Chapter 9 The Preparation For The Dark Brothers
18 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
What side would you want to be on
  • Dark brothers side Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Light brothers side Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 1

Chapter 9 The Preparation For The Dark Brothers

 

Grim and Creed were given orders to kill their brothers or else the world will be destroyed. At the base of Mount Olympus, they rented a room in a small town named The Steps To Heaven. The town was flourishing for being such a small town; the only reason it will be doing so in war-torn times is the gods doing. The only reason they will give their blessing is that it benefited them and nothing else.

The town has a lot of welcoming people with smiles all around. Even the orphanage is maintained and clean and all the kids seem to be happy there. The fields are full of wheat ready to be collected. It's almost like nothing bad can happen in this town, almost like a dream. All the kids in the orphanage came up to Grim and Creed to welcome them because their fame has even reached the demigod children in this small town. The town is lively most of the day until sunset when everyone heads home.

The only reason bandits don’t attack the village is the overall might of the demigods, even one moderately powerful kid can take out fifteen to twenty bandits, twenty being if it was putting his very life on the line. As soon as Grim and Creed arrived at the town the two got a room for the week to wrap their heads around the whole idea of killing their brothers.

Once the room was rented they went to walk around the very high-spirited town. A kid from the orphanage gave Creed and Grim a flower necklace,

“Excuse me, hey kid what are the flowers for.”

The zestful little kid bounced around, almost yelling out, “It is for the day of the gods, it’s a holiday where we celebrate the gods for doing all they do for us.”

As he explained it he was jumping away to give more people more flower necklaces. As they looked around town something caught Grim’s eye, it was a wanted poster with both King and Ash on it with a hefty reward.

“Umm Creed you got to see this, it's a wanted poster with our loving brothers as the main bounty.”

Creed thought about it and how they would have such a high price for their heads but it just popped in his head, “Hey remember the Zin empire that was destroyed overnight, who would have that kind of power except for the gods.”

Grim didn’t want to jump to conclusions, “Hey it might have been the gods who knew maybe they were getting too powerful for their own good.”

They both knew on the inside that wasn't true at all and already knew it had to be King and his ill-temper.

“So if my gut feeling is right Ash and King should probably come here looking for answers about his father,” Creed commented, trying to change the subject.

“We need to prepare for their arrival. We have about a week's time or less if they don’t take detours. Oh hey Creed, do you think we are ready for our familiar? They are hard to control based on one's personality.”

If you have a sassy personality then you're basically getting your own treatment back at you and not to forget the familiar you get is also based on personality too.

“I wonder what I am going to get, maybe a panther oh oh yeah a hawk that would be awesome,” Grim imagined.

Creed couldn't help but think of what he would get too, “Alright let's ask the gods if they would bestow us with our familiars.”

They went to Mount Olympus on the hawks they summoned with summoning magic. The ride to the top wasn’t long. The only drawback is flying so high in the air will make it hard to breathe. When they reached the top the two saw a group of demigods and the leader of them is a beast woman (a beast person is a human with animal features like a tiger beast woman would have a tail with tiger ears but the rest will be just like a human) that has wolf-like features like a fluffy tail. She has a beautiful dark complexion that goes perfectly with her dark grey hair.

“Wow gods are not really picky when it comes to their “desires”. I wonder what god is her parent,” Grim speculated.

“Now is not the time if you forgot about how we are running out of time so let us get a move on.”

The two brothers landed their enormous birds on the ground with a big gust of wind that knocked a couple of the demigods off their feet.

“WHAT THE HELL!”

The leader of the group screamed out in a bloody rage.

Grim antagonized her with one of his comments, “Sorry didn’t see you down there. I hope you didn’t get dust in your fur.”

She and the others that fell got back on their feet, “Who the hell gives you the right to land those monsters near Mount Olympus, this is a holy ground.”

Creed apologized to them while Grim berated them for not being strong enough to take a gust of wind. The beast woman was hopping mad until one of the demigods in her group whispered in her ear most likely saying “those two are the light brothers, they are the strongest out of all the demigods that ever lived.”

She changed her tone from angry to skeptical in a flash.

“So you are the famous light brothers, the strongest demigods in this whole forsaken world.”

Creed corrected her saying, “We are not the strongest, far from it, it's our counterparts the dark brothers and please excuse us we are going to get our familiars now.”

