Chapter 13
877 3 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“You monster. You creep. You no good for nothing.”

The person sobbing like that was the goddess. We were currently on our way to the coastal city of Riven.

There were roughly six to seven cities between us and the coastal city.

Out next stop was the battle city of Raven. There is another city before that called Heartsworth, but we seem to be going to pass it altogether.

When I inquired about the reason they said not to worry about it... they only  said that the goddess and I would probably be fine there.

In my book, that is a major red flag.

“You demon king…”

Oi…Don’t call me that… You are seriously setting off some major red flags over here…

Looks like my glare has little effect on this dummy.

If you want to know why she is acting like this then we have to go to the time we're leaving the city.

First I will start with a bonus story…

“Where are taking me!”

I recognized the voice that was screaming out. It was John’s wife.

The overweight woman was being dragged by some ruffians. Her daughter was pulling at one ruffian’s shirt while screaming for them to let her mother go.

If this didn’t happen in the hallways of the winged-snake Inn, I would have jumped in to save them. I looked at Mr. Smith who simply shrugged his shoulders before explaining the situation to me,

“Her husband came and borrowed 8 million credits from one of our businesses. He put up his bar as collateral, however, in the middle of the night he escaped the city in a wagon with all the bars stockpile of alcohol.”

“Eh?”

“He and a guard named Hearth both vanished without a trace.”

Something was fishy here.

 Does he expect to believe that story? “You saying he left his wife, daughter, and son behind.”

“Son? As far as I know, John has no son.”

“Eh? But I saw his wife with a young man sometime back. They were having a meal along with her daughter…” wait a minute…Did I misunderstand that? Maybe he was the daughters’ fiancé or lover.

“That man was probably the wife’s lover and the daughter's father.”

EH!? Don’t tell me…

Mr. Smith simply nodded at my expression.

“She was having an affair behind his back. It seems to have begun before they became husband and wife.”

“I see…”

“She is a fat ugly woman but we will try and fetch the 3 million credit balance from her. As for the bar, we have already found a replacement barman.” He uttered before glaring in her direction, “Foolish woman.”

I see. John must have made a plan ahead of time with the winged-snake Inn. Because he is not here, his wife must now take the burden of paying the 3 million credit balance. An organization like the winged-snake Inn which has links to the white crusaders would probably have an easy time finding john if they were serious.

Ar~re… Ar~re. If I didn’t know better. I would think the Death God of NTR visited John.

After finishing the business I had with Mr. Smith I returned to my room where…

“Eh? What do you mean you sold my jewels?” the goddess asked when I handed her some new clothes to wear. She hand just come form taking a 3 hour long spar treatment.

“Exactly what I said. I sold them to add to our war chest.”

“Eh?” She replied with a puzzled look on her face.

“They’re gone.”

“Eh?”

“I don’t have time for this. Put this on. Our carriage leaves in an hour.”

“You bastard…You dare present me with these cheap clothes. I am the goddess you know, a goddess. I deserve the best there is. This is what I get for working with incompetence! Bring back my things!” she cried

“Not happening, now get dressed or we will have no choice but to walk to the next city,” I said before leaving her to change into the cheap clothes I bought for her.

Now, I know what you’re thinking. I purposely bought cheap clothes for some kind of payback and the truth of the matter is... I didn’t.

After receiving the shock information that the ugly jewels the goddess was wearing were worth a lot of money, I went ahead and analyzed every bit of the goddess. 

Of course not in a sexual way.

What I found was disturbing.

At first, I was unable to appraise her which resulted in some self-gloating from her before she showed me her stats.

***

Name: Athena

Level: -

Title: Goddess

Class: Divine Being

Attributes: -

HP: -

MP: -

Skills: Universal Language, Hero Link, System Restore, Block Appraisal, Hero Summon, Skill Giver, Appraisal, Divineevin Presence, Divine Protectione Protection Giver

***

Not only does she have no level. She also has no HP or MP and Attributes.

I was wondering what all this meant and I ran some experiments after a lengthy back and forth bickering with her.

Basically, the goddess is no different from a human on earth. She can’t level up and her overall strength is what you would expect from a young woman on earth.

This was very troubling. If she was to be hit hard it might result in instant death.

Shit…I knew she was useless but now she has become dead-weightadweight… Tch…

Likely, thanks to Mr. Smith's assistance I discovered that she can equip accessories.

Accessories are magic items that can boost the power someone has or provide assistance in magic casting and create a barrier if needed.

The only problem is that these things are expensive. Only rarer skill cards are expensive but accessories are expensive by default.

This is because they require rarer material and skills to make. Despite this, they are pretty common because adventure parties would often put aside some savings to buy the equipment for party members.

All I needed to do now is buy the goddess some of these accessories to improve her overall protection. I can’t keep watch over her 24/7.

Mr. Smith advised me to buy a battle dress accessory in the battle city of Raven. It roughly cost 55 million credits but for that price, you will get a lot of perks. On top of that, you can upgrade it as you go.

That is the reason I bought her cheap clothes. Right now, we need to save as much credit as possible.

Moving on. You may have noticed from the skill list that there was the < Hero Link >.

I suspect that is the skill that links my life to the goddess. When I asked her to see if she could turn it off, she paused for a second before saying, “Can’t be done. It's a passive skill.”

A passive skill is a skill that is always active skill like < Universal Language >

She didn’t seem to be lying to me or rather, she didn’t see the dangers of deactivating it.

HAD THE GODDESS DEACTIVATED IT AND I WAS NEAR. I WOULD HAVE DEFINITELY TRIED TO KILL HER. DON’T YOU WTF ME!

24