Dark Priestess Side Prologue: The One Who Was Once Called The Saint
136 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dark Priestess Side Prologue: The One Who Was Once Called The Saint

Humanity must be led into the light by the ones chosen by God. They were to be protected by patron saints of the Almighty Zeumaxis, they were chosen time and time again to serve the purpose of aiding the destruction of the vile Demon King. It was their raison d'être, Fiona a lowly orphan was chosen for that specific task. She was raised by the kind sister Joelle who always told her that she was going to be a special person.

“Sister Fiona you should be proud of the position that you have been given. You alone will represent the entire Theocracy in holy conquest against the demons, I am very proud of you and I hope you strive for even greater heights.”

Father Simon smiled as he hugged Fiona who was like a child to him. He had taken care of her just like Joelle from the beginning and he was certainly happy that she was going to be a saint who would aid the Hero to destroying the Demon King and bringing about peace into the world. She was happy as well as she was being sent on a long and tough journey that certainly give her trials and tribulations giving her new meaning in her faith.

They waved good bye to Fiona who was now heading towards her way to the kingdom of Astraea where the hero was born in this day and age. Their smiles were happy but Fiona could see something on Joelle’s face almost like a shadow that was on it. But she ignored it and thought it as worry for a child who has been taken care of by her for years now. 

It was only when she had several arrows locked into her body and curses in the form of thorns riddled all over her body had she began to understand that shadow. It was the sadness that she was going to be sent to her death. Her heart which was pure had began to fall apart as she witnessed the jet blackness known as The End come for her. She felt a rage that she never knew would come from her soul, she wanted to destroy the Theocracy with her own hands and watch it burn. Zeumaxis was a liar. He never cared about any of them. He was merely a false god who made the people kill the demon king solely because he was too afraid that it would rise to power. Her soul which was light incarnate was becoming tainted and corrupted but was that so wrong? The light betrayed her in the end, and horrible things were being done whilst she slept in the abyss. She suddenly found herself within a white space when she felt something like a hand pull her up, she was the only thing that was tainted dark colors here. Her eyes were muddied and cloudy, they held a deep hatred and frustration that wouldn’t be satisfied until they had their revenge.

“Welcome dear former saint”

A voice called out to her and then she saw it, another being who was as dark as she is, maybe even greater, she smiled as she looked at her.

“I love seeing pure souls such as yours turn into corrupted husks of their former selves”

“Zeumaxis….”

“Sorry I am not such a weak god, my name is Ego Sors Aeterna, pleased to meet you Fiona the Saint of the Holy Theocracy of Zeumaxima.”

“……..what did you bring me here for?”

“I have a deal for you, it benefits me and you. Your friend the Hero rather what was left of him is going to resurrect soon. Because of the events that happened to you three he will turn into the next Demon King and will change the world as we know it. Thus you are allowed to either return with him or return to the void your call”

Before she was betrayed she would say that it wasn’t right for a soul that belonged to the world of the dead to return to the world of the living, but now she had a different mindset and soul altogether. She wanted to return rather she needed to. She already knew the horror of what had happened in the church where she originated from.

“I will return…I will kill and destroy those who betrayed me”

“That’s right, I shall aid you in your journey to power. I shall be your patron in everything, unlike your useless god who did nothing but watch you die. I who was compassionate enough to lead you out of death so you could commit your revenge shall be your goddess”

“Yes My Lord and Savior Ego Sors Aeterna”

“You shall do whatever you want in the short period before the former Hero resurrects and when he does you are to immediately return to the Demon King’s palace, there you are to continue to aid the Demon King and spread the word of my name.”

“As you wish My Goddess”

She found a new god, one who was far more powerful than her last. She found her charming and attractive, she found her beautiful and worthy of worship and just like that Fiona was sent back to the world of the living not as a saint but as something else entirely. The goddess merely smiled as things were going into motion.

1