My heart will solely beat for you (2)
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My heart will solely beat for you (2)

...

I woked up in a daze. I looked around the room and noticed I was no longer inside my ward, but in a different room instead.

I tried to move, however, I wasn't able to. My limbs felt extremely weak, this must be the side effects of having my illness relapsing. 

"You're awake?" 

I looked up and saw Nurse Maria pushing a trolley filled with food inside the room. I nodded upon hearing her question. 

"That's great! You never knew how worried I was when you suddenly collapsed." Nurse Maria wiped her inexistent sweat on her forehead. "By the way, you must be very hungry." Saying that, Nurse Maria took out the food inside the trolley and slowly went closer to me. She opened the small table that can be placed inside the bed and placed the food she brought inside. 

I shook my head upon seeing her place the food into the table. 

"I, I'm not hungry." I denied. 

"What? How can that be! Mark, you must eat. If you eat you'll get cured. You have been asleep for two days already, fasting is so much for a child!" Nurse Maria angrily told me. 

"...I don't have the appetite to do so." I turned my head in refusal. 

"Ha...." Nurse Maria sighed as she retrieved the food back into the trolley. She raised her head, making her hazelnut colored hair sway a little as she says,"It was expected." She dejectedly said. 

"I'll be going to the front counter now," Nurse Maria turned around and pushed the trolley out of the room. 

"Wait!" 

I shouted, stopping her from her movement. 

"?" Nurse Maria turned her head to look at me with a questioning gaze. 

I dropped my head down and my half closed blue eyes flickered a bit before asking, "This is not my ward. Where am I?" 

Nurse Maria was strangely silent. Instead of answering, she replied with a question, "Is that important?" 

"Huh?" I raised my head quickly, surprised by her question in reply. 

"What's more important...." I stared at Nurse Maria, expectant of what she would say. What's more important? Please tell me, hurry! 

".....I," But before she could say what it was, Nurse Maria shook her head.  ",you already know it yourself." She said before leaving. 

A week passed by, a week that almost went by like a century. Though I never have lived for more than a century, well actually, I used to live the years quite quick, I was kinda weird since the week turned very slow. 

I flipped the final pages of the book I was reading and casually threw it on the table beside.  A knocking sound then began tapping, I stared emotionlessly at the door right beside the couch of my ward. 

"!" 

I was surprised upon the opening, it wasn't Nurse Maria, nor any of those who work in the hospital. It was a young boy, about the same age as mine. 

He had brown hair, and wheaty colored skin. His light pink eyes looks very cool, no, it was pretty? 

"Hello, who are you?" 

I asked, coldly. 

The boy looked around my ward and upon seeing me, he paused. 

"Are you Mark?" 

He asked. 

"Yes, and you are?"

"Aton, Maria Rowen's son. Nice to meet you."

0