Morning meeting
39 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As soon as Herbs & Lotions opened for business, Alfraed gathered his Store Manager and Team Leaders to relay the 500-bottles order he received yesterday from the Halfling-owner of Night Crown. The young boss was anxious whether the current store had enough capacity to service the order, fortunately, that worry turned out to be unfounded when his senior employees confidently informed they could get them ready by tomorrow.

"Thank you for your hard work"

Their positive answer reminded him once again that he had reliable people supporting him, and he needed to cherish them.

Now that issue about the order was solved in record time, it was time to move on to another issue, which related to Alfraed's involvement in the brawl that happened in the Night Crown at the very same day. He planned to keep quiet about this incident as to not make them panic. However, the plan went down the drain because he forgot to tell Hybald to keep this a secret, and the young potion-maker arrived way earlier than usual today to spread the story.

"The boss defeated a violent adventurer easily and got an exclusive date with a popular 'model'!" announced him in a bombastic gesture and story-telling. That kind of unusual ruckus was impossible to escape Elise's sharp hearing.

So, in this session Alfraed was practically interrogated by his older-employees who cared so much for his well-being. He did not feel any discomfort, instead he appreciated their warm attention. Although, the usually carefree Lisa was especially intense in questioning him, and insisted she accompanied him next time. He even felt silent bloodlust, and heard her muttered "that degenerate! I'll make him longed for something as sweet as death if I ever saw him!". On top of that, there something like a pointed object underneath her sleeve ...Must be his imagination, the Lisa he knew would never spouted such blood-curling statement or bring dangerous item.

Alfraed, as well as everyone else, was in the dark that the young maiden to all intents and purposes had the necessary skills and capability to make her declaration a reality, no matter if the opponent turned out to be a sliver-ranked adventurer. Strength was not the only factor to determine the outcome of a battle, and she fully aware how to utilize that fact to the fullest.

"…Boss Alf, you are free to go out with anyone. But, don't forget to wear 'protection'…"

After the interrogation ended and they were satisfied with his answers, Beno reluctantly gave an unexpected suggestion to his boss, and the other nodded in unison to express their agreement.

"I'm not going with anyone!!"

Hearing that, Alfraed let out an exasperated cry to deny the claim, and the three employees were relieved.

Before they started to discuss a third issue, Alfraed went and grabbed several unattended products that had nice fragrance from the shelve and put them on a table for his employees to see.

"I want to start promoting these"

Like he did in the Night Crown, Alfraed gave explanation about the 'Lotions' part from Herbs & Lotions to make them understand what the products represent.

The first product was a viscous liquid to wash one's hair, aside from giving an enjoyable aroma, it also strengthened the hair and helped them grow faster. Second, a substance to improve the hair after the use of the first product, allowing them to be softer and smoother. Third, a liquefied soap, enable to make the skin healthier and smell like a treat. And, the last product was the same cream products he distributed to 'models' at the Night Crown acted as anti-aging to the skin.

Alfraed gave written notes about the required ingredients and how to make the products to his employees, and instructed them to make a hundred gift hampers that contained each item. Around twenty hampers would be distributed to the employees. Fifty for the 'models' in the Night Crown, and he asked Hybald to be the one to take care of the delivery as he was already acquainted with several of the 'models'. He also thought about giving the samples to Kelreas and Fiona from the Union, they had vast business network and might knew what to do next. And, the remaining should be put here until he knew where to send them next.

"Boss Alf, why not giving a number of them to the Association?"

"That was my plan. But, do they really need them…?"

Elise reminded Alfraed there were many female adventurers whose hair and skin exposed to dirt and other unfavourable elements during quests. They might ignore their condition since there were no products such as these at the moment. If those female knew, Elise believe they would came looking for it aggressively. The products indeed could be used for both genders, but It was female's basic instinct to appear attractive. As one herself, she understood this clearly.

"I see. How many do you think we should distribute as samples?"

"For now, twenty should be enough. And, I think we should give Dal samples too. He might not use it for himself, but a man like him must have acquaintances in the upper-part of society that has fondness of outer beauty"

Alfraed totally missed Dal, as he was too preoccupied with his hairless-head image. Thank goodness Elise noticed the dwarf's potential. She also suggested to let the older children to arrange the hampers, and they could give them some pocket money or candy as reward. Her intention was mainly to reduce costs, as Lisa and Beno might need to work above their working hours to complete the job. Nonetheless, it could be an interesting experience for the children.

