Chapter 4
20 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hide brought me to a place near a river...

When I saw the river, I ask hide 

"Hide there is a river here... shouldn't it be filled with fish and other livings...?"

Hide laugh... and said while looking left and right.

"Yes there is a river here... but apparently there is no fish... nothing except rock here..."

 "I understand what you meant... shouldn't if the river is where it will be filled with Fish(food) and more... but sadly there is nothing in the river here"...

I think for a while..and said 

"So the river.. the tree.. the forest is just a decoration here?"

Hide shook his head...

"That is also not the truth as well"
"I've asked the granny and other senior people here... sometimes they saw fishes, crab and etc" 
"And not long after the sighting... it will disappear..." 
"I seldom heard people eating fish, crab, rice or anything here and apparently there is no crop to harvest too... and people rely on the forest for herbs and mushrooms..."

"So people here get their benefit from the environment  here but rarely happens "

I nod and thought...
{Apparently, people do get food from forests, but again why the low rate drop?... is there is a low concentration of mana?}
{Sadly I do not know what denominators that are using here}

While thinking back Hide objectives, another question pops up.

"Hide, I've been wondering why do we need to enter the ruling group here to find food and drinks.. shouldn't we be able to drink from this river and just scavenge mushrooms and herbs from the forest ?"

Hide look at me and nod.

"Indeed I have the same thought as well... but you can see that even with water alone, the people here unable to change their spiritual body and energy"

"Well almost all of them is the case" Hide smile awkwardly while thinking something

Seeing his peculiar face... I ask 
"Almost all of them? is there any exception"

Hide look at me and scratch his sideburn, 
"Well, apparently that old woman is not..."

I nod a little while reminiscing the previous scene...
{Indeed, that granny seems a little bit different, to calmly strike Hide with no sign of fatigue and etc... it can't be she is using an illusion pretending as an old lady? right?}

Hide set his sight ahead after looking me contemplating... in his eyes.. he also had certain reasoning regarding that old granny.

After a few walks ahead we arrived at a junction...

Hide look at me while pointing at one of the routes..

"This route is towards Central District or folks here called Seiretei"

"Now beyond that point is a long road set around a vast stretching forest and this road will cut off at certain points.. beyond that point is wilderness till you teach another part of settlement(rukongai) till you reach the gate"

when i thought of wilderness reminds me of my world where there were demon beast and other live beast roaming in the wilderness. 

then i got an idea... i ask Hide :-

"Hide since this is the wilderness, maybe we can hunt for our food around here? instead of using your methods?"

Hide look at me and light chuckle..

"Kuro.. this part of forest is where shinigamis seldomly go to... plus the danger of a Hollow appears is higher here... and i have suspicion that people missing is related to that"

i was caught surprise for a moment... and the thought of disappearing for good eclipse in my mind..

" Hide... how likely that a hollow will be on our path.." 

Hide while looking ahead contemplating  with a grim face.. 

"Very likely"

then Hide let out a deep sigh while pick up stick with sharpen ends..

" Lets go.. better hurry lest those kids got eaten"

0