Witch Trial 2: Of Blood and Torture
84 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Witch Trial 2: Of Blood and Torture

In the months of the Water Lily and the Lotus on the thirteenth day a festival and parade was to be held in honor of Marquis Sullivan’s great saving of the Mystwell Duchy. This was to occur each year since the death of the Sage who was possessed by the Demon King’s spirit as a way to cleanse the land of the evil Viscount family spirits, of course this was the Marquis’ own way of celebrating the fall of a great political enemy by his own hand. Lindell Sullivan was a man of a cunning appearance, his face had a long sharp pointed nose with desire filled green eyes with an honest smirk on his face. His son, Jonathan was different from his father due to one fact, he was a fat boy who indulged in what he pleased namely: eating, drinking, sleeping with beautiful women namely those he took from villages and towns, and extorting those he saw fit. Both were scumbags who were generally hated by all of the people who inhabited both the Mystwell and Sullivan territories. 

This day was no different from the other festival days but there was a different atmosphere for this day, the air carried with it a wind of pure foreboding. Even as the people set up the decorations for the festival they could feel their bodies act in a way that attributed to this dissonance. As the Marquis paraded as usual throwing flowers towards the crowds, a strange breeze was whistling if one could listen closely the wind had a certain tune to it. This made the people even more scared of what was to come, of course the Marquis and his piggish son did not care to listen to trivial things such as the wind or the color of the clouds. Such was for peasants and serfs they were higher than all of them.

Marquis Sullivan finally reached the plaza where everyone was stationed cheering without enthusiasm, the platform was reared for them so he could speak the speech he always gave. After putting even more airs he smiled and began to open his mouth.

“Today is the day that we celebrate our biannual celebration of the Great Fall of the Mystwell family. A family of evil that sought to destroy the kingdom as a whole!I, Lindell Sullivan have rescued you all from the clutches of the evilness of that family!I shall continue to bless you with this celebration of the banishment of pure evil!Now then, it is time for the offerings”

This occurred every festival, the people who would offer the Marquis offerings for his great service mainly in the form of money. A part of the parade they loathed very much but this time they did not walk towards the knights who stood at the edge of the platform rather they could not.

“What is this?The people do not have anything to offer up to me?Well then I guess I have to- hmm ah yes good, good at least one person is coming to offer something to me!”

The person was cloaked and solemnly walked towards the Marquis and his knights. His son snortled like a pig as he could see the figure of the person who was coming, it was a woman’s !He would certainly have his way with her smiling as he did so.

“What do you offer dear child?Yourself?If that is so then-?!”

“I offer something more than that”

The voice that they heard was familiar, maybe too familiar. Lindell could feel a chill on his spine as the people stepped backwards in unison. There was something here. Something incredibly ominous.

“I offer unto a murderer such as yourself a curse”

“H-How preposterous!I saved you all!”

“I was not finished talking.”

The voice became louder and they all instinctively knew who it was, it was something who everyone saw in their daily lives.

“You and your son will die horrible deaths, as well as the knights who participated in the massacre of the Mystwell family. A curse of death, in 4 days you will no longer be alive”

“W-Who are you to say that!A witch!A witch giving a curse to protect other witches and warlocks!”

“That I am. I accepted that fate when I was murdered by someone hailing from this nation.”

The person removes their cloak revealing the face of Myne who smiles at them. One by one coming out from the crowd itself is the Mystwell family, Duke Mystwell, his wife Olivia and finally the youngest of the family, Skye. It was clear as day and no one could be seen casting any illusionary magic, the knights froze and were confirming what they were seeing was not some magic that could play with their minds. These was the Mystwell family whom they killed 2 years ago and celebrated their deaths ever since. 

Duke Mystwell Williams stepped forward with a loud applause for Marquis Sullivan, his skin shining inside of the sunshine which came for that brief moment. 

“Your pride is certainly extreme, and to think you would desecrate the dead by worshipping their deaths biannually. Lindell I’ve always known you for being a proud man but this?This is rather intriguing.”

“M…..Mystwell…”

“Was it jealousy?Or greed either way your death is guaranteed you poor chap. I wanted to kill you when I died but I have so many forms of torture I want to do. Myne is the first to do such to you.” 

