Chapter 11 A Little Disagreement
22 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 11 A Little Disagreement

 

“Everyone gather around, our hero and leader is here!”

All of the soldiers surrounded the tent with excitement ready to see their savior. Ash, still holding the bottle in his hand,

“I should put this away or they would probably be off-putting with a hero who takes souls.”

Ash put Isabel’s soul in a metal box he got from his abyss portal and put the box back in the portal. He composed himself,

“For Isabel,”

Ash pushed the tent's door flap open unveiling a thousand soldiers looking in formation. The gear all soldiers wore is chrome with helmets that resembled skulls with a black stripe that went diagonally down the chassis. They were small for an army,

“We are small but we were all trained under Athena’s leadership. We just need a great leader to go against the swarm of untrained soldiers.”

Every single soldier looks like they can take on a hundred men. One man comes from the ranks of soldiers who have a full black but shiny armor with a gold skull helmet who must be a high-ranking officer.

“I was the stand-in for you hero. My name is Ken Nicolas and with me are the six reapers.”

Nicolas takes off his mask/helmet to show his white long hair and muscular features. Behind him five soldiers emerged from the ranks, the first one is a slim, lengthy man who has a maroon color dog skull. He slash marks all over his arms, he was keeping track of something.

The second soldier has a red skull that resembles a lion which matches his attributes. The big man wore a lion pelt around his waist that went nicely with his fang necklace.

The next one to come forth is a muscular woman with a purple panther helmet who moves a little too excited for war, Ash thought of someone who she reminds him of. Her muscles were so taut just standing in formation.

The fourth is a small girl with a cat helmet that was the color of black. She acted serious for being so small but a glint caught Ash’s eye. The small reaper wore a hood that covered her skull helmet but she uncovered it revealing the helmet, her eyes can be seen through the dark sockets of the helmet. Her pure red eyes and a scent of blood but Ash couldn’t tell if it was just from a bloody battle or she is a vampire. Ash saw her pasty skin when she lifted her hood with her hand.

Lastly a man with horns coming out of his head and a full mask/helmet of a dragon that is white as snow and a tail that was spiked like a weapon.

“So you are a half-dragon right,”

Ash directed the comment at him in which he nodded slowly in agreement,

“Hmm so you are mute and you little one, are you a vampire? I probably shouldn’t be calling you little, you might be a hundred and twenty.”

She shifted her eyes looking for an enemy ready to strike her down.

“Now you, the one with the lion skull, I am guessing you are from the fearful tribe that hunted the dangerous beasts to prove yourselves.”

He proudly puffed his chest loving the appraisement from the hero, while the vampire almost shivered after being found out so fast. She looked around looking for an escape just in case Ash gave an order to take her out.

“You don't have to do that, I have no intentions of killing you,” Ash reassured her.

The vampire looked up and asked him, “How did you find out, I've been keeping my cover from being blown for many years now.”

Ash confidently, “Your bright red eyes and the scent of blood but that was a little hard to tell because everyone here smells like blood. The real dead giveaway is your skin, it is pale white. Vampires are dead and so your skin turns pale, like your dead.”

She rested her shoulders from being alert to relaxed. They all wore shiny gold chassis, greaves, boots, and gauntlets besides the helmet.

“Now you with the really fit figure, are you perhaps from the fallen kingdom of Zestia. Wasn't it only women that lived there, that is probably why it fell, not saying it was your leadership that made it fall but the lack of men.”

Ash criticized her kingdom which made her grip her broadsword tightly.

Ash moved on to the guy with a dog skull, “I know you were trained only for tracking given your helmet but where did you come from, you don’t have a familiar aura.”

The man with the dog helmet responded with a quiet tone, “I was born and raised in this army, I learned everything from Ken Nicolas.”

Ash was impressed with the power that came off these six, and figured out why they are called the six reapers,

“Now all of you give me your names and I will give you mine,” Ash projected his voice.

The first one to speak is the vampire, “We are not to give out our names, it is because when we joined this army we left everything behind that is including names.”

Ash was mildly disappointed, scratching his chin, he got an idea, “How about I give you names for the time being until you come up with new names.”

He gave the reapers no chance to respond to his idea,

“Alright, first you, half breed, your name will be Stone because you are as talkative as a rock.”

