chapter 8
1.3k 22 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“GET OUT!” I yelled at the person rubbing the goddess's shoulders

“HUH! What gives you the right to…”

“Unless you got 2 000,000 credits on you, you better shut up bimbo.” I angrily replied…

The difference between facing someone stronger than you and having debt is that debt will kill you slowly.

Of all the rotten luck… I had to be in debt in a world where money equals skills.

We were alone in the room and the goddess was ignoring my glare.

“What were you thinking?”

“…”

Giving me the silent treatment, are you?

Before I could speak my mind, I heard a beeping sound.

I had received a message from goddess Helen…

***

Dear Sojuro,

First-god Zeus has found a way to allow Athena to summon your classmates in times of trouble. I am sure this will come in handy in the future. It will take some time before you can use this feature so I ask for your patience.

Goddess Helen

***

My classmates? Weren’t they sent back home? No. More importantly…

“Oi… You can hear me right? Thanks to your stupid goddess over there, we are two million in debt. If you don’t send me the money, we will most likely end up as slaves.”

“Who are you talking to”

“Athena! Is what Sojuro saying the truth?”

“Goddess Helen!”

A projection of goddess Helen appeared from my status screen.

“What are you doing here?”

“Didn’t you hear what Sojuro just said? You owe 2 million credits.”

“Huh!? I never did such a thing.”

“Oi… Oi… Where do you think you are right now? You think all this is free?”

“Of course it’s free… That is what the butler said when I arrived here.”

Something is off… That butler did seem fishy but I wonder if that is all there is to it…

“What exactly did he say?”

“He said, ‘free meals and drinks are included in every room’”

“And?”

“What do you mean and?

This fool assumed that the room was free because of the free meal and drinks?

I glared at goddess Helen who quickly averted her eyes from me.

“Listen here, you dummy… That was nothing more than a marketing scam aimed at fools like yourself.”

“Huh!?”

“You pay for the room dummy…”

“That can’t be right!”

“You think so? Then read for yourself!” I yelled as I tossed the bill at her.

“This is… Huh?"

“So you can read… That’s a shocker.”

“You dare mock me…”

“None of this would have happened had you stayed at the first inn we went to.”

“Are you serious? The rooms were awful and the food was subpar at best… There was no way I was going to stay there.”

“Enough!” goddess Helen yelled. “Hero Sojuro. I am sorry but we cannot help with this matter. I know I am asking a lot but please solve it.”

“Huh!?”

“As for you Athena… You are to no longer cause the hero problems…”

“But Helen-sama!”

“Have I made myself clear!?”

“Yes.”

“Good… I wish you all the best.”

“Oi...” and she is gone… What’s up with these one-sided demands… Tch

Goddess Athena sniffled. Looks like she didn’t like goddess Helen’s reprimand

“It’s not my fault…” she repeated over and over in a low voice

Then whose fault is it?

I sighed at the hopeless display she was giving.

“Oi… We need to think of a way to pay this off before we become slaves.”

“Eh? Me… A Slave? What nonsense are you talking about?”

She really wasn’t paying attention to earlier huh?

“People who can’t pay their debts become slaves. That is just how the world works.”

“I can’t be a slave… I am a goddess.”

“Tell that to somebody who cares.”

“Humph… Why don’t you sort it out? You are the hero after all.”

“Because some dummy gave my cheat skill to somebody else.”

“You are never going let that go huh?”

“Who in their right mind would let that go?”

“You are so petty.”

“And you are so stupid. If you really had a brain then why don’t you think of a way for us to get out of this.”

“Why don’t you just go on an adventure and kill some creature that is worth a lot, while using underhanded tactics.”

That’s it!?

I have done something like that before. All I need is the right creature and the right tactics and I am back in business…

Wait a minute!

THE GODDESS HAD AN IDEA AND I AGREED WITH IT, WTF!?

 

 
 
 
 

 

34