His handsome face with his mustache were in pristine condition, his blonde hair had shined brightly in the sunlight wearing a suit of black and gold, Olivia Williams had a black dress which one would attribute to be made out of black roses that decorated it, she resembled her daughter so much one could say that they are sisters with a couple of years apart, she simply smiled at all of the knights. Her demon gaze swallowed them whole, making them shake within their armor.

“You will all face such cruel deaths, not even your families will be safe from my wrath, do remember that boys.”

Skye, Myne’s precious little brother smiled innocently with a crown of gold for hair, his red eyes evilly shined just like his older sister’s wearing a suit that was tailored for a boy like him. To the ones staring at him he was like a devil in the body of a child.

“This uncle is going to pay for killing me and my family. Elder sister said I can play with him when she and Father are done with him, I asked her if I can make a swing using your body and she said yes!So expect that!”

He giggled like the way a child should but the words that came out of his mouth made Lindell and Jonathan wet themselves, as the family began to make their way out of the plaza vanishing out of sight. The end result was the people scurrying like spiders and straight into their houses. The clock was ticking and now the wrath of dead people was aimed at the Sullivan household.

The Knight Order of the Mountain Bear was deeply afraid, they were the ones who commenced the unjust slaughter of the Viscount’s family and servants. An immediate order was done that their families should move in with them in their base where they could all be safe. Although there was many complications to that order they had all arrived safely at the base, the knights who had participated in that massacre were trembling at the curse that was directed at them as well. How could they not?The victims who were supposed to be dead and had risen from the grave to curse them from beyond, there was a certain quality of fear they did not recognize that had been instilled inside of their hearts. It was not the type of fear that one has when facing a monster, nor the fear of having to kill someone for the very first time, it was far more primal than that. It was the very fear of death itself, though many had passed this stage of being afraid of dying these questions plagued their very existence in the world: but what if the creature you are facing is from beyond death itself. What if it existed on a plane of existence that made it immune to dying and all manner of attacking was useless, what then? Of course, undead existed and they had power to banish them back to the world of the dead but what if there was an undead that resisted such because it was trivial matters to it, what then? 

This was the type of fear that had been gnawing at the Knight Order of The Mountain Bear, a type of fear that made them scared like children for their family and lives. Their captain, Sir James Boswell paced up and down inside of the room along with his family who sat at the table watching.

“Dear, it was just an illusion how about we act like it never happened?”

“No. I saw it with my own damn eyes, the Mystwell family living and speaking a curse from beyond their graves. I cannot afford to lose any of you, even if it was a necromancer controlling them the hatred of the dead is far too great to wave away with a hand.”

“But Father how about we look for the necromancer who resurrected them and used them for their own use we can at least do that!”

His son, Gary spoke with a loud voice and anger in his tone. He was never this overprotected in his life and could handle himself against any kind of monster.

“But that is the thing, they spoke fluently, were well dressed and there was not a single mark of rotting flesh on their bodies. Nothing, no injuries, no blood, no marks of obvious experimentation that necromancers usually do to show that they are the property of that particular necromancer. Nothing.”

“But-”

“I know your concerns son. But there are things we cannot control with strength alone, things that lay beyond us humans. That is why the demons exist and persist in our world. Because they come from a plane of existence that filled with hellfire and torment, worshipping a blasphemous evil god”

Gary who had risen from his chair sat back down into his seat with a frustrated sound coming out of his mouth. He had to show his son the truth of the situation they found themselves in, he could not allow any of them to die painfully. 

“So what are we to do then?Just wait for them to come for us and slaughter us all?”

“No. I’ve contacted one of the apprentices of the court mage, he is proficient at locating people who are using the dark arts. We just need to wait for a couple of more hours.”

“And what if-“

“That’s him right now”

The sound of the horn being blown resounded in their ears with James walking out of the room immediately. Gary following him from behind locking the door with his mother inside configured with a magic seal on the lock. The two headed to the courtyard, where the carriage had stopped. The flag of the court mage was flying high and the clouds that showed signs of rain were gathering up. The acolyte got out of the carriage and smiled at James.

“Well then, I heard that you are in a pinch Jamesy boy”

“I am, and in need of your help Forass”

Forass, a man who looked rather young for his age smiled as he started walking up to one of the key barriers of the large fortress.

“It seems you really are well protected”

“Indeed”

“Then what do you need me for?”