The soldiers in the back started laughing and so were the two brutes in the reaper group.

“Alright vampire you are next, how about Fang it fits.”

The little vampire showed her little fang biting her lip,

“Next muscle head, what name should you get, umm let us see oh Brick, it works both ways for your body and brain.”

He pointed at Ash and yelled out while everyone was chuckling around him,

“HEY, just because you are the hero doesn't mean you are the most powerful one here. How about we fight, come on, are you scared of losing.”

Ash sighed already knowing how this is going to end, “Okay bring it but if I win you are going to shut that big mouth of yours for the rest of the name picking.”

Brick laughed, “Ha ha ha alright scrawny let's do this,”

before Nicolas could stop him he charged Ash with his Warhammer to be chopped in the back of the neck by Ash. The big burly man tipped over, hitting the floor with force,

“Does anyone else want to pick a fight with me, come on, anyone? Alright, let me finish the names please.”

There was chatter in the ranks like “wow with one blow,” and another like “He was the strongest out of all of us.”

Fang threw in her joke, “He sure did shut up.”

Ash smiled at her joke but continued to think for the other names, after a minute of brainstorming he finally bestowed their names,

“Alright how about Tessa for you the one wearing the panther. Next is you tracker, your name, for now, is well, Tracker, sorry you can see I am not good with coming up with names.”

Ash tried to change the subject before anything else happened, “Okay with all of your names done and made it is my turn to tell all of you soldiers. So my name is Ash. I am a demigod and if you have to know my father is Hades and don’t ask me about him or you will face a swift death.”

Everyone was open-mouthed at who his dad was and finally was able to meet Ash, “Excuse me hero sir but are you really Ash, one of the dark brothers.”

Ash with power in his voice answers, “Yes, I am Ash the Strongest Demigod; and if you follow me, we will win this war!”

Everyone raised their swords in unison shouting hurrah, “Now I am going to be in my tent planning if you general Nicolas or other reapers want to ask questions I will be there, everyone just ready yourselves for the battle and that will be all.”

Ash turns around and walks back into his tent to plan a siege on the bridge and castles. 

 

A few hours pass, Nicolas enters the tent to ask Ash how he will win with such a small army,

“Excuse me, hero, oh I mean Ash, how are you going to pull this off with such a small army.”

Ash pointed to the middle of the map, “Maybe we don’t even need an army for what we are going to do. My plan is to let them come at us in waves because the bridge is too narrow for a full force to attack at once.”

Nicolas understood his tactics, “So how many soldiers do you want to bring along.”

Ash began to evaluate how much room a single soldier would take, “I will have three reapers and twenty soldiers.”

Nicolas asks, “What reapers will be joining you on this mission and who will sit out.”

Ash picked out who will go, “The three that will be going are Brick, Tessa, and Stone because they can hold their ground without being pushed back, the others are going to wait at the beginning of the bridge and wait until I give the signal. That is all, relay the mission to them please.”

Nicolas humbly, “I will give them their mission and tell them to get ready.”

Nicolas walks out of the tent to tell the reapers their mission. “Now who am I facing in this war, what demigod will I have to fight and beat,” Ash speaks his mind. 

 

 

#

 

 

Meanwhile in a forest at midnight around a campfire a few hours before Ash’s war.

Astrid holding a grudge: “Hey Jax, why are we not getting our revenge on the light brothers."

Jax replied: “Ash told me in secret but he said we need not to gain fame from evil let him take the blame for that. He also mentioned they are linked somehow like their fate is one.”

King is still saddened by the loss of Isabel: “If it weren't for Ash they would be dead. Jax why are we going to a war ridden city and not somewhere to lay low until Ash gets back.”

Jax responded to King’s grief: “I know this is hard to get through but Ash told me to rely on my foresight and it told me there is a war we need to visit.”

King with a heavy heart agreed to the notion to go to a war but it kind of cheered him up being able to release his fury on the battlefield.

Astrid: “Alright so we follow your eye, what does it show will happen."

Jax answered her question: “It just gives me an image of a dark warrior and words pop into my mind telling me the most brutal war ever for one side. I don’t know but it might tell me to prevent this bloodshed or to encourage it, it’s a fifty fifty chance so what do you think Astrid, bring the bloodshed or repel the bloodshed it's up to you, you are the most reasonable one here by a mile.”

