Chapter 7
2k 15 50
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 7

------------------------------------

Adrian was very excited as he moved more and more distance away from the guild. He could feel his heart beating more fiercely than ever.

He wondered about the stuff he heard or read about. Ever since he reincarnated, finally he would be able to experience this world in it's truest sense.

Feeling too happy with himself, Adrian came back to reality when he heard Drone shouting & pulling him.

[YOUNG MASTERRR!! HOLD MY HANDS!!]

Looking down, Adrian could see half his body submerged in a swamp.

With much effort, Adrian was pulled out from the swamp. His clothes, however, became a mess.

[That's why I told you to be careful Young Master! This is not our backyard. You could die at any moment here!]

Sweat flew down Adrian's forehead as he realized that he could have died just now.

He turned to look thankfully over to Drone, but as soon as his face came into his view, he swallowed the words back.

(...no matter what, he's still ugly as hell...)

Adrian stabilized himself and tried to proceed with caution.

He tried to listen to Drone's ramblings a bit seriously this time. This guy loved to show off his knowledge in front of him.

[You must remember, Young Master. Even if we Humans cannot use magic anymore, but monsters still exist. Without magic, dealing with them is very difficult. The monsters which were easily subjugated previously are now required to be handled by a team of elite warriors.]

[If a super difficult monster appears, Nobility takes charge & combats them using their other race slaves. Since monsters can still use magic after all, they are tougher to handle than simple beasts.]

[To handle normally tough monsters, around 2000 years ago, humans found the Adventurers Guild & ranked humans & monsters alike into grades.]

[A monster that is left alone for too long would try to reproduce endlessly and ends up creating a dungeon. Hence in remote and abandoned places, dungeons are found excessively.]

[The route we are taking is a very secure one. However, never
try to come here by yourself, Young Master.]

[This forest has been largely untouched by humans & is swarmed with dungeons & monsters. It is the perfect fortress for our guild, since even Royal Guards would be hard pressed to traverse this forest. They don't have a reason to do such a thing though.]

[We are trying to reach the city of Alonso. After traversing a few villages we would reach there & register us in the Adventurers Guild.]

[For you to become stronger, Young Master, you would have to raise your grade through quests. After some while, when you become strong enough, you could become the next Guild Master! UOOOHH!! I cannot wait to see you shine! YOUNG MASTER!!]

[Alright alright. Calm down now. What would you do if you attracted some monster towards us with that loud mouth of yours?]

His unlucky mouth spoke the spell, as just then Adrian was caught by a string of web and was being dragged away.

[Young Master!]

Adrian could hear Drone's shouts becoming fainter as he was dragged into the deeper parts of the forest.

When the motion stopped, Adrian found himself wrapped by, what he could assume, webbings and stuck on a large & sturdy web.

He didn't feel lonely though, since he found some other monsters beside him wrapped from head to toe in the webbings.

A monster having a spider body & a human woman's torso was staring at him, licking it's lips in anticipation.

Adrian remembered his world's culture & tried to resolve this conflict by conversation.

[Umm.. Miss, can you let me go please. I won't hurt you. I also don't taste very good.]

The spider woman licked her lips & smiled as she spoke something.

Adrian could only make out some words like [Human] [Tasty] & found a few skeleton pointed by her.

He realized that he made a mistake by overestimating himself, a he shouted in panic,

[YOU UGLY FACE ORC! GET HERE IMMEDIATELY!!]

------------------------------------------

Drone kept searching for the traces of Adrian as he followed the trails. The most noticeable among them were the side profile of his face as it was dragged across the wet soil of the forest.

Drone felt like he was nearing the location, when he heard a loud sound of thunder from above. Glancing above, the black clouds had covered the skies as streaks of lightning were visible intermittently.

Drone sped up. He didn't want to combat the monster in the rain at all. He also had to briefly battle a few monsters, injuring them slightly and continuing on his path.

Soon he could see traces of spider web hanging across the trees in the new section of the forest. Drone prepared his broadsword as he vigilantly scanned his surroundings.

After a while, he finally saw a large spider monster and his Young Master standing closely. He ran deftly, hoping to rescue him in time.

However what he saw upon reaching puzzled him.

-------------------------------------------------

The spider woman was puzzled too. When it had proceeded to devour Adrian, he somehow got his hands out of the bindings and had started to touch it's breasts.

A strange feeling started to creep up inside it.

Adrian, after a very long time, was able to see such perky and perfect breasts, albeit definitely inferior to his mother's, but 1000 times better than Dana's.

He was mesmerized when he gazed at those sweet fruits of nature and couldn't help coop a feel.

The spider woman finally grew irritated. These new emotions bothered it too much.

Under such confused state, Drone crept up behind it & attacked it with his broadsword, injuring the monster heavily. It's human back along with spider body were both badly damaged.

Shrieking loudly, the spider woman attacked Drone with it's sharp claws, before seizing an opportunity and ran away.

The monster swore to take vengeance upon this blade wielding human one day. It also started to miss the strange feeling it experienced earlier & decided to remember the facial features of these two humans.

-------------------------------------------

Chapter 7 End

50