Chapter 4
3.1k 11 63
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 4

---------------------------------------------

After Adrian walked away, his mother, Floriana made a strange gesture, upon which a lady wrapped in all black appeared behind her and bowed.

The lady in black sported many hidden daggers and light weight armor underneath her black coverings.

Floriana, without looking back commanded,

[Antona, you have served me well all these years. There were many battles that would have ended up catastrophically, if not for you. We fought together for so long as we fended off many kinds of enemies.]

Floriana sighed before she continued,

[But, like me, your body too is severely injured. It would be too much of a waste for your talents to rot by just managing the Shadow Squad. The team you trained are very well equipped to help me in the future.]

Lost in the nostalgic past, she paused slightly. Floriana then continued,

[I have a new mission for you. You are relieved of your duties of the captain of the Shadow Squad. Your new mission will be your lifetime mission.]

Floriana's eyes softened as she spoke further,

[From now on, you must secretly guard Adrian without letting him know about you. You must not let anything bad happen to him under your watch. I trust your capabilities so, guard him well, please.]

[Yes.]

The lady in black, Antona disappeared, while Floriana stayed like that for a while.

(...an Assassin should be more than enough protection for Adrian, unless he plans of venturing out of the country. Nevertheless Drone is very capable, so Adrian should be fine...)

Floriana then retreated back into her bedroom.

--------------------------------------------

Adrian came back to his room & started to plan for his escapade.

Under the curious gaze of Drone, Adrian kept on mumbling by himself & wrote scribblings on his diary.

Drone had received a command from the Guild Master to be the bodyguard & protector of Adrian on his adventures & was determined to do a great job.

To him, it felt like the greatest reward to be able to follow the great & wise Young Master Adrian on his quest for greatness outside.

He was so determined about his new appointment that he brought his own luggage & started to camp in Adrian's room in advance.

Of course, this did not sit well with Adrian himself,

[Hey You. How long do you plan on being here?]

Drone suddenly stood up from the spot and self righteously said,

[Don't joke around Young Master! As your personal number 1 servant, how can I be away from you! I must continue to guard you all the time! I will lay down my life on the line of protecting you!!]

Adrian could only face palm himself & continue with his work. He couldn't bear to look away from his work, as he might vomit endlessly.

-------------------------------------------

After falling asleep, Adrian was able to see the system menu again.

<Start Session>

<Logout>

Adrian finally knew that the dream he saw was real.

(...I can indeed catch Pokemon with this system. But how would that be beneficial? Can I use the Pokemon in the real world? Is that even possible?...)

Adrian had his doubts, but the desire to become stronger drove him with urgency.

(...I have to try. Unless I do it, there is no way of knowing...)

Adrian mentally chose the option to Start Session & he reappeared in the jungle. Three pokeballs were attached on his waist, along with a countdown timer showing <0:58>.

The scenery of the jungle would look very mesmerizing for any common modern person, but having been trapped in the woods for so many years, it all looked the same to Adrian.

Adrian moved fast, in hopes of a quick encounter, when he found a Pidgey sitting on a tree branch eating something.

Looking at the way it was acting so oblivious to it's surroundings, Adrian judged the Pidgey an easy target.

Adrian took an aim and threw one pokeball at the Pidgey, but the Pidgey looked towards him vigilantly & slapped the pokeball away. The Pidgey then flew away before Adrian could try again.

Depressed, Adrian wondered how bad his luck had turned out to be.

[Couldn't even catch a Pidgey... Such disgrace!!]

The countdown read <0:39>

Getting his hopes up, Adrian decided to run towards another direction, but he stumbled & fell.

He looked back, when he saw a Diglett observing him quietly. It seemed to be the cause of him falling like this.

Adrian then reached towards his second pokeball and threw it at the unsuspecting Diglett.

The Diglett however hid underground & escaped the pokeball, after which it started to run away.

Panicking, Adrian glanced at the timer, which read <0:17>

Adrian ran after the Diglett. His mind couldn't function properly under such time constraints. He only followed his instincts, hoping he would be lucky this time.

When the timer read <0:04> & the Diglett headed towards the bushes, Adrian knew it was either do or die. He threw the last pokeball towards the bushes.

There was a rustling sound behind the bushes for quite some time, before it quieted down.

Moments later he heard the notification,

<Pokemon Successfully Caught.>

<Session time is over. Logging out user.>

Adrian's vision turned white as he started to feel sleepy again.

The thought of successfully catching the Pokemon relaxed his nerves & allowed him to sleep peacefully.

------------------------------------

Near the dawn, Adrian was sleeping on his bed while Drone was sleeping below on the floor, snoring heavily as he scratched an itch under his ass.

Suddenly, the space surrounding Adrian distorted & a creature appeared. The creature stared at Adrian for quite some time, before it hugged Adrian & slept together happily with it's new master.

-----------------------------------

Chapter 4 End

63