King and Sophia give Jax a stare that could kill.

Jax chuckled: “So what is it going to be?”

Astrid chose to repel the bloodshed until they knew what they had to do there.

King: “Now that is all settled, Sophia, I forgot to give you your birthday present. I know now is not the time for this but it will help you in your battle so please take it. It meant a lot to me. Now I am giving it to you to take care of it for me.”

Sophia’s face brightened from the gloomy mood she was in, making everyone warm inside, Sophia was handed the medallion that started glowing red when she touched it.

Sophia: “Wooah why is it glowing red!”

Amazement was all over her face.

King explained: “The glow means it accepted you as the new owner of the medallion. The medallion was a gift from my friend in the war of the ancients, he saved me from all kinds of monsters and we formed a team of demigods so we can survive the war. The war was brutal and we encountered some troubling enemies. It was just me and him left of the squad of ten. We managed to get away but he was too hurt to continue, he gave it to me for protection, he said it will save you three times from a deadly hit then you have to give it to someone who you care about so the medallion could keep saving people.”

Sophia puts it around her neck making a radiate sound.

Sophia: “Hey King have you used it three times already.”

Jax thought who or what would make him use it three times.

King: “Well one time I used it was because Ash lost his mind, the other two are from my sisters Rhea and Callista who are my very destructive sisters. I have more brothers and sisters but they are the only ones that are worth my time. They are twisted to me but caring somewhat to others which is really weird.”

Sophia and Astrid giggled at King’s thought.

Jax: “So guys I want to get extra help with training Sophia, especially if you want to be a paladin you gotta know how to defend against any attack and magic, defence should really be your top priority. Next is you, Astrid, what you need to focus on is your magic attack, especially your lightning bolt and how you can use it with your other attacks.”

Astrid: “Hey King can you teach me how to make your tornado skill. I would like to combine it with my lightning to make it a combined skill.”

King agreed to Astrid’s request.

King: “Wait, who are we going to bring on to help these two.”

Jax: “Well this is the hard part, it's the light brothers and their little wolf friend.”

Astrid shouted in disagreement: “How could we ally with those people who killed Isabel!”

King agreed with Astrid: “We can’t possibly do this Jax. It is hard letting her die in pain but to ally with the killers!”

Jax defused the argument: “We need help keeping you two safe and be able to handle a war. Remember we are not going to do a little skirmish, it's going to last a while if we are going against a dark warrior that even my foresight had to warn me about.”

Astrid turned to Sophia: “Do you want them to come or do you want to do this by ourselves.”

Everyone looked at Sophia to see what her answer was.

Sophia: “Well I don’t forgive them but we do need their help if we are going to be in a long war still, I hate them.”

Jax smiled and the others sighed and agreed with it. 

Jax: “There is the planner I saw when we first met.”

Jax patted her head and Sophia got frustrated with the head pat.

Sophia: “I am not a little girl you know!”

She moved her head out of the way from Jax’s hand. Astrid smiled with content with how Sophia is growing up. The wood crackled giving King a spirit boost, he got up from the campfire and started walking into the forest.

King yelled out while walking away: “I am going to train you, so try to get some sleep.”

Jax agreed: “Yeah we should get some sleep so we can get those idiots tomorrow, I will sleep outside you and Astrid can sleep in the wagon.”

Sophia laid down and just rubbed the medallion and went to sleep. 

 

The next day they rode back to the town with two summoned fire horses pulling the wagon. Everyone looked at the rubble that used to be Mount Olympus, everyone in town was full of sorrow and despaired to see their protection in ruin.

King whispered to Sophia: “Do you feel bad or pity for your hometown?”

Sophia answered: “No and it's probably for the better, they relied on the gods too much.”

Astrid commented: “Yeah they need to wake up, the gods only cared because it benefited them in some way and nothing else so as soon as that stopped it would end all the same just the temple is not gone.”

They walked to the inn they stayed in before, Astrid checked her purse.

Astrid: “I am getting low on funds. If we keep getting two rooms and buying all these things then we are going to have to go on quests.”

Sophia giggled: “Then we can just send King to go do it.”

