Promo 1
205 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

BEFORE YOU READ!

This is the old promo! This is not official and this is not what the story will look like. So, please skip this and read chapter 1.

 

If you don't want to skip this then enjoy this old promo. Anyway, have a great day!

 

 

 

 

Red walked me into town, humming a little tune in her glitched voice. The town was a pretty cheerful, if not small, town. It was also a desert town. I wanted to look up but, my eyes were glued to the ground. I was trembling. I knew that right now, Red wouldn't torture me, but that doesn't help me calm down. I could feel the sharp claws on her fingers, and even if they weren't cutting into me, the fact that I could feel them was still scaring me. I also knew that Red was well aware that I was afraid. Though, surprisingly enough, she wasn't saying anything about it.

"So, what are we going to do here?"

I froze. Didn't she take me here? How am I supposed to know what to do here? What does this town offer? Should I look up to see? No. Ugh...I can't. Red is too scary! But, if I don't answer her, then what? I-I have to answer her. B-but what shall-

Red spun me around to face her, crouched down with her clawed hand holding my chin up, forcing me to look into her black hollow eyes. Her red pupils had a glint to them.

"I'm only joking, little toy. How would you know, especially if your head is down," Red said in an amused voice.

She let me go and took me by the hand again before we started walking, heading towards what looked to be the marketplace of this small town. Despite the town being small, this market had a wide variety of things. Red and I headed towards one old lady wearing a white apron with a pink shirt underneath. She looked very kind. She perked up when she noticed Red and me coming towards her.

"Ah! Red, I haven't seen you in so long. How have you been?" She asked Red as if she was talking to an old friend which, going by the context of what she said, they probably are.

Now I know that she may be old, but even I think an old lady can see that Red looks scary, and the trembling me with a red claw mark on my left cheek. Either the NPCs see nothing wrong with Red and what she does or this entire town and some others are in on it, and by that I mean they know what Red does and are perfectly okay with it.

'I hope it isn't the ladder...or actually both. If none of the NPCs can see Red for what she is and what she does to us, then she can kill us right under their noses even if we are in the middle of an army, and the army won't lift a finger to stop her.'

Red puts her right hand on the top of my head and I felt myself jolt.

"Thinking some scary stuff, are you now? Well, don't worry. Right now, I just want some melons."

With that, Red held up four fingers and the old lady took out for nice if not weirdly colored melons. Red dropped a five-cent coin as...payment? And the old lady accepted it!? My baffled look was stopped when Red gently tapped me on my shoulder and pointing at the melons.

'Does she want me to pay for them or something?'

I opened up my inventory and was about to take out some money when Red sighed.

"No. I want you to put them in your inventory."

I felt myself jolt again out of fear of annoying my kidnapper and quickly put the melons into my inventory. With a wave goodbye, me and Red started walking off back towards the direction we came from. When the town was out of sight and a small forest began to take place, I recognized that we were heading back to the cliff where I first ran into Red. Before we reached the cliff, Red suddenly let go of my hand and spun around, causing me to let out a yelp. I don't know why I am thinking about it now but, once again I realized that Red had to lean down to tower over me since she was so tall.

"So afraid. So scared. So very afraid."

She leaned closer, her pupils no longer red but a bright glowing orange.

"Tell me, are you that scared of me?"

I didn't even get a chance to say anything when Red started laughing, standing back straight up.

"Don't answer. You always will be afraid of me, and that's fine by me. After all,"

Red opened her mouth disgustingly wide, showing her razor sharp fangs. Out from her mouth came twisted child-like hands, reaching out as if they were trying to escape from the inside of Red.

"You Should Fear God."

Red snapped her mouth closed, the hands disappearing back inside her throat before her teeth connected, and Red glitched, some of her body disappearing while some of the colors making her up freaked out. It lasted for only two seconds before stopping. When they did, Red's eyes were back to being orange in color...or pupils really. 

"Now come on, we are almost there."

