Chapter 6 Wanted
23 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 6 Wanted

 

Ash, King, and Jax found themselves at the Thunderous Kingdom where the 500-year-old elf queen lives. Her name is Astrid the master of lightning (but Zeus is the actual master) and her lightning protects her kingdom from being invaded.

The trio made their way to a supply store unseen to restock on the necessity to make the trip. King asks the lady with her younger brother and sister where they can contact the queen.

"Excuse me miss and you two cuties how do we speak to the queen of this kingdom."

The lady that is probably in her mid-20s says with something caught in her throat, “Uhh y-you want to go to her castle but I don't think she will be willing to speak with any common folk.”

Jax with a comforting smile says, “Oh don't worry we are far from it, by the way here is your money, I thank you for the information and supplies, we will be on our way."

Jax hands over 4 gold coins which puts the biggest smiles on the kids' and lady's faces.

Ash puts the supplies into a black hole, he smirks, “I would love to see if that idiot of a brother can make this magic.”

They walk out of the store just to be surrounded by knights with the captain shouting, “The queen wishes to see you so come quietly or face the consequences."

King and Ash were annoyed by this almost demand but Jax told the knights, “We will go but do not bring harm to the shop owner they did not know who we are.”

The captain agreed, the three were being escorted to the castle's throne room to where queen Astrid sat on her chair. The three walked in and bowed to the queen for a few seconds then looked up at her; Ash was going to speak but King loudly spoke which covered Ash's voice.

“Aye princess, what do you want from us?"

Jax elbowed King in the side which made him grunt.

“I am not a princess and you will speak to me properly!”

Her attitude was high and mighty, King didn’t back down,

“You sure do act like one especially when you make demands from so-called wanted criminals.”

The queen grew angry and started turning rosy red but Ash didn't do anything, he was trying to see how King and Jax would handle things. He smirked and pulled a chair from the abyss then sat down looking at the queen waiting to see how things would go down. Jax saw what Ash was doing and tried to stop King from making fun of the queen.

“Hey princess Astrid, you look more like a princess that doesn't know what she's doing than a queen.”

His insults were dumb but effective against a queen who thinks highly of herself. The now fuming queen attacked King with her lightning but King already knew this was coming so prepared to dodge beforehand and still was making fun of her,

“That wasn't very queen of you princess."

Ash began to let out a little laugh but queen Astrid saw him laugh and launched a lightning bolt at Ash but he already knew it was going to go down like this so he put up a dark matter force shield that reflects all attacks back at the attacker twice as strong as the original attack. The lightning bolt that got reflected turned to a level two green bolt that whistled right past queen Astrid's shoulder and obliterated the roof.

She got pushed to the ground by the force of the bolt's explosion. Astrid turned her head slowly, looking up, the bolt decimated the whole ceiling of the throne room. She finally noises his gaze, Ash’s eyes glowed bright yellow under the blindfold. Astrid focused a little harder on Ash with her pretty green eyes, seeing the aura that was seeping out of him literally corrupting the air around him.

“I am Ash and we don't listen to kings or queens and certainly not gods. So why did you call us, what does the master of lightning want?"

King started laughing maniacally when she realized who she attacked. A glint of fear was in her eyes,

"Are you Hades' son? Don't you only kill people if they are on death's door like your dad?"

Ash began to grit his teeth and ignite a black flame out of the palm of his hand,

“I am nothing like my father, he is a lunatic who I will kill! This flame is more powerful than his blue flame and I will show you its power."

The black flame started burning the floor around him except the part he was standing on.

Jax objected, "Please stop this Ash, you are going to kill everyone!”

King with a smile on his twisted face encouraged him, “Yes Ash, do it, feel the power, burn this stupid queen and its pathetic people. They don't even let beast people have homes, they use them as slaves. Why should we let evil people live!”

Jax asked Ash a question of morality, "Hey Ash, do you really want that lady and her siblings to die just because of what this stupid queen said?"

Ash with a demented face filled with hate and pain screamed out, “Yessss I would love it. Where is your god now hahaha! Aaarrrggghhh I-I-I don't, I can't, it hurts!”

He was trying to keep his true self contained. The black with silvery outline flames surrounded him like a cocoon. The queen was in tears knowing she is just an ant to him. He could crush her just by looking at her but her fear wasn’t for herself.

King got furious and pulled out his dark blue soul sword and released the souls, sending them to Jax. Jax unsheathed his katana and used wind strikes to push the explosive souls away.

Ash fell to his knees after his black flame went out, tired and weak he blacked out. Jax and King saw, they ceased their fighting to go help him.

“Hey, Ash wake up, are you alright.”

The whole floor was burnt to a crisp. The queen was on the floor past out, his boost in power knocked her back hitting her throne knocking her unconscious. King and Jax put Ash on their shoulders and walked out the front door, King asked Jax to wait,

“Hey Jax wait up, I have to do something real quick and no I promise on Ash's life I will not kill anyone for now.”

Jax rolled his eyes and walked out the front doors with Ash. King went to the queen and woke her up with a slap to the face. Queen Astrid jolted up with a frightened look with confusion mixed into it.