King: "Hey don’t even think about”

King heard what Sophia said. Astrid asked the inn keep if they saw the light brothers and a wolf lady.

Astrid: “Did you see the light brothers by any chance? We need to talk to them.”

Inn keep: “Yeah they are upstairs on the right but when they came in they were pretty beat up.”

Jax walked up the stairs while King, Sophia, and Astrid stayed downstairs to talk among themselves.

King Added: “Yeah that is the least they deserve after what they did."

Jax opened the door on the right to find the brothers on their beds bandaged up and Sarah sitting in a chair next to Grim.

Jax: “Oh, I see Grim found someone who likes him.”

Sarah hops out of her chair and pulls out a dagger, she runs at Jax with the dagger in her left hand. Jax dodges right and grabs her arm then puts his hand to the back of her head, slamming her face to the ground.

Jax: “I only came to talk but that is out the window now.”

He lets go of her and walks to the chair that is beside Grim and then sits down. 

Sarah: “So if you don’t want to kill us then what do you want with us then?”

Jax looked at Grim who had multiple gashes and bruises: “I am here to heal them so I can ask them questions.”

Sarah put her dagger away after she got up from being put on the floor.

Sarah: “Well how would you heal these wounds.”

She showed Jax Grim’s deep cut in the middle of his chest that bled profusely. Jax pulls out a strange potion that is glowing red like magma and bubbling.

Jax: “This should help them but it costs a fortune so they better hear me out or they are going to be put back into that bed.”

Jax pours the potion on their open wounds sealing the wounds immediately.

Sarah: “Woah that potion is amazing!"

The wounds sealed themselves at a rapid rate.

Jax: “Yeah it is great but this potion still isn't strong enough to heal Isabel.”

Grim and Creed awaken from their coma-like state all drearily.

Jax: “Alright now that you are up I would like to give you a proposition.”

 

Meanwhile downstairs, “WHAT DID YOU CALL ME!” Astrid roared at King for calling her names again.

King: “What it’s a good name it suits you.”

Sophia is in the middle holding off Astrid from trying to kill King.

Astrid: “NO it is not a good name, lightning fingers is a really stupid name!”

Astrid's face is red from anger.

Sophia: “Hey Astrid please calm down, it is only a name.

Sophia tried her hardest to defuse the situation, Jax came down the stairs to the mess that was about to unravel.

Jax: “Everyone please settle down we have new traveling mates. Now I know we all are pretty tense about what happened the other day but the only reason you two are not dead is that Ash didn’t want us to be blamed for killing the world’s heroes, especially you Astrid. Ash said you are still the queen of your kingdom and will be attacked for killing the heroes thinking you are part of a big evil scheme to destroy the world so keeping them alive makes it look like you are helping the heroes.”

Astrid looked at the light brothers with pure disgust and hatred.

Astrid: “You are lucky Ash cares about me and I care about him but you Sarah, Ash said nothing about not killing you.”

Grim interjected: “Astrid I know you want revenge and that is one trait Ash likes about you but we need all the people we can get to fight this war and I know Ash loves a woman who thinks her plans through.”

Astrid knew what he was doing: “You know nothing that Ash likes and I know what you are trying to pull, Ash put Jax in charge so I will follow his lead.”

She changes the subject before she kills them. 

Astrid: “Alright so what are we going to do with Sophia’s training, she is going to be my god of protection.”

Astrid squeezes her with a big hug and Sophia tries to escape her grasp before she passes out.

Sophia: “Please let me go, you are starting to feel like a mother.”

Astrid lets go and yelps: “I am a mother, I never thought I would be a mother before.”

She thought and imagined all the things she could do and how it would affect the relationship with Ash. She gets flustered from all the ideas in her head.

Jax: “Ohkay, Astrid has her head in the clouds, let's talk about what we are going to do when we get there. Sarah, how have you been holding up since the fight.”

Sarah held her arm: “Umm my arm is the only part that took the brunt of the attack from Astrid’s lightning. Also, I still have nightmares from that day I met Ash.”

King comforts her: “You will be okay, no need to worry, you have me to talk about it.”

Creed walks to a table and spreads out a map showing where the war will take place.