She jumped in Creed’s way then challenged him, “We are going to do the same thing too, my name is Sarah Fang and I challenge you and Grim to see who gets a stronger familiar.”

Creed politely refuses and walks into the temple while Grim accepts the challenge with a handshake that was batted away.  The whole group walks inside behind Creed who is already about to ask the gods,

“Gods here my call and please grant my request for a familiar.”

Athena the god of wisdom and battle strategy came down from the heavens to grant the request and the group looked up in awe for they have only rarely seen Athena where she usually stays in the heavens.

“I heard your call and saw your deeds. Now I must make a judgment on your personality.”

After a few seconds of incisively judging she got her answer, “Your familiar has come, and now take care of him.”

From the shadows in the corner of the room jumped out a shadow dire wolf, the wolf is almost a mist with dark red eyes with no pupils. The wolf walks to Creed with caution at first taking a few steps at a time while staring him down. Creed reaches out his hand while kneeling down, the wolf accepts his gesture, turning into a solid form, rubbing its head against Creed’s hand.

“Thank you for your gift. I will honor it with my life.”

Creed walks outside with his wolf beside him, while Creed passes by the group, Grim fanboys over it,

“That is so cool I can’t wait for mine.”

Sarah Fang the beast woman walks up next in line ready to get a familiar. She calls on Athena to hear her,

“Athena I too wish to get my familiar with great power so I can serve you better with the power you give to me.”

Athena looks into Sarah’s actions and victories for a minute to see if she is even worthy of a familiar. After much thought, Athena came to a conclusion,

“You are ready for a familiar, now remember to treat it with respect and it will do the same to you. Now come forth the Flamed tailed fox.”

The fox pounced on Sarah’s shoulder. The fox came from the torch that was giving the room light. The firefox cuddles around her neck like a scarf and closes its eyes to sleep, the fox makes where the people she likes are unaffected by her flames. Her flames grow more defined the tamer and not raging out of control.

“Thank you, Athena I will treasure her for as long as I am alive,” Sarah wholeheartedly spoke.

She walked out of the temple with her little companion around her neck. After the rest of her group went, it was Grim’s turn to see what he would get.

“I am the last one so please I am ready for my partner.”

Athena asked Grim a question, “Grim do you care about your brothers.”

He said yes without hesitation,

“I see then, here is your partner, come prairie dog.”

It comes from the ground to greet Grim, the prairie dog starts dashing fast straight to him then with great speed lunges at him hitting him right in the chest latching its claws on him. Grim stumbled a foot or two back from the speed it got hit with.

“Umm, this is mine, are you sure this is right.”

Athena nodded and waved goodbye to Grim and slowly ascended up to the heavens. He went outside to meet up with the others, most of the others weren't ready for familiars yet so it was the three and two others that had a familiar.

“So what did you get as a familiar Grim,” Creed asked, petting his shadow wolf.

“Well, here he is,”

Grim showed his prairie dog that poked his head out from Grim’s shirt collar.

“Is that it, you gotta be kidding me right, what is that going to do, hide in a hole.”

Sarah laughing at Grim and his prairie dog,

“Hey, I got an idea lets battle with our familiars and see who is better.”

Grim with pride, “You are on, my partner will destroy your fox!”

Creed rolls his eyes while getting on his hawk, with seriousness, “Grim, don't be an idiot or everyone in that town is going to be in danger. So stop fucking around or else I will put you in your place myself.”

Grim forgot who was coming burling towards them, “I am sorry Creed I totally forgot that is much bigger than this little challenge. I am sorry Sarah but we need to go now, maybe we can have that battle some other day.”

Grim got a running start then strafe jumped onto the bird, the two lifted off, headed towards the town down below. Sarah didn’t get to say anything because it all happened suddenly and Creed’s stare at Grim was also a factor. They got to the forest that was ahead of the town to get started with the traps,

“Hey Creed, do you think any of these traps will actually work against them?”

Creed answered with swift words,

“No, it is just to slow them down nothing else. We may have the terrain in our favor but that means nothing to them. They are a walking army with mobility and pure strength. King could handle both of us but it is much worse with Ash. Did you forget Ash already ascended godhood or did you forget again? He took the name God of Gods and I am afraid that may be true if he were to release his true form.”

They worked on the traps all day until night then ended the day with well-needed rest. The two weeks pass, Grim was still asleep upstairs at the inn while Creed trained with his shadow wolf in the forest.

