Chapter 10 – 700 Years Have Passed… And I’m Bored!
475 5 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Mmph... Mngrf..."

I rolled around in my bed, trying to avoid the sun's rays that were entering my sleepy eyes. After a fruitless back-and-forth rolling session, I slowly sat up and rubbed my eyes.

As my vision started to focus, I stretched my arms, trying to get rid of the muscle stiffness I got from sleeping. The morning sunshine can now be clearly seen from the window at my bedside. My eyes were now awake.

I got out of bed, into my slippers, and did my daily routine in the bathroom. The water I splashed on my face made me fully awake.

Next, I made my way downstairs to prepare breakfast for myself. Since I had no helper, it was mostly me who cooked my meals, the other times I either eat outside or order takeout.

Lighting the stove with fire magic, I started to cook.

I'll admit that I am not that great of a chef, but at least I can cook an egg. If I had a chef's hat on right now, it would only show one fold.

During this, I also would heat water into and prepared the tea leaves.

After a while, the kettle boiled. I poured the hot water into a cup and add the leaves. The leaves dissolved in the water.

The tea leaf in this world is very convenient. I would never have to worry about the hassle that teabags brought again.

Unfortunately, there was no rice in this world. It was really hard for me to adapt to it during my first few months here, but over time, I've gotten used to the alternatives. In this case, bread.

I took a loaf, placed the recently cooked scrambled egg, and placed another loaf on top of it.

Boom.

Egg sandwitch.

Get it?

Sandwitch?

........

...No?

Okay.

I tried.

I placed my plate and tea on a small tray and made my way upstairs again. This time, I took a different route and made my way towards the terrace.

Putting the tray on top of the table I had previously set up for this purpose, I said a little prayer thanking the food and ate, taking in the scenery before me.

Langle field is situated above a large hill, and because I was currently dining on my second-floor terrace, I had a good view of the Human Empire. The sun's morning brightness illuminated the land, enabling me to see a few tiny towns that inhabited the land. On the horizon, albeit small, the tall structure of the Royal Palace can be seen, along with the capital walls that surrounded it.

Top this off with the vivid colors of the blend between the structures of man and nature, the sounds of the birds chirping as they were flying across the azure sky that was being masterfully mixed with the yellow and orange hues of the sun, and the gentle morning breeze hitting my skin, the sight before my eyes once again made me thankful that I get to live another day.

I sat that there drinking my tea, enjoying the beautiful scenery before me.

A total of 700 years had passed since I was brought to this world. During these long times, I've experienced a lot. The journey was a rollercoaster ride of emotions for me, and now, I was finally starting to enjoy my peaceful, isolated life, occasionally helping the people of Sirvaelin with their top-tier job requests.

However, my story isn't over.

It continues.

It goes on.

Life goes on.

And since I was given a second chance in life by the grace of a goddess, I'm going to live every second of my neverending life to the fullest.


After breakfast, I placed the dishes at the sink and took a quick shower, before dressing up.

These were the same clothes that I wore during my first day in this world. First came the white dress, followed by the vest, then the ribbon with the green gem (to which I still do not know its true function, so I assume it is only for design), and finally, the cloak with the cool designs on it.

I had these clothes duplicated by a skilled tailor (aside from the emerald), so I had a dozen or so spares of these clothes in my stock. All except this set are at the laundry bin at the moment, so I made a mental note to do the laundry soon.

After getting dressed, I put on my socks and shoes before going outside, heading towards the mailbox.

Every day, a bunch of job requests would appear in my mailbox, with each day having different numbers of letters on it. Somedays there would only be less than three, and on a busy day, there would be more than ten. Often the rewards for these were big, due to the quests usually being S-tier.

I've been doing this same routine over and over again for over 600 years now. And since I don't spend a lot that often, the amount of gold I accumulated out of it could no longer fill my wallet.

Or even a room to the brim.