"…Boss, I think you can skip my portion and give it to other potential buyer"

"…May I know why Ms. Lisa?"

Lisa's remark was not within Alfraed's expectation, and he wanted to know her reasoning to suggest something sad like that.

"…I don't think it suits me. You know, about my origin…"

Lisa was an immigrant from another continent, a Sirva. Even though people in Herbs & Lotions, especially Alfraed, did not care about such issue, she was discriminated by the general populace and seen as unattractive.

"Ms. Lisa, let me be honest, you're beautiful! Don't let anyone make you think otherwise."

"B-boss?! Erm, well, o-okay, I'll try…"

Seeing his employee's weak side, Alfraed reflexively hold both her hands together and assured Lisa she possessed all the criteria to be called having an appealing appearance. Being complimented for the first time of how she looks, not about how excellent she was in eliminating a target, moreover from someone she respected, the Sirva lady was mentally subdued and obediently followed his suggestion.

On the other hand, Elise and Beno caught a glimpse of their kind boss' huge flair as a womanizer. It was a blessing for every woman around him he did not have the personality to match that terrifying talent.

With all three matters concluded, Alfraed's target on what to do today was fulfilled. Tomorrow, he would go gathering herbs in the wild by himself again, it was going to be lonely, yet needed to be done. Though, with the remaining days visiting one place was the best he could do.

"Excuse me, my good people"

A rather high-pitched voice could be heard floating from a lone figure standing in front of Herbs & Lotions' entrance, and when Alfraed and the other noticed his presence the man bowed gracefully. From his flashy style of clothing and conduct, Alfraed immediately recognized him as the dandy and eccentric appraiser from the Association. Besides, there was little chance he would mistook him for someone else…

…In a fraction of second, Alfraed realized something, he and Elise looked at one another after witnessing his appearance, and they silently nodded with their eyes. They found a prey, err, potential customer for the products. But, in order to be polite, they would wait after he stated his business here to give the samples.

"My good ladies and gentlemen, this humble me would like to ask a tiny portion of your precious time to relay an important message that in the day after today our dazzling senior counsellor who was loved by everyone, Ms. Vanessa, will descent from her high place to this lovely place of yours when the sun just woke up from his slumber along with a faithful pair of our proud gold-ranked adventurers"

Alfraed was not joking when thought he just spent a great deal of concentration to understand his sophisticated speech that merely saying Vanessa would come tomorrow in early morning with two gold rankers, something that could be conveyed within seconds. Contrary to him, Elise seemed to be able to get what he said effortlessly, while Lisa and Beno seemingly lost in the middle.

"May I know your name first, sir?" asked Alfraed, trying to be as polite as he could be.

"Ah yes, how impolite of me to not present oneself first in another man's domain, dear me. Mine name is Vulgarr Pursome, please remember it dearly within your mind and heart my good sir"

You know, Alfraed used up the remaining of his concentration and willpower to contain his laughter after learning such an elegant person as him had an opposite name to his very existence. Forgetting that name was already beyond the realm of what was possible to him. Simultaneously, Beno and Lisa already left the place, and he could guess the reason.

"Mr. Pursome, if I may, what is the purpose of their visit tomorrow?"

Only Elise who was not one bit fazed by the revelation, and as the only one who could still conduct a normal conversation she calmly asked a question related to the given information.

"It is a sad thing indeed. But, mine self currently do not possess the knowledge nor the capacity to know the answer to your question. I offer mine apology"

"It's quite alright. Then, we just need to wait until tomorrow to know"

"Exactly as you said my fair madam"

Before the prey, ehm, Vulgarr left Herbs & Lotions, Elise gave him a basket containing the product samples. Alfraed wondered when exactly did she have the time to prepare those, it was a mystery in itself. On the other hand, Vulgarr's eyes produced endless sparkles as Elise gave explanation of what each product would do. Seeing his reaction, the Store Manager knew she already seized a future customer, and secretly gave a thumb up to her boss.

For years to come, Vulgarr became their number one loyal customer.

1