“Good, now jump shadow to shadow,”

Creed gave the wolf commands and which the wolf did flawlessly jumping from the tree’s shadow to another with a speed that the human eye can barely see. Creed puts his wolf mask on then shouts to his shadow wolf,

“Alright attack me, try to knock me off my feet and you win!”

The wolf mask’s eyes turn red to symbolize it is on and ready, the wolf zigs left to right getting ready to attack then Creed dodges to the left while the clone comes from behind him. Creed’s mask shows two enemies are ready to attack, the second wolf jumps from the left side only to be dodged from two steps back but the first shadow wolf was waiting for its chance and now it sprints at him full speed from the front while he is recovering from dodging backward. The wolf charged Creed with great force jumping on him knocking him on his butt. Licking his face but no saliva was coming off the shadow wolf’s tongue.

“Okay okay, you win I am defeated.”

He gets up from the hard ground then takes a break with his shadow wolf sitting next to him.

“Hey Creed, are you done already,” Grim announced himself.

He walked up to them and sat beside them with his prairie dog. “We are bad partners, you know that right.”

Creed gave a puzzled look, “What do you mean, I think I took care of my partner well enough."

Grim replied, “Dude we haven’t even given them names yet, I don’t think you remember but if you give a familiar a name it lets them evolve into their next form.”

Creed with an almost dumbfounded look, “Wow we are terrible partners like isn't that step one out of ten steps to evolving your familiars to their max potential. Well alright, I will make up for my mistake and name my partner first. Your name shall be Kage which means shadow, that's a fitting name don’t cha think,” Kage wags his tail in agreement.

“Alright now my turn, let's see how about Scout because you are fast and nimble,” Scout climbs Grim's arm to lay down on his shoulder.

Suddenly Kage and Scout start releasing a cloud of black smoke. Scout jumps from Grim’s arm to the floor and Kage jumps away from Creed. The two watch from a distance because the smoke has gotten too thick to breathe. The smoke finally starts to dissipate and there sit two familiars that have evolved. Kage grew bigger and now has a red streak from the start of his head to his tail.

Scout didn’t grow but he changed types at will, from water to lighting form to fire and back to normal.

“Wow, who would have thought just giving them a name would do that,” Grim was astonished at what he just witnessed.

“So if one evolution can do that, what can nine more do,” Creed speculated.

They stayed a little while longer, enjoying their familiars' company. Kage sunk into Creed’s shadow while Scout ran up Grim’s pant leg and latched his claws onto his back to hang there.

The two went back to the inn to eat but when they got there Sarah was waiting full of cuts and bruises.

“What happened to you, looks like you've been in a war,” Grim said with concern, coming to her aid.

Sarah tries to get up from the chair she is sitting on but falls to the ground. Grim and Creed help her up; she then whispers out only a few words before passing out,

“The dark brothers are coming.”

The reality hit both of them realizing how close he actually is.

“Grim, take Sarah and put her in your room. I need to go and make sure Ash and King aren't here yet.”

Grim nodded then carried Sarah up the stairs to the room. Creed ran out the door dashing to the forest with Kage in his shadow ready to attack.

Creed arrives at the edge of the forest, ready he dashed in with his wolf mask on and powered, he races in so he can get to the other side of the forest to where the grasslands are. Meanwhile Grim puts Sarah in his bed then walks to the door when Sarah weakly says,

“You guys are outmatched and outnumbered.”

Grim questions Sarah, “What do you mean I thought it was only Ash and King.”

“No, there are four more and one of them is stronger than King.”

Grim rushes out of the room out of the inn and makes a beeline towards the forest. Creed now in the grasslands sees Ash walking with a wagon behind him, King jumps off the wagon and holds up his hands.

“We surrender, you don’t want to hurt people that surrender do you?”

King laughs at Creed, Jax jumps in the front seat of the wagon while Ash and King walk beside it.

“Stop right there Ash and King, you guys are here to destroy the temple am I right.”

Ash answered with no remorse, “No we do not intend to destroy it well not yet but if you get in the way I'll wring your neck so get the hell out of the way or else you put the town in danger too.”

Ash then walks to the wagon and starts talking to someone but Creed can’t make out what he is saying.

King chuckles, “Unless you want a fight then that can happen.”

King pops his knuckles waiting for Creed to strike first.

“I can see you have a familiar finally, do you want them to meet,” Ash pointed at his shadow vibrating.

