Chapter 28
217 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As if taking advantage of the Bull-creature, the Scraps appeared again in large numbers, throwing themselves at the formations of Kitsunes and leaving Kiko's group to deal with this bull alone. Seeing how well it's brother was pushing back an anchored metal robot, the Kitsunes quickly dispersed the tight formation and got into a mobile gathering. Kiko threw the rest of her knives at it, but might as well not have bothered. Big though the head was, her aim was not amazing and the thing actually dodged the one knife that was threatening to do more than graze or lodge in the horn. Though the knife was helpful in the fact that it showed this creature as not just a monster, but a monster with a brain.

Didn't mean it wasn't going to have base instincts however, and so it ran straight at the Kitsunes, who scattered out of the way and then lashed stabs and slashes at the beast with their long shafts. Harrowing the beast, they could not manage to get a good enough hit, only grazing at it's side. One Kitsune stepped in and thrust their spear with great force, but got stuck in the thick muscles of the beast, and the crunch of bone that followed the bull's backhand made it clear they weren't getting back up again.

Seeing this situation seriously turn against them, Kiko pulled off her necklace and be filled with fire in her veins. Violently tossing the spear at the beast and then setting off at a sprint, she caught it's attention with the powerful impact. It was only a few moments before she launched off the ground and up. Catching herself from overshooting on the beast's horns, she'd drag herself in and smash her foot against it's head. Planting her foot there, the handhold on the beasts horns would then be used to rip them out of it's skull.

The bull did not take kindly to that and grabbed Kiko as the horns ripped out, the grip crushingly tight as he slammed her against the ground and then threw her into a tree. Blood Moons were a resilient bunch, but even Kiko's vision was going grey as her body screamed in pain. Needed to get up, to attack, to kill! Hands curled into fists so tightly the nails dug into her palm, she stood up shakily and let out a scream. The bull, currently crushing the chest of another with it's hoof, looked over to Kiko with a surprised and shocked expression.

But, this was it. She was shattered, and the beast's hide was incredible. There was no way she'd be able to win. She had to....she needed....more. Something better. Something stronger. Her heart let out a beg, a demand, an order! If there was anything in the universe that was hers to hear the call, then do so now and come to her!

Not waiting for a reply, the Bull rushed at her, thundering gait stumbling some as a pair of Kitsunes drove their spears into it's thigh. A furious swipe that put the pair on the floor with a glance was all the distraction that was needed. Kiko unconsciously held out her hand and caught a sword that came screaming through the forest as if shot out of a cannon. A beautiful white blade, as if made out of the perfect, flawless diamonds. These diamonds immediately shifted into the deepest of blue as Kiko grasped it, and then she sliced clean through the fist thrown at her with it.

There was hardly any resistance as bone and flesh parted. Sliding through the fist as if not even there, there was also nothing stopping this fist from smashing into Kiko's face. Already having trouble staying on her feet, the blow took Kiko from consciousness immediately, shattering her nose and cracking her skull as she passed out....

10