“You passed out from Ash's sheer power. I came here to say thank you.”

“But why, I made him angry and he was going to wipe out the kingdom?”

“It was because I wanted him to be a cold-blooded killer with no emotions. I want it where he will not hesitate to kill and you helped bring out the pain.”

Astrid questioned King's sanity,

“Are you insane, and what happens if he says you are useless and tries to kill you.”

“Well so be it as long as he kills all the gods I will be fine dying at his hands.”

Astrid realized Ash could destroy the whole world if he wanted to. She shouted without thinking,

“I will come with you! I need to make sure you don't give a bad influence to the guy who could even kill gods.”

“Umm what about your kingdom princess, don't they need a ruler so they don't crumble to the ground.”

Astrid already planned for the next ruler so she immediately answered after King asked,

“My little sister will be the stand-in queen until I get back.”

King chuckled, “Alright but I will warn you Ash is already ruthless and if you get in his way he will kill you.”

Astrid nodded her head and got up. She was still terrified of Ash’s power but the world was at stake, her body was shaking from the experience. King left to tell Jax and to see if Ash was awake while Astrid went to tell her sister that she was in charge of the kingdom until she got back.

 

 Astrid knocked on her sister's door and a sweet girl with pointy ears and black hair opened up the door. She looks like she is about to be in her teenage years but she is almost 120 years old. The little sister's name is Cass. She is shy, really fit for her age and her skin is white with blue-green eyes.

She loves her big sister a lot and is afraid she might get hurt one of these days.

“Yeah, sis did y-you need anything.”

Astrid smiled and had her and Cass sit down on the bed.

“Cass, I need you to look after the kingdom when I am on my mission.”

Cass looked at Astrid with fear and worry. “You can't leave me, I don't want anything to happen to you.”

Astrid hugged Cass, whispering in her ear, “Don't worry I will be careful plus you will be proud of your big sister because she is going to be the one to save the world.”

Cass held it in, she gave Astrid a rewarding smile, “Well if my big sister is going to save the world then I will protect this kingdom.”

They both kept hugging each other for a little while. After the two stopped hugging the queen said her goodbyes and now is just Astrid the hero. As soon as Astrid left the castle it gave Cass anxiety for the future. Cass is in charge of a whole kingdom now.

 

 Astrid made her way to the inn where they would meet up at. She went inside, the citizens still treated her as the queen so she had to tell everyone that she is not the queen for now and just go back to their business.

She got upstairs and knocked on the door where they were staying.

“Come in,”

King's voice echoed through the door. She opened it just to see Ash sitting up staring her down. She could feel his eyes striking into her heart even though the black blindfold his eyes glowed but in a yellow state not the red glow when he got angry.

“What is she doing here,”

Ash asked. King told the request,

“Brother she wishes to join us but I say you kill her.”

Ash gives her a stare that sends shivers down her spine, she holds her ground telling Ash why,

“I want to join you so I can make sure you don't destroy the world.”

Ash sent Jax and King away to go prepare for the trip.

“You got guts, so how will you make sure that I don't destroy the world, how can you stop me?"

Astrid answers positively, “You are reasonable and not insane like your brother. Plus it is my life goal to be there when the world faces a crisis.”

Ash’s voice deepens, “How would you know I am not crazy like my brother or even worse than him.”

She used logic, it was super effective, “Well I heard what Jax said to you and made you calm down. Also, I am so very sorry I said you were like your father.”

Ash warns her in a serious tone, “If you get in my way, I will wipe you from the face of the earth. I don't care if you are a woman or not, get in the way of my plans and you will regret it.”

Ash got up from the bed and went to the door. As he was going to walk out the door he said one last thing,

“If you come, you will see things that will scare you so if you are not downstairs in five minutes I will take it as you want to stay.”

He then walks out the door heading downstairs to get a drink. Two minutes pass by and Astrid comes down from the room. She goes to the table the other three are sitting at, Ash is sitting on his chair with both legs on the table crossed. She grabs a chair, sitting across from King inhaling a mug of rum. Jax has a cup of water sitting on the table. He is just enjoying the atmosphere of the bustling tavern.

Jax has a delighted expression, “So you are joining us I see.”

King barges into the conversation after slamming his mug, "So you want to die that bad, well I did warn you, princess,”

Astrid’s ear twitched, she was now pissed off. She barked at him, "For the last time I am not a princess, and if you call me that one more time I will fry your ass.”

King laughed so hard he started wheezing.

Ash interrupted the fun, “Alright let's head out and Jax, how far can you see into the future, also how clear is it, I mean do you see images or like it's vivid.”

Jax tries to explain it the best he can, “Umm, it's sort of like one image and a sentence. Like I can see one week into the future, I can do it now if you want.”

Ash nods and Jax closes his eye then begins to look into the future. After a few minutes of waiting, Jax opens his eye with a shocked face.

“What did you see, what is going to happen,”

Ash asked, waiting for answers.

Jax spoke, “It's going to be the battle of the demigods.”

1