Creed: “Here is where a small army of fully trained deadly soldiers are resigning at. They are a thousand soldiers but one can take on one hundred soldiers, they don’t take outside help besides the hero the gods have chosen for them. The name of this army is The Silver Swordsmen which is basically a lie because it is not the swords that shine like silver, it is but their armor that shines bright. Yeah, their armor is just silver from what I heard which is weird because usually, foot soldiers have iron armor but the swords, It is a pledge sword.”

Grim asked what a pledge sword is.

Sophia: "The pledge sword is where every single soldier pledges their soul to a god and the more they believe the stronger the swords are but never stop believing because the sword is now your soul and if it breaks you will die.”

Grim: “Wow Sophia that is why you all the children of Athena are judged highly.”

Grim appraised Sophia, Sophia gave Grim the cold shoulder while Creed continued his info with everyone.

Creed: “Alright now with that done let me continue, okay so The Silver Swordsmen are dangerous now the other side is The Iron Legion which has one of the biggest armies anyone has ever seen, but they are also lacking in training which also means a lack in leadership. Silver swordsmen have no problems with leadership and planning, they are the perfect army, the only problem is numbers. Now The Iron Legion can throw as many soldiers as it wants and still have a huge amount left.”

Grim askes: “Jax what army are we going to aid.

Astrid finished having her head in the clouds and came back to her senses.

Astrid: “I chose to repel bloodshed and it would feel like The Silver Swordsman will fall because thousand is so small compared to a hundred thousand but I am going to go with The Iron Legion. They have horrible gear and untrained soldiers which will cause errors in many ways like if there is a trap or when to advance and when to hold back.”

Sophia added: “It can be life or death for your whole army if you run and trip a trap that sets a whole acre of land on fire.”

Jax got everyone's attention: “So do we agree that we are going to aid The Iron Legion.”

They all agree with King saying his little remark. 

King: “Well I did want to kill as many people as I can but that might have to wait till we get Ash back.”

Sarah grits her teeth to hold back her words.

Grim: “Yeah let's go with this and we light brothers have a good reputation with them.”

Jax walks up to Sarah and Grim then gives them a serious look putting them in a flinching stance.

Jax: “If we meet with Ash again, you two need to make amendments, or else he is going to drag this world to hades and nothing can stop his unrelenting anger.”

After the two agreed to apologize to Ash they went to Astrid then Sophia and King.

Grim and Sarah: “We are very sorry for what happened and We will never overreact again.”

Sophia half accepted their sorry still aching from the loss.

Sophia: “Sorry but I can’t forgive you Grim for what you did to my best friend and Sarah you too for attacking her but I hope you can somehow make it up to us for being the actual evil here.”

Creed also stepped in to apologize too, having guilt on his conscience.

Creed: “Sorry I didn't think Ash could be so nice to people besides King even then King and Ash weren’t as close as you and Astrid.”

Astrid blushed a little, it was noticeable that King commented: “You better make a good wife or I am going to kill you.”

Astrid immediately punched him clean in the jaw knocking him off his chair. Everyone prepared for tomorrow so they can depart as early as they can. 

 

 

Tomorrow came by in a flash, Jax was in a dilemma.

Jax: “I don’t want to leave a perfectly good wagon behind but going by a dragon would be faster and we would cut the time down to two days instead of five, what do you think Sophia dragon or wagon.”

Sophia thought for a bit then made her choice after a good second.

Sophia: “We should go by the dragon considering both armies get heroes and your foresight is probably showing the “hero” of The Silver Swordsmen, it is probably a bloodbath if we don’t stop him.”

Jax praises Sophia: “I knew you were the perfect person to ask, thanks, Sophia.”

Jax gathers the group after all the preparation was done and ready.

Jax: “Now everyone, we are going to take my dragon to get there. Does anyone have a problem with that?”

Grim raised his hand then King smacked him in the back of the head.

King: “Just say it you idiot this is not a school.”

Everyone laughed at Grim who put his hand down and spoke what was on his mind.

Grim: “Ow that hurt you dick. What I wanted to ask was how long would it take and when will we strike once we get there.”

Jax took no time answering the questions: “In three days, it will take us one day to gather ourselves when we make it there and the two days it will take us to get there in the first place. Now any more questions, ask them now because it is pretty hard to hear up there.”

Sophia mutters a question: “Will Ash be there.”

King without a thought: “Of course he will be there he might come later or already be there but he will.”