Grim finally arrives with Scout on his shoulder, Creed fills Grim in with what has happened so far.

“So I know you are not the type of person to lie probably because you have no reason to but I don’t think we can let you into the town.”

Ash snaps his fingers then the whole forest ignites into blue flames, “Was that for me, the only one who is smart enough to do that is Creed but even then it's rather an amateur's job. Are you going to let us through or die trying to stop us?”

Grim, enraged at Ash’s words, run in for the attack.

He shouts while running, “Who was the one that fought that beast woman!”

King pulls his sword out and jumps in the way of the blade blocking it.

“That is our friend who did that but trust me if he wanted to she would be dead. Plus she attacked first as you did just now. You idiot, now if Ash said yes I would be allowed to destroy that whole town right now.”

Grim pulls back to where Creed is standing just to be smacked in the back of the head, “You wonder why your brothers hate you sometimes god think!”

Creed gives Grim an earful for being so dense, “Well if you two are done bickering I would love to see how much you grew since we last met plus I think you haven’t met my familiar yet. Come forth Vex you have new playthings, oh you girls can come to watch the show too,” Ash challenged them.

Vex the black fire lion came from a summoning circle on the ground. The girls hop off the wagon and stretch out, Astrid gave everyone a sandwich and hugged Ash, and whispered in his ear,

“Don’t hurt them too bad okay.”

Grim and Creed were shocked to see him be so close to anyone, especially hugging a woman.

“Ha, I never thought you would be close to a woman especially someone so lovely you must really li-.”

Ash dashed so fast that it looked like he teleported, he put his elbow into Grim’s gut making him curl up and fall to the ground on his knees holding his stomach.

“So what did you say Grim or how about you Creed, you are lucky she said no killing but not about putting you on death’s door.”

Creed shook his head while Grim was on the ground grunting,

“I am sorry it was just a joke.”

Jax shouted to Ash, “Hey I am going to go to the town and maybe visit the temple. Do you want anything, oh and girls do want to come, all the sweets are on me.”

Ash said no thanks while the girls jumped for joy, “Oh, are you sure you want to say that.”

Jax thought about it and said, “Is it too late to change my answer.”

They immediately told him no and jumped back on the wagon waving to Ash, King, and Astrid.

“Bye Ash, don’t beat them up too bad,” Isabel smiled warmly.

King laughed hard and waved goodbye, “Alright you two fight me with all your strength and I will use my familiar to push you two back oh and my hands. Now come at me, weaklings.”

The two pull out their weapons and Grim runs in the back releasing a barrage of arrows, Creed sends Kage to get Vex’s attention then slides under Vex to get to Ash, he tries to strike Ash’s shoulder with a diagonal slash but Ash catches the Excalibur with his hand.

Grim sends Scout to catch Ash off guard, Scout hopes on top of Vex’s head and zooms to Ash but Ash immobilizes Scout with a stare and one word “Freeze” which makes Scout stop in his tracks.

Kage splits into three Shadow wolves one with a blue streak, the second with a yellow, and the last one has a red streak. The three wolves send their elements at Vex, the blue one shoots its ice daggers at Vex, and Vex shoots purple fire from its mouth. The yellow wolf builds up electricity in its fur then zigzags to Vex biting its huge paw, shocking Vex with a powerful lightning bolt.

The fire wolf backs up far then builds its speed up turning into a ball of fire, fully covered in the fire it charges Vex hitting the lion head-on causing a fiery explosion. The impact made Vex stumble back a couple of steps but he was still standing. Vex raised his front paws slamming the ground, knocking the wolves off balance, now given the chance he did one big side swipe hitting all three wolves sending them flying.

Grim charged up his bow for a fully powered holy light shot but before he could release it Vex spit blue flames at Grim making him cancel the shot to try and dodge the fire. While Grim is dealing with Vex the lion Creed can’t move his sword out of Ash’s hands,

“Do you guys ever plan out your attacks,” Ash berates him.

Ash follows up his berate with a spinning roundhouse kick to Creed’s ribs, making him tumble to the left. Creed, dazed, looks up to Ash holding his sword by the tip of the blade,

“HERE YOU CAN HAVE THIS BACK!”

Ash throws the sword, sending it at Creed but it hits the ground between his legs giving him nightmares for later on.

 

Meanwhile, King and Astrid are watching this spectacle, “So wow why is Ash so much stronger than you three even when you are brothers.”

