Ch 05. Homework
116 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Once when we had finished our ice creams, we said goodbye to Iris before starting our way home.

“Bye, Candy lady!”

“Bye bye!”

“See you soon, girls. Take care on your way home.”

“Yes!”

“Yesh!”

There are days when we talk for a bit longer, but considering what time it is, and the fact that my mind is busy planning on how to take revenge on Sotoka, there was no way for us to stay any longer.

“What's  on your mind, Eriko?”

“N-Nothing! I'm just… Trying to remember if I needed to stop and buy something for dinner! That's it!”

“Oh, okay. I thought you were planning something bad.”

“O-Of course I'm not!”

“Okay, okay. Fufu~”

We continued our walk through the streets of the town. Sotoka’s house is actually pretty close to mine, that's how we became childhood friends, and that means that there's no way for me to buy anything to prepare a trap for her without her noticing.

The streets were really calm so we continued our way home without any problems. There are a lot of trees on our route, and there's even a street that crosses over a river. In other words, this is a true countryside town.

“Well, this is your home, Eriko. See you tomorrow!”

“Goodbye, Sotoka. Take care!”

After I finished eating dinner, I went into the tub and started thinking on how to get my revenge.

It has to be something simple, something unexpected…

“There's no way for me to come up with something like that!”

“Are you okay, Eriko? It's not normal for you to shout while you are on the tub.”

“I-I’m fine…”

I plunged into the water for a few seconds and then decided to get out of the tub, after all, this isn’t working at all.

I put on my pajamas and get on my bed. As everyday, I started reading my book before actually trying to sleep.

“I wonder how she came up with something like that. Sotoka isn't smart enough to plot that on her own… Maybe she read it somewhere?”

As anyone could expect, I wasn't able to concentrate on my reading nor to come up with a plan, so I ended up giving up and putting my book on the nightstand next to my bed.

As I was looking at the ceiling thinking about how I wasn't able to come up with a plan nor to read any single page of my book, and all the time I wasted thinking unnecessary things, I had an idea. A truly amazing idea.

“This might work… But it's going to be hard. I need to prepare myself!”

I got up full of determination, lit up the lamp on my desk and started preparing my vengeance on Sotoka.

“There's no way for her to do something like this. Haha~”

Maybe I was tired, maybe it was the lack of sleep, or maybe I had finally descended into madness, but this plan seemed like the best idea I’ve had in years, so there was no way for me to turn back now.

12