Chapter 45
528 4 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 45

-------------------------------------------

Adrian was carried by the guards, until they had reached the new prison premises. One of the guards unlocked the gates to the facility, before binding Adrian inside one of the cell.

His hands, legs and neck were bound to the walls of the cell in order to prevent him from running away.

After making sure that Adrian couldn't escape the holdings, the soldiers locked the cell & departed from the new prison area.

Of course, Adrian wasn't alone in the cell. Zendra too had been placed inside the same cell.

Although she didn't receive the same harsh treatment as Adrian, due to the position she held in the Camp. But it was an act of blatant disrespect for a person of her authority.

At that moment, however, Zendra held no such concerns. She was busily trying to somehow stop the bleeding of Adrian's wound.

Ever since she witnessed Adrian suffering from that injury, Zendra felt like she wasn't herself anymore. Every action she took were based on her instincts.

Even now, rather than caring for him to regain consciousness, she found herself obsessed with trying to stop the bleeding.

She felt as if life itself was draining out from Adrian's body.

After making sure that the wound had stopped bleeding, Zendra sat in a corner quietly, as her sobbing sounds resounded inside the cell.

[*sniff* W-Why did this all happen? Why did I involve him in all of this?! If only... if only...]

The woman was slowly losing her sanity, as despair clouded her judgement. She just cried to herself, until she had fallen unconscious too.

--------------------------------------

Moments later, a pair of footsteps resounded inside the new prison area.

Emmaneula came to the cell, as she peered inside and observed Zendra's condition.

She turned to the guard accompanying her and spoke,

[Bring her out. We need to get her out of here, before anyone notices.]

[Yes, Leader.]

The guard quickly unlocked the cell with her master keys & quickly carried Zendra out of the cell.

Emma watched on as the guards took Zendra away from the prison area. After making sure that they had gone away, Emma returned to stand in front of the cell, as she observed Adrian & spoke,

[I'm sorry, traveler. Even though you might be strong, but I am no longer able to protect everyone within my reach.]

[I admire your strength, but the fate of the Camp is no longer in my hands any longer. Rescuing Zendra was already already stepping out of my authority, hence I had to do it sneakily.]

[Forgive me if you can. I don't think I might be seeing you again. A very cruel fate awaits you...]

[Farewell, stranger.]

Emmaneula backed away from the cell and started to head back to her hideout. She could no longer hold her office or live at her residence anymore.

She was no longer the Camp Leader after all.

----------------------------------------------

Drone kept on following Aymara, until they had reached the entrance of the third village.

Upon nearing the entrance of the city, Aymara noticed a few posters. They depicted a rough sketch of Adrian & Drone.

Under the poster, a reward of 1000 Gold coins was mentioned & the quest giver was the City Lord himself.

Aymara sweated a lot in fright. She never could have imagined that their route back would be blocked as well.

She turned to look at Drone, as she explained the situation.

[There seems to be a bounty on your head. By now, every village in the vicinity would be able to notice you. They would surely report you to the City Guards. What should we do?...]

Aymara bit her nails in distress, as she feared to return to the Camp anytime soon.

They needed to rescue Adrian as well & for that, a mighty force was needed.

Drone pondered upon the situation for a while, before he resolved himself & declared,

[No options then. We would traverse through the forest route. I happen to know the route from here. You don't have to risk yourself with us any longer.]

Aymara became speechless upon hearing Drone's response. She expected him to prioritize his friend's safety, but he seemed to care about her as well.

Now, it was Aymara's turn to be in a pinch. She contemplated her options, before she spoke,

[No... I.. must make sure of your safety... After all...]

Aymara spoke no further, but she stared at Ella with resentment.

Drone & Ella became confused upon this. They had no idea about the misunderstandings among Zendra's wives.

Drone decided to put it all at the back of his mind. He had to make sure to safely send Rose to the Guild & bring back reinforcements to rescue Adrian.

Each moment was precious & he couldn't waste time any longer.

He turned to look at his wife Ella, who was carrying little Rose in her embrace.

He couldn't understand why Adrian didn't save himself but ordered to rescue Rose instead. But, in the Guild, orders were absolute.

He had to recognize Adrian's authority & follow his instructions, though it didn't mean that he would not make haste to rescue him.

[Let's go. We need to make haste. Young Master's life is in danger. Let's not waste any time further.]

Ella & Aymara followed Drone quietly, as they took a detour to reach the Guild.

All the while, little Rose slept peacefully. She dreamt of being around her elder brother Leaf & brother Adrian. She giggled from time to time, unknowingly as Adrian suffered a prisoner's fate.

--------------------------------------------------

Chapter 45 End

A/N: Support... I.. seek... SUPPORTTTT!!!! *bite**chew**munch*  (Support Zombie: Can only be slain when given support.)

 

 

Would you please rate this chapter? I want to make sure that I do not suffer from tunnel vision..
Results are only viewable after voting. You must be logged in to vote.
21