“You already know the reason why, stop fucking around”

“The Mystwell family coming back from the dead and saying a curse of death, how foreboding and mysterious indeed. With your report of them looking like they are still alive.”

“Stop wasting time and tell us how to kill the bastard already!”

Gary said impatiently to Forass who sighed at his arrogance. James slapped his sound at the back of his head for his insolence.

“What was that for!”

“Never rush a mage, they’ll abandon us in the time we need them the most you idiot. You’re lucky I didn’t behead you for your foolishness”

“…….”

“I apologize for my son’s rashness, he isn’t used to being a sheltered and protected canary.”

“As would any hawk when it is imprisoned unjustly. Your apology is taken, I won’t be blunt with you so I’ll say this right now whilst your men are all this tensed up”

Everyone waited to hear what Forass had to say, they expected good news that they’ll live and get to go back to their lives once more however…

“They are certainly undead but under no control whatsoever from any necromancer”

“……What?How do you know that?”

“Because well, being exact I am one of them. Your undead enemies who you are so afraid of.”

Forass’ voice turned into the high pitched voice of a girl, then bit by bit he began to change. From his blond haired head was a single bloody line which began to make its mark. If one was to describe the scene that was happening right in front of their eyes it would be gruesomely terrifying, Forass’ head split open like a flower revealing his brain that pulsated with every vein as numerous tentacles that each had an eye and a set of sharpened teeth. His hands morphed into bloodied claws dripping constantly with said fluid, his legs had turned into like those of a goat’s and his body doubled in size. He stood in the midst of everyone who was watching, they had been all paralyzed with fear.

What they were looking at was not a monster, it was an abomination to creation itself. It laughed loudly at them. The voice was that of Olivia herself and that made them all wet and soil themselves out of terror.

“Forass died a long time ago before he even came to this fortress, killed by one of the undead servants that serves the Mystwell family. Of course I did some experimentation on him after extracting the information that I wanted from him, he had a lot of knowledge about the dark arts and thus he became an experiment to them. Isn’t that right Forass?”

The voice switches to a deep and insane filled laughter, the man was still alive when his body had been transformed into this and he had now gone crazy from it. 

“Y…..YOU…..SHALL…..ALL…..GO….TO….SLEEP……NOW!!HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!”

James’ heart that sunk the moment he saw that began to freeze over as the feeling of drowsiness swept his body, he tried to grab his sword to slay the beast before him as his son was trying to do. But both fell to the ground defeated by the sleep spell that covered the entire fortress, his mind which was in chaos was being swallowed by the lethal abyss of sleep. He was unable to go against the flow of nature, death was going to come to all of them.

A loud ear splitting scream could be heard from somewhere, that was the sound that woke James up from his nightmare. With drowsy eyes he began to regain the strength he lost during that damned meeting, James now waking into the world of the awake began to examine his surroundings. He was still disoriented from the Timed Slumber spell, but from what he could gather it was night time and the trees were so tall they seemed to block the sky out save only the moonlight which peeked between the branches and leaves. He touched a nearby tree which was shorter than the other trees as he could feel that he was about to fall down. Noticing something wet had gone onto his hand James decided to use the illumination orb spell to see even more clear in this dimly lit forest. He soon found out why it was shorter than the rest, James was unable to utter a single word let alone a sound. He froze in place as the scene unfolded before him, crucified on a cross Gary and the love of his life were there. 

Missing eyes, heavily bloodied bodies with precise cuts from knives and painful lash marks from whips, their lips were sown shut, their hands and feet nailed into each other through the wood, and their hearts ripped from their chests. This went over and beyond being a nightmare where one can simply wake up, it was a monkey’s dream that managed to carry itself over to reality. He then knew why he heard the scream when he woke up, it was the scream of one of his men who had seen this great cruelty against humanity. 

Tears flowed down his cheeks as he saw this, despair was written on his face as his family were brutally murdered and it was all his fault. Had he never participated inside of the slaughter of the Mystwell family they would still be alive with him and happily talking to him. But fate was merciless to both him and the Sage who the country decided to wrongfully betray. And now the latter was going to have her way with them all. He had to escape this forest no matter what even with one or two, it was enough to defy that woman! 