Grim threw his two cents in: “Awe you will be a great father if you had anyone who liked you.”

Creed chuckled with Grim until Sarah smacked the both of them in the head.

Sarah: “You know women only like you because you are famous at least King has a type while you Grim probably like those annoying high-class women or those tramps.”

Astrid chortled with glee to see them get punked around, everyone got on the dragon and headed to the war. 

 

 

#

 

 

Nicolas: “Hero Ash, we are ready to move out, we just need your orders, sir.”

Ash walks out of the tent with general Nicolas by his side. He announces to everyone, getting their attention with a deep voice.

Ash: “Everyone, do you believe in your god!”

Ash yelled out, the soldiers shouted out in unison “Yes''.

Ash gave a short encouragement: “Then make him feel proud that you serve him, make sure any other god regrets not having you as their loyal soldiers!”

They shout in joy, Ash turns to Nicolas wearing a smug smile.

Ash: “So now that they feel encouraged we should head out but first I should change so I don’t get recognized by the other hero.”

Nicolas: “But why don’t you want the other hero to know who you are.”

Ash: “I might know the hero and I don’t want them to change or help me in any way or I lose my only chance to return a loved one back to life.”

Nicolas apologized for asking have a great shame hovered above him.

Ash: “No need to apologize, now you know why I am doing this and no other motives so you don’t have to be suspicious. I will need the blackest armor you have my good second.”

Nicolas: “Right away Ash.”

Nicolas snaps his fingers and a full set of black armor, the armor is mostly made out of ebony leather with pieces of metal holding straps and other things together. He wore a dark gray undershirt with tiny chainmail links on the outside that are charcoal black, the greeves are also ebony leather with pouches on the hips to hold throwing knives and other assortments. There are iron pads for his knees and dark brown boots with an iron lining on the edge of the boots.

Ash: “This will do nicely, the weird part is next, I will change my face.”

Ash pulls a mirror out of the abyss which amazes everyone but while everyone is so amazed he looks into the mirror and looks at his face.

Ash: “Who should I change it to."

After some thinking, he comes up with an idea: “How about my brother Rich, I bet he wouldn't mind if I use his face then again we are still iffy about things. I guess I should change some of his features so his face matches my body.”

He says “change” which starts making his face glow up being unable to see the change. After the glow stopped, his face changed into his brothers who had a scar across his left eye and dark brown hair. His features looked more distinguished than Ash’s.

Ash: “At least I didn’t use my twin brother's face or that wouldn't have done anything.”

Fang asked: “Umm how many brothers do you have.”

Ash tosses the mirror back into the portal: “I have three brothers and four sisters if you wanted to know my full family well, that would take a lot of time that we do not have. So yeah, I have a lot of siblings but none of them care for me except my older sister Rose.”

Fang thought about Ash’s siblings and how they would look, Ash started working on his voice.

Ash used a rough voice: “Now let's complete this mission.”

Ash said in a rough voice imitating his older brother Rich. They went to the battlefield which looked like a wasteland, the sky was full of dark stormy clouds and the ground was dead and cracked and even looked grey. The valley ran far and the stormy clouds followed, the clouds meaning the gods are watching this war. 

 

 

#

 

 

 

The squad arrives at the bridge where five thousand soldiers are standing at the edge of it, ready for an attack.

Nicolas: “Alright before we attack this is Ash he just changed his face so other heroes won’t recognize him, the next task is for Brick and Tessa to go get their attention and run off the bridge so that Ash’s trap will work right when all of them are on the bridge. Now go.”

Nicolas gave them orders and they took off to accomplish them.

Ash: “Alright now let me do my work.”

Ash said in his normal voice. Ash put his hands on the edge of the bridge and quietly spoke out the magic.

Ash: “For those who are not patient shall be burned as punishment, level five eternal flame trap.”

He then made an invisible outline of the bridge so the whole bridge will be set ablaze.

Ash: “It's time Nicolas.”

The two-run back and jump over Ash who has his palms against the floor waiting for them to get closer.

“Get ready for some beautiful lights.”

Everyone waits impatiently seeing the big wave of soldiers get closer to them. The three reapers ready the twenty of their soldiers in a spear position. Ash yells out “Now” and a whole rectangle barrier forms around the bridge all the way to the other side, all the soldiers inside burst into flames melting into a pile of ashes.