King said with confidence, “First the reason they will never be as strong as him is that they haven’t faced hardship like him and me, second is, he used hate as a power like fuel or a super drug almost. Last but not least how many times he died.”

Astrid was caught off guard with the last one, “Wait he died and more than once, what does that have to do with his power!”

King explained it, “So his eyes have runes in them of all kinds, one of them is eternal power which gives great power to anyone who barely survived or even died and come back.”

Astrid started to understand while the battle in the background was still going on, “Yeah I get that but how does he come back from being dead.”

Ash shouts from the battlefield, “Hey King switch I'll explain.”

King jumps in with a roar, “Alright come at me Creed, SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT!”

Ash jumps towards Astrid with one big leap, he lands with barely a scratch on him from the battle and the jump.

“So what did you want to be answered, oh that's right how I came back to life, well it was really my mission that brought me back from the pits of Hade's underworld. I literally crawled out of the pits of the underworld, the first time was the hardest because of how weak I was and how much my eyes were out of control. After the fourth time, my charming dad caught on and sent his adorable Cerberus after me. I did manage to escape but I would need to be more powerful if I was going to beat Cerberus but now that dog is nothing but a pet to me.”

Astrid said in a loving tone, “Well I am glad you made it through those hard battles,”

Grim went in awe until Astrid brought down a lightning bolt at him.

“Alright, times up let's end this battle.”

Ash vanishes in thin air then Grim and Creed drop to the ground in pain and he comes back to the spot he vanished from.

Ash commanded, “Vex changed forms into a cat,”

the huge lion started smoking until it couldn’t be seen, after the smoke started to dissipate there sat a little black cat. Astrid ran to the cat, picking it up and hugging it. The cat let out a fiery burb, Creed and Grim got up from groveling on the floor to see the transformation from a big lion to a tiny cat.

“Woah that is crazy, can all familiars do that ow!”

Ash shook his head implying no they all can’t do that.

“It's for big familiars so they can fit into small places and don’t frighten people who have never seen a beast like that. Well, it might be the time to get the girls their own familiars but through my way not just getting it from the gods.”

A question pops in Creed’s head, “How did you get a familiar without the help of the gods?”

Ash stares at Grim, “It's easy you have to actually go through hardship and not get handed everything to you. Alright, King, Astrid, let's go to the town. They won’t be stupid enough to attack in the town plus there might be casualties if I fight.”

They start walking towards town,

“Did he just push us out of the way with a friendly match,” Grim interjected.

While the three were walking to town Jax and the girls got ice cream from a demigod and her familiar was an ice turtle.

“Thanks for the ice cream Jax,” the girls carefreely said.

They were walking around town buying clothes and gifts, Sophia went to the restroom while Isabel and Jax waited at the table eating their ice cream,

“Hey Jax, umm today is Sophia’s birthday but she doesn't want anyone to know. She is very selfless and always wants to help others but not herself, so maybe we can get her something.”

Jax cheerfully, “Well let’s get her something she will cherish.”

They thought for a little bit to see what to get, “How about a necklace or a bracelet.”

Isabel jumped for joy. “Yeah, and we have to tell Ash and the others so they can get her a gift too.”

After the happy thought Jax jumped from his chair pulling his massive sword out blocking a fire blast, Isabel pulled out her twin fang daggers.

“Isabel, jump on the roof to see who it was that shot that fireball,” Jax ordered.

Jax slashes his sword to clear the smoke,  “Over there it’s a beast woman she is running away.”

Isabel pointed in the direction to where she was running,

“You stay here to wait for Sophia to get back and think of a gift,” Jax joyously said while running after her.

He hopped on the rooftops while she was running through the streets.

“Hey you, why did you attack!”

She turns showing her face, he remembers her face and sprints full speed, basically teleporting in front of her. The speed knocked her off her feet, almost cracking the ground open.

“Why did you attack in a town, where people could get hurt. How could you call yourself a familiar user when you put innocent people in danger.”

She scoffs at his words, “How could you tell me that when you are friends with that monster who erased a whole empire, anyway it doesn't matter Grim and Creed will take care of them.”

Jax laughs, almost tearing up from the joke, “Do you think there will actually be a fight, they are not even a warm-up to Ash the god of gods. He can kill them in a blink of an eye if he wanted to.”

Sarah the beast woman yelled, “You are lying, no way he is that strong. They should be coming any time now to finish you off.”