James had made up his mind about this and decided that it was the way to go for him, he began to walk after giving a prayer to his maimed and disfigured family. The forest could be said to be another world entirely solely because of the eerie atmosphere that it carried, the stale air that made him wonder if he was inside of a graveyard and finally the whisper like wind which made him think there was always someone close to him. There was no animals not even the nocturnal ones, even monsters could not be found within this forest, James began to wonder what kind of location he had been placed inside of due to all of these facts.

Another grief filled screamed echoed out somewhere inside of the forest, this one was close. James could feel as he ran towards the source, he would at least have company that would share his experience and sorrow but just as he arrives on another scene of horror he sees the source is already silenced. The first thing he sees is a man running away only for his head to get fired at by a maid who smiles at him, what’s left is his exposed fleshy lower jaw that continues to make a gurgled sound presumably screaming with no head. His hands look for the missing head but do not find it, what was odd about it all was the fact that he was still alive even after losing his head. James saw the maid turn her gaze towards him and smiled innocently as she waves her hand at him. 

He ran. He had to run, like a coward in the face of their first day of battle in a war. He didn’t want to die but there was something worrying him even more and that was the advent of pain that lay beyond death itself. What if you died and could still feel the pain of being brutally tortured?He didn’t stick around to ask questions. James didn’t know how long he ran but at this point he didn’t care about what would happen to his men, he had to live no matter what. For a large amount of time he had ran from the maid, not stopping even if he heard the death screams of his men being slaughtered by the ones they killed. He stopped as he now started to breathe heavily because of all the fleeing he had done, he was no closer to the exit of this forest than he was at the beginning.

“What kind of forest is this?!Where have I been teleported to?!”

He shouted in anger and was immediately given a reply.

“This is the Forest of Evil that the Magic Kingdom keeps all of its curses and secrets, a suitable place with a large amount of land dedicated to it.”

James immediately leapt away from the place he was and went the other direction, it was Olivia’s voice he had to sprint.

“I wouldn’t go there if I were you”

He didn’t listen as he suddenly saw an opening that could lead to his escape. He jumped through so he could finally scoff and laugh at her, this was his defiance of the curse of death!But he was far too happy for the wrong reason, just as the moonlight shined down on the large forest so did the cliff that James leapt out of lead him down back into an abyss of trees. He fell down the cliff breaking numerous bones in the process before reaching the bottom looking pitiful. 

“Tsk Tsk Tsk, I did warn you but now you are easier to capture and torture”

“NO!LEAVE ME BE!I JUST FOLLOWED ORDERS!I WOULD HAVE DIED IF I DIDN’T FOLLOW THEM!!”

“Dying isn’t so bad James, it’s only just the beginning. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!”

“STOP LAUGHING!!NO DON’T COME CLOSER!!PLEASE NO!!I DON’T WANT ANY OF THIS!!”

And thus it was James’ turn to let out a blood curdling scream as Olivia drove through several long nails into the joints of his body placing a paper seal on his forehead which began to burn itself there. When it was done James in that pitiful and painful state was forced to walk with her, with his bones already broken and being shattered even further. He gave off cries of pain but she didn’t listen as they now arrived back at where she had warned him to not go.

“Now then with broken bones and nailed through your body’s joints, sprint over the cliff falling over for about one thousand times”

Her eyes were stained with evil and she smirked at him making his face be dyed in pure despair. 

The Order of the Mountain Bear had gone missing 2 days ago, none was left of them or their families who they foolishly gathered up in one place. Marquis Sullivan had locked himself up in his castle making his security even tighter than before, surveillance birds were stationed around the castle so no one could carelessly come towards his home without being interrogated and kicked out of the vicinity of the birds. He was deathly afraid of that incident as was his son, this was working to Myne’s advantage who was going to raid his home at night time on the 4th day.

“Everyone I am home ~”

Her mother said with a sing song type of voice as she entered the basement of their research, where Myne had been watching him with a device that was far superior to the surveillance birds that Marquis Sullivan stationed in the nearby area, in the shape of an invisible glass eye with a vision range that spanned 10 meters, automatically spawning another eye that would cover another distance these were all over the Marquis’ castle. She called them The Eyes of the Wicked. Walking right behind her mother was a thing that looked like a child who played with clay in the form of a human but the said clay was its flesh. 

“I presume that is James right?”

“Yes, he was so much fun to play with. I intend to play with him when Lindell is here. How is the surveillance going?”

“Good. Father is preparing the army of golems, he is installing the souls just as I had instructed him.”

