Chapter-02: ‘Sandy’ the Earth Sprite
22 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was in void, I wanted to move, but I couldn’t. I felt awake, yet I was still sleeping. Sleep paralysis, that’s what it is, I guessed.

 

Gosh! I feel terrible! I need to break free of it. With all my will, I tried moving, but nothing alleviated me of this misery! I couldn’t feel my limbs, nor could I hear, see, smell, or sense anything!

Fear slowly crept in me. Even panic didn’t help! So, I succumbed to it, embracing this terrible dread. Time felt slow, or rather it was just me and the void.

 

Eons later, I felt a mortal coil around the void encasing my consciousness. The void shriveled. I felt restrained, I can feel my body now, but it won’t move as willed.

I was moving ungoverned! My eyes are so heavy; they won’t open. Something pricked some sore spots in my brains, but I just couldn’t get a feel of what it is!

Suddenly, my left eye flicked open. A godawful vibrant light instantly made me close my eyes. This time I had much more control over myself. I slowly opened my eyes. I wanted to close my eyes again, but I persisted.

The ceiling slowly came into vision. It had a greyish, dull, rocky texture. That’s not the ceiling I used to see for ages. I tried to looking around, but my neck’s mobility felt very limited. Still, all that I could see was a dull grey, rough texture.

Am I... in a cave?

Thinking about it, I remembered some fragments. I cringed, remembering the white squirming horror.

 

I remember falling; how the fuck did I survive that fall? I think- I got rescued.

Phew~ no wonder I can’t feel my body! I should be grateful just surviving.

A sense of relief washed over me. I closed my eyes in utter bliss. Another nap would fix up my mangled brain!

 

Something filled the cave. It was fragrant, more fragrant than anything I ever smelt. It also had a very soft note to it, distant yet comfortably familiar.

The fragrance grew stronger and stronger. It was unnervingly close. I wanted to peek, but my eyes almost bulged out of socket, seeing what stood before me.

A giantess! Wait, is that horn? I tried to get up and escape this cave. I promised I’ll never set feet in caves anymore. But my body betrayed my earnest desire.

I tried calming my circuits, trying to read the situation!

 

For a giantess with horns, she looked absolutely glamorous! She had dark-brown eyes, with flowing tresses of honey-brown silky hair, mono-lid eyes, pointy and smooth bridged high nose drawn to perfection. A plushy, thin lip embellished by strangely human-like ears.

She wore a cherry blossom-hued kimono; carmine petals and falling golden lusters adorned it. And damn! She had the wildest bosoms I’ve ever seen!

Fuck! I tried to focus on her face. Certainly, you don’t wanna leave a bad impression on a very Japanese-looking, absolutely stunning giantess.

She had an oddly comforting smile. It solaced me. She slowly came towards me, reaching out her arms for me. Judging by her hand, she can easily wrap around me singlehandedly. Is it the end?

I wanted to limp away, but sadly I looked at my hand with distrust! It reached for the giantess’s hand, and my fingers seemed godawfully tiny.

 

She gently held my hand. She seemed happy, and so was I, making weird noises. I wasn’t thrilled at this sudden revelation!

She picked me up carefully and caressed my forehead. Wow! I can’t; I can’t even guess what’s happening right now! I think I should just play along.

Fast forward.

Now I was suckling! I must say it’s doable. I heard her singing a soft lullaby. Being a newborn wasn’t half bad! And I needed some motherly love.

Burp~ that was a delight! I felt full and sleepy, and just like that, I slept.

I had the best sleep in a while! I feel energized, bursting with life. The surrounding was still same, and it was overflowing with motherly scent.

I crunched up. Strangely it worked! And I was creeped out to see me. I remember being a newborn moment ago; now I’ve got a sinewy kid’s body. I would guess around 7!

Anyway, I was sitting butt-naked on the cold, rocky cave. It wasn’t cold at all, rather much comfortable!

 

I wonder where my MUM went? Did she leave me? Or did something happen?

 

I need to get out, get some clothes, and look for my MUM? That can wait. I need to secure foods first!

I was about to get up when I heard footsteps. It drew closer, and I relaxed. MUM looked the same; she must’ve taken good care of herself. I hesitantly covered my… uh dick!? Oh yeah, I still have it, thankfully!

“Aww, acting so coy already!” Her voice was like a warm breeze cascading over reed fields by riversides. She came closer, drew her lips on my forehead, and looked at me expectantly, “What’s with your emotional turbulence? Are you feeling sick? It’s chaotic!”

 

I just looked at her, not understanding a thing! She looked down; I could feel my cheek burning. Her lips thinned teasingly; I protested, “MUM!”