“Fine, let's meet at the entrance of the town. I will bring my little apprentices with me, and I doubt they will be happy with you after your little fox launched a fireball at us. Oh also you better choose your words carefully you attacked one he loves dear to him,” Jax warned her.

She who thought he would be beaten still sent shivers down her back. Jax and Sarah walked back to the tables at the restaurant in awkward silence, Isabel and Sophia were waiting for Jax at the table worried.

“Are you okay Jax, did you win against that jerk,” Isabel, happy Jax was back but gave the stink eye to Sarah.

“Hey sorry you are with a bad guy, I just can’t let an opportunity pass me up. Do you know he is with the dark brothers, the two that destroyed a whole empire in one night,” Sarah bitterly.

Sophia puts on a dignified face and tells her, “Do you know why Ash the silent brother is like that in the first place. The gods are to blame, they use us like playthings then when we are not needed we just get tossed away or are ordered to be killed by the other demigods.”

Jax whispers to Isabel, “Go get a gift, it doesn't matter how expensive it is just get it. I will take these two to Ash so we can buy time, we will be at the edge of town where we first got here. Now go before Sophia catches on,” Isabel runs sneakily trying not to get Sophia’s attention.

“Alright break it up, I want you to meet my friends, and oh boy your life is on the line and the only person who can save you is Sophia here,”

Jax intervened, getting into the middle to separate them. So the three walked to the edge of town to wait for everyone to arrive,

“So how did you get to know the light brothers,” Jax asked.

“We met at the temple, well more like they flew in with two giant birds knocking me on my butt,” Sarah explained.

Jax chuckled trying to hold in his laugh,

“Do you think this is funny punk I could have died,” Sarah shouted at Jax giving him an earful.

Sophia rolls her eyes then sees a figure in the distance, she waves at the figure to see if it waves back.

“Look it's Grim he won, he beat the dark brothers,” Sarah hopped with joy.

Suddenly four more figures pop up behind him.

“Wait, how can you see from that far and why do you sniff the air a lot plus awkward questions, why do you scratch your head a lot, do you have fleas,” Sophia cross-questioned her to oblivion.

“COULD YOU QUIT IT ALREADY! Yes, I am a wolf woman, and yes I scratch a lot but it is none of your business so drop it already,” Sarah furious with the questioning.

The group gets closer as Sarah, puzzled, tilts her head in confusion,

“Why are they still alive, who is that girl?”

Jax with a smug face, “Told you so.”

Sarah gave a death stare that would kill lesser men but Jax only laughed at her failure. Ash’s group finally made it to Jax’s group, the first person to speak is King,

“Who is this dog lady,”

Sarah hot head response, “I am not a dog you murder, I am a wolf and I am proud to be one.”

King walked to Sophia to whisper to her, “She probably has fleas.”

They both started giggling behind Sarah’s back.

“So who IS this wolf woman Jax and why is she here,” Ash asked.

Before Jax could answer Grim interrupted with a sluggish tone, “We met at the temple, we were getting our familiars together and she attacked you guys remember.”

Ash’s face turned into an almost disgruntled look, “Oh I see and why did you bring this coward along with you.”

While Ash was talking Sophia scooted next to Ash and Astrid, she prepared Astrid for what was going to happen,

“She attacked Isabel with a fire blast and if it wasn't for Jax she might have been hurt.”

Astrid gasped to where King and Jax saw in the corners of their eyes. Creed and Grim explained what happened to Sarah while Jax pulled Ash, King, and Astrid aside to tell them,

“Hey Sophia, say hi to Creed and Grim, you haven’t actually introduced yourself.”

She walked away to say her introductions and Jax continued,

“So I was saying today is Sophia’s birthday and Isabel went to get her a gift. I was thinking maybe you Ash could do something like make a sword or a helmet.”

Astrid couldn't hold in her excitement, she started coming up with all kinds of ideas,

“I got so many ideas to bombard her with. I am going to go right now,”

Jax stopped her to tell her it was still a surprise. King pulled out a medallion from his undershirt,

“This is what I will give her.”

He looked at it as if it was part of him. Ash started to think of what to get her but remembered she hasn't got a familiar yet. After Grim and Creed got introduced and finished explaining they all regrouped up, Jax had to explain too what happened with the fire blast,

“Ash don’t get too mad but she saw me in town and wanted to get revenge on me but I was with Isabel eating ice cream while Sophia was in the bathroom.”

