I asked in surprise. The man that I had saved from the death's door was apparently Duke Lucera, Lilliana's father.

A little while ago, Guardian warned me that [Radar] had picked up several enemies attacking a group of people. So I alerted Rolph, who was our driver, to speed up in that direction.

There was a group of 30 knights attacked by a massive group of orcs that were armed with big clubs and swords. I took my spear out of my storage and jumped in to help. I killed several orcs and saved a couple of knights who were surprised at my sudden appearance. However, they quickly seized the opportunity and struck back.

A knight approached me and told me to help their leader, who was currently in a fight with the orc general. I went in the direction that the knight pointed and saw a large orc that was about to deal the final blow to a severely injured knight.

There was no way that I was going to make it in time, so I took a gamble and threw the spear at the orc. The spear travelled at incredible speed and pierced the orc general through the chest.

At the same time, I learnt a new skill called [Spear Throw].

I quickly rushed to the knight, who was barely moving and had stopped breathing. He had received a massive blowdown on his left shoulder, which even went through his armour.

I took out a [Elixer] but realised that I would struggle to make him drink. However, Guardian then told me that I could just pour it onto him.

I opened the bottle and emptied the whole thing onto the wound, which closed itself within seconds, leaving no trace of even a scar. His chest had also begun rising up and down.

At the same time, I heard Lilliana running over to me. At first, I thought she was worried about me, but then that was when I found that the man I saved was her father. I might have been slightly disappointed but never mind that. Lilliana had heard that her father was here from Rolph, who recognised several of the knights.

Now back to the present.

"Your father took a pretty big hit. The Elixer fixed him up, but I'm not sure it would restore the blood that he had lost."

"Wait, Masato, what do you mean, Elixer?"

"Umm, Elixer, the thing that brought your father back to life?"

There was a moment of silence, but Lilliana looked like she was about to burst.

"How could you use such a thing without asking!!" she shouted.

"Wait, I'm sorry I didn't ask you, but your father had stopped breathing, and it was the only way to bring him back."

At the same time, Rolph came over, who had heard the commotion.

"Lady Lilliana, I don't think Masato understands the worth of an Elixer.

"Worth?" I asked.

"Well yes, a potion that can bring someone back from death, regenerate any lost limbs, and cure any disease is something that not even royalty can afford to buy."

Not even royalty can buy? Aren't they meant to the riches people in this world, or did I misunderstand something? Rolph laughed at my lack of knowledge and common sense, whilst Lilliana just sighed in frustration.

"Masato, now that you know, how do you expect the Lucera house to repay you?"

"Umm, let's just say that you owe me one."

"Owe you one?"

"Never mind that, let's get your father loaded up on a carriage or wagon. It is going to be dark soon, and my experiences with camping are not great."

"I agree with that. Lady Lilliana, it's better if your father can recover in a much more comfortable environment."

"Okay fine, but Masato, I am not done with you. We will have a serious chat after this."

"Sure...Looking forward to it," I replied.

Rolph and I carried the unconscious Duke and regrouped with the knights who were still recovering. Ten knights had died in total, and the rest suffered a whole range of injuries. I treated the most severe ones with some of the healing potions.

I collected all the remains of the orcs and as well as the knights so that they could be returned to their families. Having a storage skill is indeed very useful.

I didn't revive any knights since I didn't want to get yelled at by Lilliana, but the other reason was that I only had 4 [Elixer] left. It might sound like I'm making up excuses, but I would not be able to handle the guilt of not bringing back the other knights.

We grouped up with the other knights and prepared to leave. We placed Lilliana's father on his carriage, and Lilliana stayed to look after him. I did not know where Kumo and the wagon were; however, as if she read my mind, Kumo came racing over.

The knights were petrified at the sight of Kumo, and I'm pretty sure they were less afraid of the orcs. Eventually, most of them calmed down after I explained that Kumo was my summoned monster. To be honest, they dealt with the surprise better than Estiel, who woke up again.

A few of the knights were confused why Estiel was our prisoner, so we explained that he was working with the bandits that had attacked Lilliana's convoy.

However, Estiel demanded to be freed and spewed lies that we were the ones who attacked him. Of course, none of the knights believed him and ignored him. He then fainted again after seeing Kumo again.

We started to move towards the capital at around 5 pm. This time, our journey took longer now that we had a company of knights with us.

21