Ch 38. Afternoon Talk: Love
41 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Once everything was taken out of Sapphire’s car, we walked to the rocks that were nearby and started setting up our fishing spot.

As always, Sapphire assembled a beach chair, grabbed a beer out of the cooler and covered her face with her hat brim.

“That girl… Isn't it hard to believe that she is actually our teacher…?”

Clair said with some glimpses of superiority in her voice while looking away from where Sapphire has just laid herself.

Even if she is saying something like that, it was clear that she wasn't angry at all, just what's the deal between those two?

On the other hand, Kasumi had already calmed herself and was sitting right next to Sotoka, holding her fishing rod and waiting for something to bite the bait.

“Hey Kasumi…”

“You know…”

Just when I was about to start talking to her, she did the same, and so both of us went silent once again. We stayed like that for a few seconds that felt like an eternity. It was such an awkward situation that I decided to talk once more, but this time, just to ask her what she was about to say.

“What were you trying to say…?”

“Well, you see…”

Kasumi went silent in the middle of what she was saying, and stood like that, with her eyes lost in the vast sea, for a few seconds before continuing talking. I don't know if it's just me, but this is slowly turning into a really annoying situation.

“I think I might be in love…”

After hearing those words come out of Kasumi's mouth, I jumped back, away from her. However, before I could realize, I was jumping back to where Sotoka was and pulling her away from Kasumi’s side.

“S-She is mine, you know?!”

“Uh…?”

“Come on, Sotoka, tell her that you are mine!”

“W-Well, you see Kasumi…”

“I'm not talking about her, Eriko! Hahaha!”

“Ugh…”

I could feel my blood rushing to my head and the feeling of fever going through my face. This was so shameful…

I looked at Sotoka's face in order to get a glimpse of her thoughts about what had just happened, but she was already laughing the matter away. Just seeing that made my heart feel warm, God, I really l…

“As I was saying,  I met this girl… She was really cute and cool, but there was also something more… A rare species indeed…”

Kasumi was looking at her feet while saying those words. In fact, there were some signs of embarrassment on her expression and body lenguaje. I guess she can also be cute sometimes. 

“Uh? So you are interested in a girl, Kasumi?”

The one asking the question was Clair.

“I-Is something wrong about that?”

“Nothing at all. But I’ve never imagined you to.”

“It just happened that the person I’m interested in is a girl, right? It's the same for you two, no?”
Kasumi asked me and Sotoka, searching for approval.

Now that I think about it, even if I'm going out with Sotoka, what would have happened if she was a he? Would our relationship have developed the same way it has? What are her thoughts about the matter? <Would you still love me if I was a boy?> Doesn't that sound like a really stupid question?

While I was thinking about it, Clair was the one who started talking.

“I don't know… I’ve never fell for a man, but I’ve, in fact, fell for plenty of girls, so I dont think it is the same to fell with someone even if she is a girl or because she is a girl. Even if my heart continue to be broken, I don't think I’ll ever be able to fell for a man.”

“Mhmm…”

Everyone stood silent for a while immersed in their own thoughts. Love can be really complicated sometimes.

Right when I was about to say something to break this uncomfortable silence, something bit on Kasumi’s rod.

After that and before we were able to tell, we were talking, laughing and smiling once again, enjoying our club’s activity, enjoying our youth.

6