Chapter 3 B-2 : The Undead Demon Meets His Companions: The Demon King’s Kin
193 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 3 B-2 : The Undead Demon Meets His Companions: The Demon King’s Kin

Throughout history the plan “Fallen Hero” has always been set in the wake of the Demon King’s death, one way or another the former hero was to become the Demon King. It didn’t matter which race they now belonged to as they had now become demons, the Four Heavenly Kings had died for the purpose that their king would win this time and become a king amongst kings. And now there was a large trench within the power balance, this was made clear by how the Royal Guard were the ones trying to keep things in place. As such the new Demon King was to find those suitable or fit to become the new Four Heavenly Kings. Halphas was deep in thought as he glimpsed about this, would he who was a royal guard for a large reminder of his life to become a Heavenly King? It was a thought that plagued even him, he had to opportunity to do so but he chose not to because he was rather lazy to pursue his ambition filled dreams. Something he rebuked himself time and time again, just as he was about to spend another sleepless night thinking about the issue he fell asleep.

In his dreams was a dark abyss the image of a great being looking over him smiling within the shadows, he trembled at the thought it would devour him but it didn’t do so instead it touched his right hand and began to walk away from the place. He woke up in cold sweat and found himself within the throne room of the Demon King who stood with the others.

“Y-Your Majesty”

“Halphas congratulations”

“Huh?”

“You have become one of the first seven”

“First seven of what, Your Majesty?”

“The Seven Deadly Sins, demons who surpass the Four Heavenly Kings in strength and rank.”

“Demons blessed by the mark of the evil goddess Ego Sors Aeterna, look at your right hand”

Halphas looked at his right hand and saw a black bear roaring on top of it, he wore a look of surprise as he stared back at it. The image seemed to go well with his soul, he had the strength all this time to become a part of the Four Heavenly Kings but he chose not to. He chose to become the royal guard who fought and kill many a hero’s companion. 

“So Sin of Sloth, Belphegor how does it feel to hold power?”

“My Lord in my humblest of words it feels exciting. I shall serve you to the best of my ability.”

He never acted upon his desires and thus it was befitting for him to be called Sloth, Halphas was no more he was now Belphegor.

The mark blessing of the goddess Ego Sors Aeterna meant that you clearly stood out from the rest of demonkind, it meant you were reborn as a different entity all together. No one knew who this goddess was but Halphas who was the royal guard of the previous Demon King and the ones before him became Belphegor, he displayed his power in his palace and showed the demons what his master could do. Of course the announcement of the birth of the new Demon King was going to spread across the land, after this it would be official that Alastor was king over the demons, and the first signs of the effective movement against mankind would finally begin. The Demon King’s palace was being remodeled with new servants and demons of great strength either returning or entering the palace to gain new jobs, one of the demons who was in charge of these Demon Resources was Shemhaza. She was recommended by many a demon for flawlessly organizing the scattered Demon King’s Army and keeping order for the past two years, a woman of great determination. Just like the others she didn’t want to believe that a new Demon King had been born in their time but was forced to believe upon entering the Demon King’s throne room when she was summoned to it. The demon that sat on the throne exuded a negative aura about him, his eyes were pitch black with a crimson color gazing back from the abyss, he wore black rusted armor with a red torn cape, his hair was pure white and he wore a calm and collected face. To his side was the black sword that had slain the previous Demon King now corrupted by the hatred of its user, he stood as king here. He stood as a being different from the others, and just like that as with the previous Demon King Shemhaza immediately went on her knee and bowed before the King of the Demons.

“Hahaha please raise your head. Your name is Shemhaza is that correct?”

“Yes Your Majesty that is correct, your wish is my will. My life is your sword”

“No your life is not my sword, your life aids me in conquering the human realms, I need you alive just like many of the demon race. And for that we need someone who is capable of handling our resources with a level headed mindset.”

“Your Majesty….”

“So I am no longer asking for assistance to you as your king, but as an inexperienced boy who needs help. Will you aid me in completing my revenge and conquering the world so my love may live in a peaceful world?”

“Your Majesty….”

She gazed upon his face which had an expression of both sadness and kindness, he was one of the heroes who was slain and betrayed by his own country and had his village and family members killed. But he revived most of them excluding the love of his life, and his father who died way during the time he became a hero. This black haired beauty with black eyes wearing the suit of a high class steward touched her chest and smiled.

“I will serve you to the best of my ability, Your Majesty.  Your servant will work hard to allow the rebirth of the Queen to be that of peace.”

“Thank you Shemhaza”

And just like that Shemhaza who was well known amongst the demons as a frightening analytical monster was added to the renewed Demon King’s palace. 

Preparations of the coronation of the new Demon King were underway but despite that the Demon King himself was on another issue all together, the selected few who had become the Seven Deadly Sins had to be found, so far he had found only one and six more were still at large. Byleth was building the church for the goddess, increasing faith in her, she did miracles and healed the sick, gave those who were weak power and had been traveling around the Demon Continent to fortify the religion of the Dark Goddess. Marchosias was in charge of creating the Mage Core for the Demon King, she was pushing them forward by having the talented mages rise to sagehood through her knowledge alone. There were further plans such as creating a magic academy for lower and high ranking demons to go so they could be competent enough to hold their ground against those who were specialized in magic that could work on demons. 

Warlocks, Sages, Summoners, Clerics, War Clerics, Druids, Spirit Contractors and many more had to be created inside of Demon mage culture. They were certainly advanced to humans in certain ways but they who lacked class diversity would make a terrifying foe to battle with indeed.