“What about your little brother Skye?”

“He is placing the teleportation stones just as I had said, and even putting them in random places so we could break through into the castle, he’s such a good boy”

“Where’s the location of the teleportation?”

“Well that’s easy. The family battleground”

“You really thought this through didn’t you Myne”

“I did.”

“What will you do after your revenge is over?”

“I intend to make the world know its place by making the demons the most technologically advanced race there is, since they are already the most proficient at magic. I want them to diversify their options on how to use that untapped magic, only when they have conquered the world will I go back to being a simple researcher.”

“And who is to aid you in such a great journey Myne?”

“The comrades that died with me. The Goddess said she will resurrect them just like me and together we will create the perfect world, the age of men will fall and the age of the demons will rise.”

“Heh. I am glad you have a set goal instead of becoming a revenge demon.”

“I think ahead more than I did when I was alive.”

Both mother and daughter began to have a leisurely talk about the things they would do in the distant future with Gwen joining in and laughing like they used to. The basement of their research was a devil’s workshop and even if they were chatting good hearted topics noblewomen would talk about the things they did was akin to ruthless evil witches from fairy tales. The screams of the knights persisted even as they talked.

The fourth day of the curse welcomed the Sullivan household with a sky that was filled with murky clouds, the security net that surrounded the castle was tight to the point no one could get in even if they wanted to force their way in. Lindell was supposed to feel safest on this day however such emotions were not present in the current hour to him, his son Jonathan was eating the food on the table like a pig without so much as etiquette in his form. He sighed as he watched his son leisurely act like nothing was going to happen on this day.

“Father eat up!There is nothing to fear anymore the fourth day is here and we are still alive”

“Had I been wise I would have chosen a better heir to our family”

His son let out a squeal like cry from hearing that.

“Wha-What do you mean by that Father!”

“The day isn’t over yet and we are still confined in our own home, yet here you are instead of thinking up ways of escaping from the enemy the moment they pop out you are fattening yourself up like a swine that is going to be led to the slaughter”

“……”

He stopped eating for a moment and merely stared at his father who sighed before standing up and looking outside right into the garden.

“All of this will vanish….”

“B-But Father we are mages!We can still fight!”

“Magic can do everything. Ever heard of that saying, you pig?Unlike the foolish peasants who think it is limited magic can do everything, even resurrect the dead. Gods can pull off wonders and miracles at the drop of the hat and humans who are made in the form of the gods can do likewise.”

“…..”

“I am sorry Jon, I am just stressed out”

“Its okay Father”

His father had been caught in maelstrom of self reflection, everything that attributed to his success: the schemes he had to do to rise, the blackmail he had on the other nobles, the bribes he took , and the countless of rug pulls he did on so many people was all going to vanish today. Was there a way to escape fate?Was there a way for him to live?He just didn’t know as he went back to the table and began to eat the food that many of his people would dream of eating. 

“Eat whilst you still can Jon.”

“Hmm?”

“This might be the last healthy meal you’ll have.”

“……okay”

Jonathan merely accepted what his father had said as the sun which had been high when they got inside of here was now setting. 

The clouds had dispersed as if in clear fear of something, the clear night sky was in full view yet there was something weird about this. The stars were missing from the equation only the full moon which seemed larger than before was slowly making its way to the center of the sky. The knights, mercenaries and adventurers had been stationed around the castle of the Marquis. They had special times that they were given to patrol the land surrounding the castle, the adventurers and mercenaries were in the morning and afternoon shifts interchanging with each other when needed with the knights of the Marquis patrolling at night time. The Order of the Boar had heard of what happened to the Mountain Bear and were afraid if the same fate was going to set its sights on them.

“The Marquis’ daily report: anything out there?”

The knight captain said with a stern voice as he approached the fourth tower of the gate.

“Nothing sir. No attacks from our end not even a goblin has been spotted.”

“What about our men in the nearby forest and surrounding areas?”

“I was about to check on that sir”

“Then do it immediately”

“Aye”

The young knight began to use the communication magic known as Mittere to hear what the other knights in the vicinity had to say. After several minutes he began to show signs of worry on his face.

“Any response?”

“No…”

“They’ve been struck down, alright I want you to run down the stairs and inform all of the archers to-?!”