“And that is why my name is Ash.”

Everyone is astonished by his power.

Tessa: “You wiped out thousands of soldiers in a blink of an eye.”

Ash snaps them out of it: “No need to praise me there is more coming, get ready.”

Nicolas yells his battle cry and everyone charges into the fight onto the bridge against three hundred soldiers. Tessa swipes her huge big sword downward smashing three guys into the ground, Brick did a big side swipe hitting eight soldiers off the bridge.

Ash shoots out swarms of bugs “level two fire locusts” the bright green bugs rips the flesh off and burn the people it hits. The locusts kill twenty-five people instantly from fatal wounds and smash into forty more burning them, making the skin of the people hit, burn off. Nicolas sends his special move “Reapers level five” in which three grim reapers come from the ground with scythes and tattered robes and a face and body of a skeleton.

They start tearing through enemy soldiers cutting them in half and sucking the souls out of the others. The twenty-foot soldiers power their blades turning them blue and all at once launching a sword slash that goes through fifty soldiers. They continue until no one is standing and all that is left are bodies.

Ash: “Did we lose anyone.”

Ash says trying to make sure.

Footsoldier: “No sir, all twenty of us are alive, only one suffered a wound to the shoulder and will have to send him back.”

One of the officers of the foot soldiers reported.

Ash: "There is no need to send him back, where is he.”

They walk him over to Ash with a cloth wrapped around his chest, the rag was fully stained with blood. The stab wound seems to be fatal.

Injured soldier: “It is just a flesh wound, no need to worry about me, sir.”

The hurt soldier breathed out.

Ash: “No, I will have no casualties in this war, we can’t be losing good soldiers when we don’t have many to lose in the first place.”

Ash tells him to lay down then he hovers his hands over the open wound and commands “Dragon Healing” which starts closing the wound immediately and in about five seconds the healing fully restores his chest back to the state it was before the battle.

Ash: “There, it should be fully healed and ready to go.”

The soldier picks himself up from the ground and starts feeling up his chest.

Soldier: “Wow it feels amazing thank you, sir.”

Ash gives his next orders: “Alright we need to bring everyone to the bridge now so we can make it a stronghold. You take four others with you and relay the message, we need everyone here as soon as possible. Once they realize they lost the bridge they are going to want to take it back but we can capture a castle while they are busy trying to retake the bridge. Then they would either retreat or try to retake the castle but then we will already have a big chunk of land taken.”

The five soldiers left to give the message to the camp.

Tessa: “Sir who is going to take over the castle while the others hold off the hordes of soldiers.”

Ash puts on a gold skull helmet: “I will stay here, all the reapers, and soldiers will take the castle but first we need to know which castle sends the most soldiers which will leave them vulnerable.”

Nicolas put his helmet back on: “We will leave no trace of life left.”

Ash nods in agreement: “Neither will I.”

Ash puts a cape and clips it onto the back of his shoulders. The helmet/mask covers the entirety of Ash’s face only leaving his eyes. Ash starts shouting his magic spells.

Ash: “Superspeed level five, super strength level five, death's touch level five, hellfire armor level three, and flight level five. Now my demon guardians help me in this battle so you may serve me longer.”

Three demons arise from the ground parting the earth to crawl out, the first one has skin as bright as lava with manly features and horns, the second is a woman that has the coloring of plum and black armor, black hair, and huge bat wings.

The third demon is a two-headed wolf that was the size of two buildings and the color of white and red layers of fur.

The female demon: “We heard your call but why are you dressed like this.”

The female demon asked, curious about his adventures.

Ash: “I am trying to hide from my friends because I can’t have them help me. Now that I brought you here it is time to have fun with the people of this world.”

The Male demon: “I thought I would never get to go out and have fun.”

The male demon with a toothy grin.

Female demon: “Are you sure you can go and have fun, it’s been a while since you summoned us.”

The female demon questioned his answer.

Ash: “If you wait, there are going to be thousands of soldiers ready to be slaughtered but all you have to do is wait with me.”

Ash added to his answer. The two humanoid demons had a twisted smile and the wolf howled at the sky. Brick and Tessa walked to Ash to compliment him.