With that, Red grabbed my hand again and started walking up towards the cliff. When we arrived, I once again was puzzled about how it didn't feel like we climbed hundreds, maybe even thousands of feet up into the air. The cliff had a great view of the desert, with the town barely visible in the distance since it was mainly located to the right of the cliff. It wasn't really in the distance but more covered by the trees surrounding the cliff, though there weren't many trees to the left of the cliff.

On top of the cliff, or Red's home I guess, is a simple picnic mat on the ground, a couple of park benches and tables, three fishing rods with a fourth black broken one, and a hammock hung together between two trees, the one closest to the cliff's edge being a working coconut tree. How it is surviving, let alone bear fruit, is beyond me. Skashrim was always a supporter of realistic environments. My only guess was that maybe the coconut tree was surviving because the cliff was really close if not in the desert. Then again, I don't know. 

'It may also have something to do with Red.'

From what I can tell, Red is a glitch or something. A rouge AI NPC or virus, maybe even both. She with two others, both of who I forgot but I think one of them had a giant knife or something, were told in a story by someone on a video sharing platform. Later, it became a legend that, now and days, was seen as a joke. It was scary when it first came out, with someone making a game based on the story and animations and the such. There was even an entire wiki dedicated to these three beings which many believe were one, just in different forms. I don't know too many details myself since I heard most of this from a friend and from another after...

....Red attacked my group, leaving only me alive. 

I shook my head, clearing myself of those thoughts.

'Get it together, Katie! Thinking like that isn't going to help your situation out.'

There is a possibility that Red, known for her red eyes even though her Cadces or whatever the wiki called them were orange, was created purposely by the creator of this DLC who trapped us in here but, I personally don't think that's the case. From what I could tell, he was a stickler to the old game. He made it perfectly like the old game except with a different story and some different bosses. I'm glad he changed some of the old bosses you have to kill or get dangerously close to in order to completely fulfill one hundred percent of the story. I fought Elsaline twice...and I should have stopped at once. Sneaking past her in order to get a sample and read a ruin from her "shrine" was the most terrifying thing that has happened to me. Well, until now at least. Red takes the cake. 

Back to the point, Red seems very much like a glitch and has no mention in any of the stories so far. Not the main one, nor the secret one, nor any of the side quests, nor even in ancient ruins and books. She makes NPCs act weird and they ignore her and any players she is influencing, which is something I doubt the creator would put in. Also, he never added in any of the fan-wanted stuff except for one weapon and one mini-boss. Red sticks out like a sore thumb...even though she seems to be an extremely hidden NPC, her home out of the boundaries of the map and in a secret area with little story in it. But, if Red is real, then she has killed a lot of people. At least, that is what her story says.

'And, just like the person telling the story, I'm her lucky victim. She'll play with me to her heart's content. Once she is done, she'll kill me without any remorse or hesitation.'

Despite trying my best to not think negative thoughts, I couldn't break out of them this time. They kept coming in until all I could think about were bad thoughts. I was shivering, playing every fantasy in what horrible ways I will die in my head. I remember doing this when I first learned that I was trapped in the game and will experience everything that happens to my avatar like I myself was here. Funny how, at the time, I did not even think of the possibility of being some deranged being's plaything. Their toy that they could simply discard at any time.

"Little Katie, it is time to eat."

Red's glitchy...I should stop saying glitchy since it wasn't actually really glitching, just more of it has a weird indescribable effect to it, broke me out of my thoughts. I looked towards her and saw her sitting down, the four melons I put in my inventory out of it on the picnic mat. I checked my inventory and saw that they were indeed gone. I reluctantly took a seat down, Red standing to wipe off one of the tables placed about randomly.

'As much as I would like to say that I am not hungry, I am. I just hope the food isn't poisoned in any way.'

Red joined me, sitting in front of me with the four melons in between us. Each melon was a different color yet shared the same pink stripes.

