Ch 32. Confession, Once More
70 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Once we paid for our desserts, we left the café and started heading to our next destination. However…

“Where are we going now, Eriko?”

“Anywhere should be fine, right?”

Indeed, right now, I couldn't care less about where we are going, because just being by Sotoka’s side is enough to fill my heart. However, going to a nice place could be the right step to do. After all, this is our first date.

“Maybe we should go and look for a park or maybe an aquarium? I guess those are some classic places to go during a date, right?”

“...”

Sotoka did not answer me, but I was so full of happiness that I couldn't understand her weird response, so I continued to aimlessly walk through the streets.

Of course, Sotoka wasn't going to let me go away, and she grabbed me by the wrist.

“Before that…”

“Uh…?”

Of course, that caught me off guard and I almost tripped myself. I turned myself so I could face Sotoka and saw her making a weird expression. She was worried about something, that's another cute view that I should add to my list of wonderful faces she is able to do.

“I don't like things being this blurry!”

She shouted while clenching her fists. She looked like a kid who was about to throw a tantrum about something. Sadly, there was no way to understand what she was talking about with so few words, so I ended up asking her, hoping that she wouldn't end up being mad at me.

“W-What do you mean, Sotoka? Sorry, I don't get what…”

“We need to make this clear!”

Sotoka shouted at me once again. Right now, she was pointing at me with her index in a somehow defiant pose. She was clearly into something, but once again, I don't get what she is going about.

“Now, say it!”

“W-What?!”

“I-I love…?”

“No, not that!”

“Then what?!”

“What are we now?!”

“Uh?!”

That's what she was talking about?

But, now that she mentioned it… Even if she says that she loves me, and I also say that I love her back, even if we kiss each other and hold our hands… Are we really different than we were just a minute ago?

Don't get me wrong, of course we haven't kissed each other befores this, and even if we used to hold hands from time to time, the feeling behind those actions were totally different.

However, we were in fact in love with each other, so, to put it simply, what did change? Is the acknowledgement of the feelings the other has enough to change how two friends relate between them?

“Do you mean… Do we really need to say it?”

“Of course! That's how it works!”

“But…”

What should I do? Holding hands is one thing, even friends do that! But, right now, the idea of holding her hand in front of the eyes of the passerby makes me really nervous, and let's not talk about kissing each other!

But, putting a name to a relationship is something that sounds so serious and official that it really scares me. Next time I need to introduce her to someone should I say that she is my…?! Can I actually say something like that?!

I could feel the blood rushing to my head while I was thinking about that troublesome stuff. My knees lost their strength and they ended up bending, making me fall to the ground right on my butt. My cheeks were burning red, I was able to tell that, however, Sotoka didn't move a single inch.

“N-Now, say it!”

I could tell, by the little trembling that was in her voice, that Sotoka was nervous too. After all, this is a really serious matter. However, this is something I need to do if I want to continue by her side. Allright, let's do this!

“W-Would…”

“Would…?”

“Would you go out with me?!”

All right, I’ve done it this time, however…

“Of course I will!”

This time, I was able to say it in the right way. Sotoka jumped to me and hugged me, right in the middle of the sidewalk. Even if I was on the ground, she jumped to me because her feelings were real, just as mine.

The pure and simple yet complicated feeling of wanting to be with the other as long as we can.

 

Want to keep reading? Cheek on my Patreon until Ch 35!

10