“Your Majesty, it seems we have located a candidate for the Sin of Wrath”

“Oh?”

“The being is rampaging near the human fortresses that are along the barrier borderline”

“Which fort?”

Shemhaza immediately spread out a map that paced out all of the forts that were located within the vicinity of the barrier, she pointed out the area where the being was rampaging about.

“Fort Alexei…..it is a ditch effort fort that the humans made in preparation for a monster horde coming towards the city of Maxis”

“Yes Your Majesty”

“Ready the Teleport Mages and set the coordinates to that location.”

“Understood”

Alastor moved out from the office and headed towards the prepared magic circle which was drawn on the ground by the talented teleport mages, he wore his rust red armor along with his ripped cape and carried his black sword. He looks at the side and sees the demons that Marchosias had trained personally, he nods as they begin to chant the spell that would take him where he needed to go. White light begins to envelop him as his body feels light for a moment, and the scenery begins to warp and distort.

What Alastor found was more than a rampage, it was a massacre. The body parts of the hordes of orc, goblin and kobolds were scattered about in the field, they were slaughtered mercilessly. It was a one sided killing floor , as the death machine that had caused all of this was still killing the angered hordes of orcs, goblins, and kobolds didn’t stop in exhaustion and kept on moving as if fueled by blood. Its skin was bright red, it had an enormous body riddled with muscles, it wore a lion cloth, its weapon of choice was the bloodied blunt club but soon it abandoned that and chose to dive in headfirst. It had the great horns of a minotaur and the rage of a oni, it was a hybrid between the two and everything it saw was in red. The mangled bodies of the dead was evidence of its fury, it tore through the bodies of the goblins with its fists and broke the bones of the kobolds with its kicks. The orcs that stood in front of it roared in bestial anger as they rushed in without any logic or reasoning or any self preservation instincts holding them back. 

The oni moved forward without stopping, it threw a punch into the face of the orc that was first to receive it before grabbing its spear and thrusting it deep into the abdomens of several orcs including the one which was punched without effort. It went to the side taking the fallen sword of an orc which it uses to cut off the arm of the next orc using its screaming body as a shield to the incoming earth spikes spell thrown at it by several orc mages, it discards the impaled corpse and leaps forward with the sword that it has gained. It quickly takes the spear that was lying on the ground throwing it at the mage orcs which try to flee from the situation. Its gaze is directed at the orcs who remain with a smile it dives in forward, in full force the oni uses the sword to cut and dice the orcs by dismembering their limbs. All creatures in this land were dead, only the sound of clapping could be heard.

“Bravo, truly a beautiful slaughter if I do say so myself”

“…..”

“You have me hooked and it seems you have the Mark of the Goddess, Sin of Wrath you certainly are a find”

“ROOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRR!!!”

The oni rushed at Alastor who stood perfectly still and merely watched it run towards him, he smiled viciously as he kept his sword within its scabbard. All he was going to do was block all of its attacks, it had already arrived whilst he was thinking this. The mad rush of wind is heard as the sword is swung down on Alastor who parries the hit with his scabbard clad sword, accompanied with a loud ring the oni stares deep into the eyes of Alastor and is maddened even more. It swings once more with even more violence than before, this time it is coming from the left side. Alastor blocks that as well as the incoming kick that was coming towards him. An angered beast was easy to predict, one swing from above, another kick, a punch, a dodged grab which results in it being thrown using the weight of its own body, several more swings coming from above, below, from the left, the right and diagonal directions. At most Alastor hadn’t moved from the spot that he had teleported from, he was merely analyzing this beast and he was interested in it even more.

“Enough playtime then”

He thrusts his scabbard clad sword into the solar plexus of the oni which staggers from the impact and falls on one knee. It stares at him with such bloodshot eyes that Alastor smiles even more.

“You still want to fight despite being overwhelmed, I am impressed, that type of fighting spirit isn’t common anywhere in the world. Reminds me of Baal he was really something else”

A clear reaction came from the oni as it clearly got infuriated even more from hearing that name, from its horns was a point of energy Alastor knew what it was. It was the signature move for all oni, hybrids and half breeds alike. It was called Heaven’s Fury, a shot of pure miasmic energy that was shot from their horns. It was capable of wiping entire cities from the face of the land. It fired that at him, Alastor went into a stance that was taught to him by an old master of the sword. He hailed from the land of the East and encountered many a oni in his life that he devised a countermeasure that would not all divert Heaven’s Fury but injure the oni firing it. 

He died before he got to see the mess that was mankind, he would have made a fine knight instructor. Heaven’s Fury was about to hit him but he had already acted fast enough for it to be deflected, he released his sword from its scabbard and quick drawn in a manner that was unnatural for a long sword. Not only was it able to send Heaven’s Fury into the sky where it exploded it was able to cut a cross like injury at the oni which fell down from the ground. He wondered if he would see an angry look on its face but instead he saw a smile, it wasn’t dead because he made sure so. 

The body of the oni was reducing itself in size as time passed, it was reverting to a size that was as tall as himself. It’s skin had turned into tan brown color, its raging red hair had turned into a black color, he looked rather handsome, the bull like horns were still there however they were diminished in size. This was the boy who had created this scene, he looked calm and collected from his unconscious face. Alastor was sure that he could teach this boy what that old master knew about the sword, he took his body by the shoulder and gave a command to Shemhaza through a telepathic message to bring him back. The Sin of Wrath was acquired and Alastor was going to gain companions chained to him by the will of the goddess, he smiled as he returned back to the palace.

2