Brick: “Wow you really destroyed them, yeah that is why the dark brothers are feared by everyone!”

Ash shouted out to the sky: “Tracker come out, I know you were watching the battle!” 

Tracker’s shroud wears off, turning him visible as he jumps off from one of the four tall pillars holding the bridge together.

Tracker: “How did you know I was there watching?”

Ash told him how he figured it out: “I made sure I know what your auras feel like. Next time make sure everything about you is invisible before spying on someone.”

Tracker tensed up thinking he was going to be punished.

Ash: “Relax I am not going to kill you or anything, I just need people to follow orders if this plan is going to work out.”

Tracker apologized to Ash.

Brick: “You idiot, you are making the reapers look bad.” Brick slugs Tracker in the arm most likely leaving a bruise. After Brick punched Tracker, Tessa gut-punched Brick.

Tessa: “You are more of an idiot for trying to pick a fight with the hero who will save us.”

Tracker picked himself back up and asked Ash with grogginess: “Do I scout out the area to see who has the weaker force.”

Ash responded: “That will help me come up with more plans so yes but if you are seen, I want you to return immediately. I can’t lose good soldiers.”

Tracker nodded and sprinted with speed to the castle on the left in the distance.

Ash: “Now you three and soldiers are waiting; we must keep this bridge in our control. So how long will it take them to get here Nicolas.”

Nicolas took an educated guess: “Probably about three hours or less, we are really small compared to other armies.”

Ash, satisfied with the way things are going: “I guess we wait until they come back. So Brick and Tessa, how do you think I did.”

Brick is the first to answer: “I had no clue a small person like you can hold so much power.”

Tessa grinned: “I am satisfied with how you are keeping everything in check, and I am overjoyed with how stronger you are. You will be the perfect mate.”

Ash kind of dodged the last part of her answer: “Well I am happy you guys are satisfied, it is time to show the rest of the reapers my power so I have absolute rule.”

Ash started to enjoy himself and it showed even through his mask the demons felt his malicious seeping out which riled them up.

Female Demon: “Ash, why don’t we go for a little stroll to one of the neighboring castles.”

The female demon said in a seductive tone.

Ash: “No, we will wait here, so that the fun will come to us.”

Ash laughed like it was some inside joke no one else would get. 

 

Two hours passed and a soldier that was posted for lookout spotted the rest of the army in the distance.

Soldier: “General Nicolas they are here, the rest of the army has arrived!”

Nicolas with a proud smile on his face: “Alright Ash: we seem to be all here what do we do now.”

Ash turns around to see all the soldiers awaiting his orders: “All of you will take one castle while I hold the bridge. They will all come to take the bridge so the castle will be left defenseless! Also, Tracker should be here any minute.”

After saying that Tracker uncloaks himself: “Already here sir, I scouted out both castles and it looks like the castle to the left has all their soldiers ready to move out just like you predicted.”

Ash: “Hey Nicolas I know you were probably born in the war but I see five reapers and not six. Is there one that died and you just wanted to keep morale up?”

Nicolas laughed: “Yes I was born in the war but no, the sixth reaper is still alive. She is pretty uptight when it comes to who is the better fighter and she wanted to prove we didn’t need your help. She should be coming back any time now, probably tired of fighting. You will know it's her just by her outfit alone.”

Ash chuckles: “Well I can’t wait to meet her.”

Fang flies to Ash with her bat wings that sprout from her back and land beside him.

Fang: “You can’t be serious, you are going to take on hordes of soldiers by yourself, at least let me aid you.”

Ash agreed to her request: “If you insist then it is fine but if you are overwhelmed just fall back to the bridge. They will soon be arriving.”

Ash turns to his army: “It is time for all of you to lead an all-out assault on the castle on the left, Nicolas will be leading you into battle, now move out everyone!”

Ash shouted out to all the soldiers and reapers.

Fang: “Ash, are you sure you can handle all those soldiers?”

Ash looked down at Fang: “Yes of course I can handle them, I only had you stay so I can prove it to you so you don’t have any more doubts about me.”

Ash looks at the wasteland thinking who their hero is and if he or she will show up. Everyone is heading towards the enemy stronghold that is left unguarded. He grows a twisted smile, awaiting the destruction to happen.

1