Chapter 24
906 9 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 24

-------------------------------------------

Adrian watched as Drone packed up everything & was ready to go.

Drone then went to his own room & started to explain the circumstances to Ella.

Meanwhile, Adrian was conflicted on how to begin to explain it all to Rose.

The little girl was sitting quietly on the bed, just as he had left her before.

The food and milk stayed untouched.

He patted her hair as he spoke,

[Little Rose, we must go somewhere quickly. It may take a lot of time to reach there. Please, just drink the milk at least..]

He offered the glass of milk near her mouth and hoped she would listen to him obediently.

He didn't know the circumstances of that place & didn't want this little girl to suffer much.

Rose looked at Adrian's anxious expression once, as she grabbed the glass and quickly drank everything.

Adrian became relieved as one of his worries had disappeared.

[Thank you for listening Rose. I am very happy.]

Rose stared at Adrian for a while before she nodded slightly and stood up from the bed.

Adrian didn't want Rose to walk all the way, hence he lifted her on his back and came outside the room.

------------------------------------------

Drone & Ella were waiting patiently at his door outside & seemed surprised to see the little girl along with Adrian.

Knowing Adrian from so long, Drone knew that the little girl must be someone special. Otherwise, Adrian would never treat someone like that.

[Young Master, who is the little miss?]

Both Drone & Ella stared at Rose and their curiosity was visible from a distance afar.

Adrian thought upon his relation with Rose. He didn't want to spread the backstory about Rose, since she might get haunted by those memories in the future.

He wanted her to accept it all & be able to tell others about it herself.

Hence, Adrian kept everything a secret & decided upon his relation with Rose.

[She... she is my little sister. She would stay with us from now on. Treat her with respect hereafter.]

Drone looked carefully at the little girl's face & quickly remembered Adrian's command.

[But, Young Master, she would have to wear a mask too. Otherwise, we would become very suspicious to others.]

Adrian became puzzled. How could a girl so small raise other's suspicion.

[Why though? She is not part of the guild?]

Drone became utterly confused. He didn't know why Adrian asked him that.

Then suddenly, something occurred to him.

(...Young Master knows nothing about common sense. Maybe he doesn't know...)

Looking at Adrian's expression, he knew his trail of thoughts were correct.

[Young Master... I hate to say this, but she is very ugly looking.]

Adrian turned to look back at Rose, before scolding Drone,

[EH?! Ugly? Have you gone blind?! Look! She is so cute!]

Drone face palmed himself as he replied,

[Young Master, don't be delusional. Look at her elvish features! Even a blind man can tell that she is very ugly!! We must hide her face, otherwise others would take offense!]

Adrian came to a standstill. He suddenly realized a lot of things.

(...why he called Ella beautiful.. why he was disgusted with Clefairy... why the brothel ladies were so ugly... why Dana called herself the most beautiful... why the villagers were so disgusted with Rose...)

A chill travelled from his feet up as he came to a realization.

[Hey Drone.. How do I look like to you?]

Drone tried to hold back, but couldn't & spewed out everything,

[Sorry, Young Master.. but.. YOU LOOK UGLY AS HELL!!]

Drone roared as if letting out all indignations from his heart.

Meanwhile Adrian's spirit crumbled into pieces.

(...I am ugly.. ugly.. Ugly again.. every one thinks that I am UGLY!!...)

Adrian clutched his head as he felt the world spinning.

His whole belief system came crashing down.

At this moment, the little hands holding his shoulders tightened as Rose turned to glare at Drone.

[My Big Brother is the most handsome! You are ugly! Your whole family is ugly!!]

Drone came out of his trance & quickly bowed to both Adrian & Rose.

[Forgive me Young Miss. Forgive me Young Master. Young Miss is right. I am the ignorant one..]

Looking at Drone begging for mercy, Rose calmed down & quietly hugged Adrian's shoulders from the back.

[Big Brother is the greatest... Whoever dares to insult him..]

Adrian too calmed down from Rose's words & caressed her hair while he spoke,

[Thank you, Rose. Big Brother thinks that Rose is also the most beautiful!]

A smile bloomed on Rose's face as she burrowed her face into Adrian's back.

The lady standing in the corridor finally spoke,

[If everyone is ready, then let's leave right now. We don't have much time.]

Drone nodded & started to move away.

Adrian too followed them while happily thinking of Rose's praise.

(...No matter what, I am handsome in Rose's mind. That much is enough. Better to be liked by a beauty than by an ugly...)

----------------------------------------

Chapter 24 End

 

 

33