She chortled pleasingly, patting my head, then pecking once again. I complained, “Don’t tell me you kept me naked all these years?”

She visibly frowned, “Years?”

Now, I frowned, “I did not grow this much overnight, did I?”

She seemed amused, “What do you think then?”

I replied, “I was in… c… coma!?” I couldn’t read her face; I was about to ask when She pulled me in her arms, gently wrapping me in a motherly embrace. I wanted to resist, but I didn’t. I just soaked in warm maternal affection. I miss MUM (From Earth)!

“I’m so proud of you!” she spoke while scrambling my hair. She chirped,” I can already tell you took after me!”

Squeezing me once more, she looked at me; her eyes looked sad. She gave me a sad smile, snapped her finger, and a gush of wash water cleansed me thoroughly. Next, a foehn dried me up into crisp. Another snap later, I was wearing pants and a haori.

 

Woah! I was so mesmerized that mum couldn’t help but smile at me. She asked, “You must be hungry. Serve yourself, dear!”

A banquet appeared in front of me. The aroma hummed in the air; the palates looked scrumptious, drawing drool. I could hear their earnest plea, “Eat meee!”

I looked at mum, she just smiled. I picked up a steak. It looked juicy, flavorful, dulcet, and felt tender to touch. I hardly resisted myself from shoving the whole piece in my mouth, but I used to be a gentleman, “Come on, mum! It’s gonna get cold!”

“I’d love to, but sorry dear!” she smiled insistently. Her eyes glistened for a moment, “Time is against me. Sorry!”

“I get it-you’re busy, but one bite won’t hurt, right?” I raised my hand with the steak, looking at her pleadingly, “One bite?”

She vanished, appearing ahead. She murmured affectionately, “Let me know how it tastes first.”

I took a big chunk of it in a single bite. The dulcified meat mellowed in my mouth. It was toothsome, perfectly seasoned. I chewed slowly, trying to absorb most of it.

“U..... mwa...ad. iwt?” I asked, still chewing.

Her lips curled into a warm smile.

“It’s terrible!” I replied earnestly, swallowing.

She frowned; her smile waned.

“I mean, it’s so terrible that I don’t think I will be able to eat others’ food!” I reassured her, “It’s the best food. I promise!”

Her brows were still drawn closer. I reached out my hand with the steak for her. She took a small bite, her expression brightened.

“You’ve got a way with words! For a moment, I thought it didn’t sate your palate,” she said, flicking my forehead.

I complained, letting out a cry, earning another flick. Scrambling my hair, mum pulled me in a brief hug, then left, cachinnating. Her laughter cascaded in the closed space, making me break into a giggle too.

 

I took my time enjoying, cupcakes which were incredibly creamy and sugary. For the previous me, it would’ve been too sweeettt!

Ah~ it’s good to enjoy food without worrying about health, or at least for now.

The banquet had all sorts of desserts, and it looked awfully the same as earthly cuisine. The diet contained lots of meat and all kinds of ambrosial desserts.

Amazingly enough, I guzzled down every last bit! I think anyone would find me a bit visibly bloated right now, but I just don’t care!

 

Sated, I lied on my back, all limbs splayed out. Burp~

The savoriness still lingered in my mouth. Relaxed, my brain started to catch on to all the things that occurred since I opened my eyes.

And there was something here that denied every possible explanation! Magic! It was just a hunch, and I can bet a hundred percent on it.

Where did it all go wrong? The cave? The tunnel? The big black pup? Troglobitic horrors? Or me choosing to get out of the wrong tunnel?

I died then, I guess. I shifted to a more comfortable position, with both legs stretched out, one arm below the head, another above. I drifted in thoughts. Remembering things made me nostalgic. I wondered if anybody even knew I died?

Did Sandy get the news? Did she mourn for me even a little? We’ve been married for over 20 years! Or maybe she was happy now. It’s time I forgot her, rather than being a stuck-ass!

 

<System updating...

Updating complete.>

 

<Initializing system. System Initialized.>

 

I nervously looked around; I heard this staccato before. That was an auditory hallucination, right?

“Haah-haa!” must be a side-effect of too much eating! I was trying to think rationally, then I heard it again.

 

<System Online>

 

Online? I almost choked at that word!

 

<System Unable to establish link...

Subscription not found.>

 

<Please buy the subscription to get access to the system.

...

Earth Sprite ‘Sandy’ forced established the link.

‘Sandy’ has been awakened.>

 

<System termination initialized.

'The System' successfully disconnected from the user.>

 

I was already up, searching for the potential source. It was too confusing with all that subscription, disconnection, link bullshits. And I was thinking of forgetting Sandy.