The news enraged Ash, eyes burst pure red even through the blindfold it looked like it wasn't there.

“WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO ISABEL! Tell me now, actually, I will make her tell me.”

Ash pointed at Sarah who was now behind Grim and Creed.

“Brother you need to calm down I am sure she didn’t mean it yo-”

Grim and Creed were lifted off their feet being choked by Ash who moved in speeds making vibrations in the ground.

“Stay the hell out of my way.”

Ash slammed them by the necks into the ground causing the ground to crack open. Sarah sent her firefox at him, Ash grabbed the fox before she could realize it,

“Is this the thing you used in town, you don’t even deserve a familiar you worthless garbage.”

He threw it at a tree, breaking the tree with the body of the fox.

“Nooooo please don’t hurt her I am sorry please forgive me,” Sarah pleaded for her fox familiar.

“Ash please, Isabel is okay, she told me so, so please stop for my sake,” Sophia requested.

Ash, still furious, looked at Astrid who was next to Sophia, she gave a warm smile and his eyes reverted back to yellow.

“If you EVER do that again, I will track you to the pits of Hades and get my revenge. You two, if you ever get in my way again it will be the last thing you ever do. Get out of my way, Now everyone let's go to town.”

Ash and the group left the light brothers and Sarah behind and walked to town. The two brothers are unconscious from the slam while Sarah ran to her fox that was hurt badly with her flame burning out.

She sat there in tears sobbing, “What have I done, why did I make you do that. Please don’t die, you are my only friend left.”

Grim and Creed gain consciousness barely able to move, Grim crawls out of the crater he was laying in. He picks himself up using a tree to help him.

“Creed are you okay,” Grim asked,

Creed just laid in the crater and stayed in it asking himself,

“How are we going to beat them, how are we going to beat Him.”

Ash's group is met by Isabel who waited at the restaurant tables.

“Hey, guys, what took you so long.”

She got up from the table to greet them,

“Hey King, did you guys beat up the others again.”

Isabel sincerely said with a grin that can light up anyone's heart.

“Sure did, Ash took them out with one move at the same time. You should have seen it.”

King patted Isabel's head, Ash walked up to Isabel and whispered in her ear,

“You should say thank you to Jax for protecting you.”

Isabel shyly walked over to say her thank you to Jax who gladly accepted it.

“Hey, girls, how about we look at clothes before they close,”

Astrid directed them while they waved to Ash, King, and Jax.

“Alright what should we get for Sophia while we have time left,” Jax pulled the two together.

Ash pushed off and started looking up at Mount Olympus then with a sigh he exhaled,

“I have one friend who will help me, she helped me before and taught me how to use runes so maybe she can hear me from up there.”

King had no clue who he was talking about.

“Jax, can you go to where the girls are and tell them to meet me and King at the top of Mount Olympus.”

Jax nodded then jumped onto the roof of a building then started running in the direction of where they went.

“Let's go, King, we have to make sure there are no traps.”

They ran at speeds that left marks on the ground. Grim, Creed, and Sarah made it to an inn near the entrance of town that the same inn the others rented.

“How are we supposed to beat Ash if we can't even win against King using most of our powers,”

Grim pushed out, defeated and bruised up. Creed looked at Sarah with almost disgust at what she did in town. She saw his look before he looked away and she felt guilt ripping at her heart. Creed got a message spell from one of the demigods standing guard at the temple.

“Grim, one of the guards sent a message saying there's two who busted through the temple with ease and one has a black blindfold on. It has to be Ash and King, probably they are trying to get revenge for what happened. We have to stop them no matter what happens or else the gods can't contact us. Sarah, you have to stay here or you will die.”

Grim with a grin on his face, “Hey Creed you know there is a big chance one of us will die right.”

Creed nodded in agreement.

“Hey I have to come too, it was my fault you are in such a state already. So I am coming with you guys and you can’t say no,”

Grim chuckled and started to use his magic abilities,

“Hermes speed level four, now endurance level five. Alright, let’s do this.”

(Every magic power has levels like Ash’s fire in which he mastered and that is why he has blue fire, the last level. There are five levels to one power and the more you use it the faster you unlock the other levels, but some skills have conditions like Ash’s black flame is where you must end a person you hold dear to or have an aptitude towards the element.) The three ran up the stairs to Mount Olympus with speed.

1