"Each melon here have different flavors. This one," Red said, gently tapping a pink striped green melon, "tastes like the melon you know. Watermelon in other words."

"This one," Red said, tapping the sandy green and pink striped melon, "taste a bit like mango mixed in with orange."

Red explained that the melon that was orange tasted like bananas and kiwi, which she claims is good, and the purple one tastes like grapes. She then proceeded to tap each melon, each melon turning into triangularly cut pieces within an instant. No magic or anything. I could tell which melon was which since the skin or shell was still on the pieces. Remembering which flavor is which, I decided to eat the familiar melon, which was the green melon. Like Red had said, this melon did taste like watermelon. I stuck with the watermelon-like one until I noticed that Red was looking at me, watching me eat.

Before I could say anything, she tapped on the mat with her fingers and all the melons were cut into small cube pieces, mixed around and the skin off of them, meaning there was no way to tell them apart.

"Careful. More than one of them may be poisoned."

I froze and felt a drop of sweat run down my face. Red wasn't joking. While we were making our way back to the cliff when she captured me the first time, she made me eat dasper berries, which will make you throw up if the berries aren't ripe or are overly ripe. Of course, I was horrible at telling and I was starved throughout most of the journey. Red is a sadist, through and through. 

I knew that refusing to eat wasn't an option. Red wouldn't let me off that easily. So, with a shaky hand, I picked up a piece of melon and gave it a sniff. It smelled like melon, nothing more and nothing less. So, with tears about to burst from my eyes, I took a small bite of the melon. It...tasted like watermelon. I ate it and let out a sigh of relief. My relief turned into embarrassment when my stomach growled. I looked up at Red and saw her raising an eyebrow, looking at me expectantly.

With a mental sigh, I picked up another piece, examining it for any sign that it could be poisoned, whether by injected or by some oddly shaded juice. I even sniffed it again. Once again, it smelled like melon, though a little bit like wine too. I put it down and grabbed another piece, this was slightly covered by two other pieces. I sniffed it and once again, sniffed melon, this time without any wine-like scent mixed in. I took a bite out of it and instantly spat it out. It wasn't bad tasting but it was the grape one. I probably didn't smell the wine because I sniffed it before and because it was covered in the juices of the other two melons.

Red burst out laughing. When she stopped, she gave me a amused look.

"Tasted a grape one, did you? Well, here's a little hint. None of them are poisonous to you."

"Wha-?" I got out, still in shock from what I had assumed was my death.

Red picked up a piece of melon and showed it to me.

"See that seed. If many small animals were to eat it, they would die. Humans and humanoids won't."

Red studied the melon in her hand, flipping it over, before her red eyes settled on me and she chuckled.

"You should learn to ask questions, little Katie. Even if you are afraid. Especially when dealing with devils and the such, or deals one would call such."

"A-are you calling yourself a devil?" I asked before cursing myself.

Red didn't answer right away. Instead, her red eyes grew brighter before dimming back to how they were before.

"I am God, and always will be God. But, in most worlds, God and the Devil are one of the same. The same being that is either forcefully split in two or kept the same. The devil was created as a scapegoat, little Katie, yet the devil seems to be able to do things that God can. Isn't that...peculiar?"

"Of course, I am not the devil part of this world's God. No. I am just God. No devil side to me," Red added before I could ask the question. 

Red popped a few melon pieces into her mouth before standing up.

"Well, I have some business to attend to. Stay here and eat the melons or run away after you eat the melons. It doesn't  matter to me. After all,"

Red leaned in close to me and I could smell the blood and scent of death on her breath, as well as the fruity smell of the melons.

"you can't run for long. You're mine, and nothing you can do will change that."

With those words, Red disappeared. Just vanished into thin air. Where she went I don't know, and right now it isn't really my concern. Then again, I can't help but worry that she may be going after my friends.

With a sigh and tears coming out of my eyes, I started to eat the melons, not caring if Red was lying about the poison. They were...rather delicious.

 

 

3