Chapter 1- Stone Monkey
68 3 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chen Xi looked at the area around the mountain, before spotting his target. 

A monkey was standing from the tree tops, and there was nothing special about it from a first glance. But as Chen Xi looked at the monkey, a screen appeared in front of his face.


【Monkey】

Card Level: Bronze Level·Source Card

Card star rating: 1 stars

Card Type: Summon


Along with that screen appeared a list of possible evolution's, ranging from the weakest to the strongest according to potential. 

This was the cheat that Chen Xi gained when he arrived in this world. His ability allowed him to enter the world of the card itself, and see how to strengthen them.

The monkey was a basic 1 star bronze card that he received from the school, chosen by Chen Xi amongst a sea of other useless cards. Unfortunately, this was one of the few cards in his possession, since this body was orphan and didn't have enough to buy better cards.

The monkey card, as a basic card, had many evolution's that were either sub par or not worth the effort to gain. However, one evolution stood out to Chen Xi amongst the list.

[Fuse with 1 star Petrification Card to evolve into Stone Monkey Card]

This was the evolution stated to have the most potential, and the reason Chen Xi picked the monkey out of all the other cards.

Pulling out another card, Chen Xi looked at the information shown on the screen.


【Petrification】

Card Level: Bronze Level· Source Card

Card star rating: 1 stars

Card Type: Consumable Magic

Skill: Freezes the opponent for a small amount of time


This was the magic card that he had received along with his monkey summoning card. Although the teacher's questioned his unorthodox choices, since most students picked cards that would work well together, it was only reasonable since they didn't know about Chen Xi's ability.

Now, Chen Xi was going to use both of these cards to elevate his monkey to two stars.

"Begin Fusion"

Chen Xi felt his spiritual energy being drained as the both cards started to fuse together. The monkey, who was just relaxing, suddenly started to turn into stone. It spread throughout it's body, until the whole monkey became a statue.

But strangely enough, even with it's petrified body, it could still move just fine.

"It seems the fusion is complete." Chen Xi said with a sigh of relief. 

Taking a look at his brand new card, Chen Xi immediately used his ability to look up it's stats.


【Stone Monkey】

Card Level: Bronze Level·Source Card

Card star rating: 2 stars

Card Type: Summon

Skills:

[Stone Body]- Increases the defence and resistances of the user.

[Immense Strength]- Increases the strength of the user.


Chen Xi grinned wickedly as he looked at the card. He now had a two star Source Card.

Of course, since he was only a 1 star Card Master, using the card would siphon a lot of his spiritual energy, but Chen Xi was already satisfied.

The Stone Monkey has two skills, which places it on the top of bronze level. It could even go head to head with weaker silver level cards!

The annual competition in Sun City High School was about to begin for the first years, and Chen Xi planned on participating. The temptation of the prize, a silver level 2 star Source Card, was too much for a poor man like Chen Xi.

Of course, he only joined because he was confident in winning. As long as no one pulled out a gold level 2 star card or has reached the level of a 2 star Card Master, he was certain he could put up a decent fight. 

Deactivating his powers, Chen Xi looked around, the previous mountainous terrain turning into that of a normal room. This was Chen Xi's bedroom, being part of the house that was the last remainder of his missing parents.

The thought managed to kill the enthusiasm he gained from the successful evolution.

'Don't think about them yet Chen Xi, you are not powerful enough to know the truth.'

Their was no way his powerful parents and an influential clan could just disappear over night. In order to pull off something like that, the person who targeted his parents must have had immense strength.

And in order to know the truth, Chen Xi also needed to become that strong.

With that though in mind, he dragged his tired body onto the bed and went to sleep.

2