Chapter 27
1k 4 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Before entering the Guild, Galun and two of his knights appeared on my [Radar]. They seem to be at the counter with Noella, the catgirl receptionist. 

I had a feeling that they might be looking for me. So I decided questing should be put on hold for now. It's not that I don't want to talk to them; I just didn't trust them.

I feel like I can trust the Duke, but the problem is the other nobles. If they were with the scheming noble, they might cause me problems in the future. 

When I rescued the Duke a second time, it seemed that they were in the middle of a meeting, so many nobles saw my face. Maybe I should have worn a mask, but the Duke wouldn't have recognized me. 

I decided that it was best to not interact with anyone but the Duke for now. Since I did save him and his daughter, I'm confident that he would be able to help me. 

Especially when that Earl Nonce or something had thought I was with the attackers and wanted to interrogate me. But Duke Lucera advocated for me and had those other nobles step down. 

If I could work out some deal that can protect us from the prying eyes of nobles, it would be a positive outcome for me. I should leave it at that for now; all this thinking and standing outside the guild has made me less excited to pick up a quest. 

"On second thoughts, let's go back to the inn. There isn't much point looking for a quest in the evening, so we should go back tomorrow instead." 

Celia and Kumo both agreed with my spur of the moment excuse, but I think Kumo knew why I didn't want to go in. 

When we returned to the inn, I requested another single room for myself, and I let the girls have the double room. It was going to be dinner soon, so until then, we had a bit of time to laze around in our rooms. 

During that time, I decided to take out something from my storage, the special gift given to me by the Gods of this world—the Random Skill Ticket.

At first glance, it doesn't look like anything special, but once I wanted it to activate, it began to glow very brightly. 

<<<Report: [Magic Deflection Barrier] acquired.>>>

"Perfect!" 

I did a victory pose in my mind. [Magic Deflection Barrier] as it sounds can deflect magic. Essentially I can just smack back the magic to whoever sent it. 

However, unlike [Perfect Defence], it isn't a passive skill. Also, the activation cost depends on how strong the magic is. Except for those two things, there isn't any problem with this skill. 

"Master, I sensed an immeasurable amount of energy coming from your room. Are you okay?"

"Oh right, yeah, I'm fine. I just learnt a new skill, that is all."

"That is wonderful news, Master."

"Oh, speaking of skills. Did your skills also change when you evolved?"

"Many of them stayed the same, with only minor changes. For example, I can create threads, venom and antidotes through my finger. Two pairs of my armoured spider legs on my back are retractable."  

"Woah, that's cool." 

"So, Master, what is the new skill you learnt?"

"It's a barrier that can deflect magic."

"As expect of Master to acquire a high ranking magic barrier skill."

"Wait, is it that powerful?"

"Indeed, especially one that can deflect magic. Master, I would like to be able to enquire about your origins?"

"My origins, huh.."

I suppose I can tell Kumo, as long as I make sure that she does not accidentally tell anyone. So I did; I told her about Earth, how different it was to this world and my journey coming to this world. Like meeting Izor, The God of Space and Time. 

I briefly mentioned the [Divine Elixer] that I drank, but apparently, she has never heard of it. I suppose I need to ask a God since it is something divine. Obviously, it's not like I had a phone with God's number, so I guess I just have to wait, which could be never. 

Kumo was fascinated by my tale, and surprisingly she believed everything I said. But then it was time for dinner, so we found a table and ordered food from the inn's kitchen. 

Again I had no idea what each item was, and neither did Kumo since she had never cooked her food before. Celia was a slave, and that pig slave merchant only fed her scraps. So we ordered everything on today's menu to give it all a try. 

Everything there was great though there was not much seasoning except a bit of salt. But the uniqueness of the dishes and the preparation that went into it made it all taste so good. Nothing was left behind. 

I also noticed many stares from the other people, especially the ones drinking at the bar. I decided to retreat to our rooms before anything cliche happened.

Before we went to bed, I used [Exhange] to purchase toothbrushes and toothpaste for Kumo. Oral hygiene is necessary to me, okay!

And then I had Guardian keep alert of any intruders. Kumo was still a monster in the end and did not require much sleep in the first place, so I entrusted her to protect the other room. 

I lay on the slightly rough bed and let the tiredness take me. But then I suddenly awake and found myself high up in the clouds once again. 

It did not look like Izor's realm unless he had some renovations done. So I wondered. Who's realm is this?

"This is my realm, human."

I turn around to where the voice came from, only to see a beautiful lady with purple hair. 

"I am Nara, the Goddess of Love. I am here to review your high evolution application, so please sit anywhere you like."

I did as I was told and sat down, though it felt extremely uncomfortable due to the constant wave of clouds breezing past under me. 

"But wait, the Goddess of Love? And high evolution application?" 

"That's right; I am the Goddess of Love. Since you have reached the highest level you can get, it is time for you to evolve."

"Oh, right, I forgot that there isn't a no mind-reading policy here."

"Don't worry; I won't be using it too much."

"Hey, wait, that means your still going to use it!"

She suddenly bursts out laughing whilst reading a sheet of paper, which I assume was my evolution 'application'.

"What will I be evolving into?"

"Humans can only evolve into a High-Human, so there isn't really an option. Everything seems fine with your application, so please sign here."

She points to the bottom of the paper, which I attempted to read only to find nothing on there. Since I was signing something, it was only natural to read the terms; however, there was nothing on there. 

"No need to be sceptical; there's nothing suspicion written on it."

"I mean, there is literally nothing on it."

"Ah right, that's because only gods can read it. So go on, sign it," she says with a smile, making it even more suspicious. 

Since she was a goddess, I believed her and signed it using the pen that magically appeared in my hand.

"By the way-"

Before I could ask any other questions, I was met with darkness and loss of consciousness. 

14