As if reacting to my thought, a strange force shimmered inside my body. It coursed through my whole being, pouring out of my body through each pore.

The surrounding hummed. The air visibly constricted right before me, coalescing into a tiny, glittering creature with four transparent insect-like wings and sandy skin texture. Its hair was flowing sands, and its eyes were sparkling gold. It wore a gold-embroidered white velvety robe covering everything below the collar bone or where it was supposed to be.

 

I stared at it, agape! The fuck is happening?

 

It spoke politely, slightly bowing, ‘Sandy thanks master for awakening her. Sandy is at your disposal.’

I opened my mouth to ask questions, a lot of them, but then mum appeared in front of me. She wasn’t there a second ago. I looked at mum wearing the same expression.

She scanned the cave, tensed. To break the tension, I cooed, “You’re back!”

She looked at me. No, in me! Her gaze pierced mine. I felt bare. Her face relaxed, shoulders slouched. She pulled me in a bear hug, “I was worried thinking the worse!” She sniffled, “Is it you?”

“I don’t understand what you’re implying,” my voice muffled.

She murmured, “Never mind! I can’t believe I gave birth to such a terrible little thing. My dear little monster, you’re more than everything I wished for.” She paused. “I’m sooo happyyyyy!” her embrace grew tighter, voice quivering, “And sorry!”

I held her tight. I had no fucking idea what she was sorry for. But I knew she is going through something.

 

A long moment later, she held me at her arm’s length. Her eyes were red and moist. She looked sad, very, very sad! I wanted to comfort her. I wiped her cheek with my sleeve, showing her a toothy grin, “It’s gonna get better.”

She pulled me in a ferocious hug, crying her heart out. I could feel her shaking. I just made it worse! She sobbed, “I...m sw....w... y!” she continued after blowing nose and sniffling few times, “For... for... being such a BAD MUM!”

She calmed down a while later. Honestly, she’s been doing real good being a mum! I had no idea what a good mom was to her standard. Anyway, her eyes were still red and puffy. She ran her fingers blithely in my already messy hair, making it worse!

Done with her charade, she stood up. She looked somewhat more stable and soon left in the same manner. I wasn’t even surprised. But then my eyes widened in sudden realization, ‘Sandy’ the sprite was here the whole time.

I was about to ask it when it said politely, “Master guessed correct! I am ingrained in your consciousness, made of your mana signature.”

Though I didn’t understand most of it, I knew what mana was! If it’s the same thing.

“It is, master!” Sandy politely let me know.

“And you can read my mind too! Haah, that’s not very polite,” I protested, speaking through gritted teeth.

Sandy didn’t reply. An awkward pause later, “So what are you?”

She replied in an even polite tone, “As I said...”

I shushed her, “Not that. You know what I mean.”

Sandy kept her visage, “I’m an Earth Sprite.”

“And I don’t suppose I should be already aware what it is!”

“Sprites are rare and almost extinct magical creatures, made of pure mana, and they can also co-habit with almost any sentient beings, helping the host to improve their minds.”

“You mean, do some MIND FUCKERY?” I asked; it just sounded super suspicious.

“Sprites form a contract with the host, where the sprite can not and must not intervene their host, in exchange for shelter. They are susceptible to almost everything,” she replied in a single breath.

Now that I looked at her for a while, I noticed she didn’t blink. I wanted to believe for now, as for mind fuckery it can wait!

 

I continued the conversation, asking absurd questions to understand my situation better, comfortably lying on my back and splayed limbs.

It was going worse than I imagined; she kept repeating like a parrot for most of the absurd questions I asked, saying,” I do not know anything that you do not know.”

That strangely explained a lot. I told her to do whatever she liked and closed my eyes into oblivion when I had enough.

...

 

I woke to a gentle voice. Mum was scratching my head affectionately. I looked at her; she looked exhausted. Seeing me wake up, she gave me the warmest smile she could possibly give. I felt like the happiest kid alive!

To be honest, it was everything I wished for. Family! I was always and will be a family guy. Back on earth, I screwed up a lot and missed the chance to be a father! Sandy had an accident, and after that, her mood started changing. A few years later, she started doing unreasonable things, drawing a line.

I reminisced, it made me sad, but still, I was happy. Happy about the present. I don’t know what the future holds, but I promised myself to cherish every bit of it. I Couldn’t be by my mom in her final moments, and the guilt still gnawed me! This time.....

This time...

 

I slowly got up, demanding a hug. Mum caressed my forehead, drawing me into her embrace. I wished I could stay like that forever!

But it didn’t last long.

0