Fertiliser
15 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“All things need nutrients to survive.”

This is an irrefutable fact. I know this. As a farmer, I was raised to listen to things I planted. It’s just a little hard to do that, when what I planted isn’t what grows. My family were the proud owners ‘Eden Garden Farms’ and I was it’s heir apparent.

Water. Dig. Fertiliser. Plant the seed.

This cycle repeats no matter the season, no matter the weather and no matter the time; no exceptions. My family have been farmers and gardeners for generations, it was just what we did. This business all started with my great great grandfather, who for a lack of a better word, wasn’t very bright. He traded his family’s prized cow for some ‘useless’ beans that just wouldn’t grow at least that’s what his mother mother thought. He would water them and made sure they were in the sun but the only thing that changed in the area where they were planted was the state of the soil.

His mother wasn’t pleased. Her displeasure didn’t last for very long; she died not soon after. As they say, ‘when one life ends, another begins.' The seed that would do nothing but stubbornly sit in the soil finally decided to bud. It eventually grow into a beautiful Dogwood tree in the Easter and as a man of principle, he wanted to test his new theory so the following Autumn when his neighbour died, he planted another seed. It too grew. It grew into a magnificent apple tree. We’ve been in the farming business ever since.

Water. Dig. Fertiliser. Plant the seed.

“Jack. How many times have we told you if you can see fingers, you haven’t dug deep enough.”

2