They had taken measures that the people would be not affected by the attack that the enemy would do and teleported the castle a safe distance away from the town but then everyone saw it, a great light coming from where the town of Savil was supposed to be with heavy smoke rising into the moonlit sky. Soon right above them is a giant airship hovered above them, this was one of the wrecked airships that Sapere entrusted to the Mystwell family after they acquired it in the war with the Empire. It was heavily modified and seemed to be even more technologically advanced than anything they could imagine as it loomed over them all blocking the moonlight. The sound of a loud shrill could be heard everywhere as the castle began to shake over. If one could compare the shaking to that of a strong earthquake that was happening. 

They found themselves in a unfamiliar land after that great earthquake, they had been teleported a great distance away from the town of Savil. How much power did their enemy use just to make them experience this?What kind of enemy were they dealing with?Was it the Empire planning on invading their land?There was so many questions that had to be answered yet no one could tell them any of those because the situation was not in their favor. 

“Lad are you okay?”

“Yes sir!I am”

“Good, a report on the land immediately!”

“W-We are what appears to be an old battlefield”

“I can see that but where!”

“I am not sure but this seems to be the Mystwell battlefield”

“They had a battlefield?”

“Yes, they slaughter most of their enemies in this battlefield…….”

“Out with it lad!”

“Sir look for yourself”

“Why you little- what is that?”

Ahead of the teleported castle was a force of a thousand. Using the Far Distance Sight spell the knight captain could see the outlines of troops that were coming towards them in a steady and loud march, carrying swords in their right hands and heavy looking shields with a single glowing eye like orb in the center. They were all in black armor that shined in the moonlight, but what shimmered far brighter than their armor was their crimson eyes that made them look like a demon horde ready to pounce on them all. 

“P-PREPARE THE ARCHERS!!MEN WE ARE AT WAR GRAB YOUR WEAPONS AND PREPARE TO BATTLE TO THE DEATH FOR YOUR LORD!!”

From the frontlines he could see Viscount Mystwell smiling on his armor clad black horse, he points his sword at them with a single word coming out from his mouth.

“ATTACK!!”

The enemy forces did not run like normal men would, they ran at the same pace a horse would. The knight captain could feel a scream come up from his throat as he saw this almost panicking at their terrifying speed. Even more frightening was the Viscount and his horse which were about to arrive at the castle in a couple of minutes. Just before it does so something leaps high into the air, with a single command to shoot at that the leaping object the archers all shoot precisely at it but their arrows are all deflected by daggers as the object spreads out its cape revealing a wingspan of daggers that all launch into the bodies of the archers who fall down screaming as they are hit by different magic attributes dying as the object land on the walls. 

“S-Sage Myne!”

The knight captain screams out as he sees who it is. She under the moonlight smiles as she sees her name shouted in pure despair approaching the knight captain in quick speed. The knight captain unsheathes his sword immediately at that moment however she has already approached his location and precisely stabs between the joints of his armor with the short sword she had on her person. He is surprised by her expertise on the weapon something she never had before. The surrounding knights make noises of alarm to which she responses with a mere laugh as she leaves her main weapon inside of the knight captain taking two daggers into her hands. 

A dance of death begins to occur as she cuts off the arm of the nearby knight before stuffing a dagger right into his face causing him to die instantly, she leaps frontwards to stand on the drawn blade of the next knight using her free hands to grab him by the neck and twisting it as she lands on the ground. Taking yet another dagger from her waist she slashes the neck of the next person who is in her vicinity about to attack her with his spear, she then uses his body as a shield to block all of the magic they throw at it before entering the weapon zones of the other two knights using the elements embedded within the daggers: fire and lightning which causes the two scream in pain. Myne had already killed all of the knights who were in this tower area, smiling under the moonlight with blood covering her face. Even though he was dying the knight captain had to accept she looked very erotic in the light.

“Heh. Now I know why David got intoxicated in being covered in demon blood from time to time, its exciting causing death to your enemies directly by the sword. “

The last thing the knight captain saw was Myne drawing her sword out of his body and using it to decapitate him. The sound of the gate shattering into pieces could be heard as his head dropped to the ground.

