chapter 1
2.3k 9 50
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It is my third year of high school and I quietly sit in the back of the class as my classmates chatter away.

Unlike other high school classrooms in Japan, where the popular kids talk about fashion, movies, and sports. My fellow classmates are talking about adventures, magic, and quests.

You would be excused for thinking that this was a classroom for otaku’s but it wasn’t.

The reason they can easily chat away on such things is because everyone in this classroom went on an adventure to other worlds.

It all started last year when the goddess Athena summed the entire class.

***

“Welcome brave heroes.”

That was the first thing she said to us. She was a beauty like no other and I was breathless in her presence.

Her red eyes, that blond long hair, and big ahem… melons. She wore seductive clothes paired with golden Jewry with blue gems embedded.

After my classmates quieted down, she began to explain where we were and why she had summoned us.

We were currently in the heavenly realm, where the goddess and gods lived. Each goddess or god was in charge of 50 worlds. It was their duty to watch over these worlds and guild them towards the proper path, however, every so often some of these words would run into trouble.

Demon lords, Evil empires, Religious Fanatics, etc… etc…

The gods and goddesses were unable to directly intervene in the worlds, so they summoned heroes from the prime world. That was the name used to refer to our world.

It was created by the first god and goddess and was the only one not blessed with mana. It was only from this world that heroes were summoned.

Hmm… If that was true, it would explain why there were stories of isekai adventures in the first place. Most authors were probably just retelling their adventures.

Oops… Got distracted there… Let’s focus.

“Does that mean that we will get to go home?” This question was asked by none other than the class president. As expected, she was calm and collected. I did fancy her a while back but she showed signs of liking Hiroji, just like all the other girls.

Hiroji was your typical ikemen. Good looking, good at sports, great at socializing… Did I mention looks?

He was my polar opposite. While I am not ugly… I got to admit… I got nothing on his looks.

“That is right. You will return to your original world right after your last reincarnation. On top of that, I will grant each of  you, a cheat skills that you can use on your journeys.”

“Really!? This is like that anime I watched!”

“Yeah… This is amazing.”

“Let’s go!”

All of a sudden my classmates were getting excited and I have to admit, I was too.

“Then come forward when I call your name.”

I decided to sit down and think. I was going to another world with cheat skills, I need to decide what kind of character I was going to be. There was no guarantee that the class was going to work together on solving the world’s problems. We were going to be reincarnated in different places after all.

The goddess said to treat it like a game. The first to solve the world’s problems will receive points.

When we asked what we can redeem those points for, she simply replied “Nothing really. All I know is that the system keeps track of your achievements in each world. As far as I know, you can’t redeem the points. They are mostly used for ranking I guess… Ah, what a pain… Don’t worry about it… Just go out there and do your best.”

Her carefree attitude worried me there.

What do you mean, 'don’t worry about it?' In RPG games, success will often be determined by how well you prepare. A half-baked character will get half-baked results… You have to prepare for any situation.

“Wow what a cutie…”

When I heard that I looked up. Looks like Hiroji and I are the last ones remaining.

“My looks are nothing compared to your beauty goddess.”

To think he could even try to pull his one-liners on the goddess. What confidence he had.

“I bet you say that to all the girls.”

“Doesn’t make it any less true.”

“EEEEEE…. You playboy… Here, have an extra skill.”

“Thank you, goddess”

With a dashing smile, he uttered those words before vanishing. That meant I was the only one left.

“Phew… Now I can get back to my beauty nap.”

“Eh!”

“Eh!!!”

We both stared at each other for a minute before she asked, “Who are you?”

“Eto… I am Sojuro. I was part of the class you summoned here.”

“Huh!” She cried before checking her list once again, “Ah… I was so distracted by that good-looking guy that I didn’t notice your name at the bottom.”

It is to be expected. No one ever notices me after all.

“No problem. Everyone makes mistakes. Umm… what skill am I getting?”

“Eh! Skill?”

Her reply troubled me. She looked nervous and her eyes were avoiding mine.

“Goddess?”

“Well, you see… The thing is… I have no skills to give.”

“Eh?”

Oi… Oi… What is she saying?

“I had only one skill to give per person… and… umm…”

“Don’t tell me.”

“I may have accidentally given your skill to the good looking guy earlier.”

“I knew it!”

Crap… Crap… This is so typical of my life. What now? There is no way I am going to a world without a cheat.

“Send me back.”

“Can’t do that.”

“Then let me wait here…”

“Your soul can not survive long exposure to the heavenly realm. Are you sure you want to stay?”

“This is bullshit… Are you tell me to go on an isekai adventure without any cheats?”

“You are saying like it is a bad thing. You must have read light novels where someone is reincarnation without cheats.”

“Yeah… And their lives sucked.”

“Don’t be such a cry baby… I am sure it won’t be that bad… Off you go!”

“Wait!” I shouted as I started my 50 reincarnation cycle and I was right. My lives sucked.

Born as a slave. Born as a son of a pirate. Born poor. Born ugly. Born half monster. Born as a slime, etc… etc… etc…

In all my reincarnations, I never ran into my other classmates.

My first reincarnation was that of a slave. The noble family that owned me was pretty much cruel but I found comfort in the love my sister and mother gave. That was until the demon king attacked. Monsters killed the only light I had in that world and I vowed vengeance.

It took a long time but I finally managed to kill the demon king. It did cost me my life, however, i just  reincarnated yet again.

From what I gathered after we returned. I was the first to die and to be reincarnated . Because of that, every time the others moved on to the next world, I was already out of it. In simpler terms, they were always one world behind me. That is why I couldn’t find a common ground to talk to them about.

Their experiences were so different from mine. These words were full of chaos when I was there, but they always described them as peaceful lands.

Tch… Some people have all the luck in this world. However, if there was one bright side to all this. It was the fact that It was over. I will never meet that shitty goddess again.

“Welcome back heroes.”

THE GODDESS AND I MET AGAIN? WTF?

50