At the moment two of my sixteen rooms in the mansion were purely dedicated to storing my funds.

Sometimes I pondered on what to do with this overflow of money. I could probably build another infrastructure or donate it to some charity, but I was too lazy to do the former and I didn't know any nearby charities to donate them to, so they mostly remained there sitting around, as it grows year by year.

Now back to the mailbox.

"...Huh?"

For the first time in a while, my mailbox was empty.

There were no job requests for me at the moment.

This event occurs, but rarely. It usually occurs at least once a month.

Heading back to my house, I undressed and threw myself on the couch. Dust flew around as I did so.

I lay there, staring at the ceiling.

...

......

........

I'm bored.

"I'm bored!" I shouted out loud.

Nobody heard me.

Hmm.

This mansion is pretty lonely.

Maybe I could let a few people rent and live here? Just so that I'll have some company.

But there's the problem that they might steal stuff while I was gone though, so it had to be someone trustworthy.

"Hmm."

I just realized that I was in my underwear.

I need to get rid of this habit of being in my undies if I was going to allow people to live here.

Getting up, I went to my room and put on a t-shirt and shorts. I had a lot of clothes aside from the ones I wear for "work", giving me more options to choose from.

Looking at my reflection in the body mirror I bought for myself, the clothes were perfect for my figure.

Ever since I got a new body I've been trying out different clothes. Since I now had free reign over it compared to my previous life, I can now do poses and stuff.

Even my proportions weren't this big in my old body.

Honestly, I'm pretty hot.

I went downstairs and started washing the dishes, mostly because I have nothing to do.

If I was to start welcoming people here, I need to tidy up.

"........"

That was the problem.

This place is an absolute mess.

I've been wanting to avoid the topic, but it was so bad to the point where it simply couldn't be ignored.

Dust was everywhere, from the floor to the walls, tables, shelves, and other furniture. Beside me are piled-up plates that haven't been washed for months. The kitchen had stains everywhere, and tiny bugs and creatures roamed around the house. The laundry bin was overflowing with unwashed clothes, to the point where actual flies were swarming over it. Even the pool, the place in my mansion I take pride in, was heavily covered in green algae, which made swimming literally impossible. It looked more like a swamp than anything.

As much as I try to remove the mess from my mind, it does nothing to remove the chores that were on standby.

I repeat.

The mansion is a mess.

The reason?

I was lazy to do chores.

You may find it hard for a girl like me to be this lazy, but hear me out.

Back on Earth, I was pampered by my parents due to my illness. I couldn't do that many physical activities, and that included chores. Mostly my mom was the one who took care of the chores in my stead.

When I got reincarnated into this world, there were maids and servants in the Royal Palace, so I never got to do any chores there, either.

It was only during my first few weeks alone that I learned how to do them, mostly due to the training that was given to me by my comrades.

It was there that I learned that chores were a burden.

Doing chores every day over a span of hundreds of years can get old pretty fast, so it came to the point where I did it when I felt like it.

I blame my immortality for my laziness.

"Ugh... Chores..."

I've just finished washing my breakfast utensils, but there was still a month's load of work to go.

If only I could get someone to do them for me instead.

That would make my life easier.

".......!"

Aha!

I've got it!

A genius idea popped into my head, courtesy of yours truly.

If I want someone trustworthy to live in my house and is willing to clean up my mess, who do I get?

A maid, of course!

Honestly.

Sometimes I'm so smart it's actually scaring me.

Well, anyway.

Washing my hands, I got some money from the money room and shoved them in my pocket. Then I went out and made my way to Sirvaelin.

Only then I realized that I was still wearing my house clothes going to town. But I've only realized this too late since the house was too far at this point to go and turn back.

Well, I guess this could do.

My arms and thighs need exposure like this once and a while. I have to give them air to "breathe", whatever that means.

Maybe I could buy some new clothes on the way? I had money after all.

But before that, I need to go inquire in the town hall.

14