The bodies of the knights of the Sullivan castle had been sprawled out on the ground of the Mystwell battlefield, their enemies were far superior to them in every way thought possible. Their armor could not be cut or damaged in any way, their skills as warriors could easily send them back to the academy for a thousand year training, their sheer strength was enough to sunder their bodies in half sending their body parts flying and their speed was terrifying as it created a red afterglow that made them scream. The gate had been breached with the one sided slaughter continuing on inside of the castle. The servants of the Marquis were all brutally murdered by the demon knights, as for the Marquis himself and his son. They were trying to find a way to escape.

“Father what do we do!They are inside of the castle and killing everyone!”

“I don’t know figure that out yourself!”

Lindell said to his son abandoning him as he ran towards one of the rooms where he could use a teleportation spell. Jonathan squealed like a pig as he began to make his way to his panic room, running as hard as he could. He lamented that he had so little stamina as he heard the screams were getting closer. 

“Just a bit further!”

He said with a tired voice, reaching his bedroom where he was mostly holed up when he was tired or sleeping with women he took from those he saw unworthy. He began to scramble at the books where he kept the spell that would put him inside of a secret room that was hidden from everyone else. Footsteps of a being were coming closer as he did so, he finally finds the book that immediately says the key word to get inside of his panic room. Jonathan drops to the ground and sighs in relief.

“This room is soooooo cool!!”

His eyes were opened wide as he heard another voice inside his safe haven, he looked around and saw a young boy sitting in one of his favorite sofas smiling innocently as he did so. 

“I also want a room like this as well!We are alone in here as well!”

“Wait, please don-“

“I never said you should speak swine”

His happy go lucky facade slips in an instant as Jonathan reaches his hand out to the boy he recognized as Skye. 

“I am going to punish you for making Gwen suffer after being rejected by her. You are going to be my first torture victim!”

Jonathan tries to run but then his leg gets ensnared in something, he looks down in fear and sees he is caught in a bear trap. Before long he screams in pain and starts to cry.

“PWEASE FOGIVE ME I AM SHO SORRY!”

“Speak like a pig should”

“Wha”

“Didn’t you hear me I said squeal like a pig!”

A strong punch is hit across his face making him doubt whether it actually came from a child or not. He makes the sounds a pig should but the child begins to laugh as he takes a hammer and breaks his knees. 

“BUHIIIIIOH?!”

“Ah that really sounded like the sound a pig would make, maybe the more I inflict pain on you, the more you’ll sound like a pig!In the end you’ll look like one too!I’ll ask Myne to teach me how to alter brains and bodies like the way she did with that apprentice court mage Forass!”

Skye smiles in pure evilness as he looks down on Jonathan who begins to cry with tears in his eyes with the sudden appearance of even more instruments this young boy who had been tainted by evil itself . 

He was right to worry about his future, he could see the dead corpses of the ones who were once his knights as well as the horde of unworldly knights who were coming for him. He kept on running even though he could hear the screams of the servants of the household, within one of the windows he could see Mystwell waving at him with a big smile on his face. He had to keep on going otherwise he would meet his end here, he had to tell the kingdom of the great evil that was to come to them all. The technology that the resurrected Mystwell family had was going to conquer the world and they would rule it with an iron fist, he kept on running until he sees Myne who was covered in the blood of his knights smiling with several floating daggers near her. He screams as several knives stab his body, she silently walked towards him with an aura that he had never seen before. It was filled with the despair filled faces of the damned, he could see the faces of the Order of the Mountain Bear who were all crying in pain and suffering.

“We can talk about this Myne

“Myne?She’s rotting in the Devil’s Gorge, I am Marchosias an evil witch”

“W-we can-AAAAAAAAAARGH!!”

The daggers began to twist by themselves with a light burning in his flesh, with Myne wickedly smiling along with her father and mother who had appeared suddenly.

“no….no…NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!”

His fingers were broken, legs bent in the wrong direction, stabbed numerous times and beaten to death but worse was the torture that Gwen did to him filling him up with flesh eating worms and him being sexually assaulted by special goblins which made from the souls of the knights who slaughtered their family. But his nightmare was continuing on and this was his hell.

“So where to next Marchosias?”

“The Demon King’s palace, I am sure that Fiona is already there. I am sure she’s the one who has changed the most in appearance.”

“I would like to meet her as well”

“And this David of yours”

“I’ll mention this now, David has a lover and I am not interested in him”

“We’re just joking Marchosias”

“To a new future”

Marchosias smiles as she flies inside of her invisible airship having the research facility stored in a special space.

1