chapter 17
745 3 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Spoiled brat. That is what you call a child that was raised with a silver spoon in their month.

They usually grow up feeling entitled to everything around them, and once fully grown, correcting their spoiled rotten ways is next to impossible.

You just need to look at the life of child stars from my original world. Drugs, alcohol… The lifestyle they live as soon as they grow up is often filled with police arrests.

The goddess wasn’t a child star but from the very moment I first meet her, she did give the feeling of self-importance.

When you try to correct such people it often backfires on you… that is why I never attempted to do it myself. However, an opportunity has presented itself here. Once she goes through the suffering that Thunderbolt will give her, there is a chance that she will change her way of thinking. However, I need to pay close attention to the direction this experience will take her.

Luckily I have 50 reincarnations worth of experience to rely on. The best outcome would for her to struggle at first, only to be overpowered by Thunderbolt without uttering a single word.

Such a thing will bend her but not break her. It will allow me the chance to mold her into something useful.

The absolute worst case that can happen is for her to scream,

“I WILL KILL MYSELF!”

Shit

With a stern expression, she warned Thunderbolt. He, in turn was enjoying the look she gave him.

He smirked before speaking, “Go ahead. Dead or alive, simply being a goddess will grant me a reward.”

He was probably right about that.

“That’s why you can kill yourself.”

“Bastard!” she yelled before attempting to bite her tongue but Thunderbolt thrust his hand into her mouth.

“That hurt little girl. I going have to punish you for that.”

This was what I feared the most. When self-entitled person feels like their world is crumbling, they tend to self-destruct.  

I have seen my fair share of corrupt nobles hanging or poisoning themselves after losing everything.

“Tch!” this meant that a forceful outside intervention may not be the best idea to reform the goddess.

Thunderbolt pushed her to the ground. I could see the pale look on her face. I can imagine what she was thinking.

This thing is going to touch me. This thing... to me... a goddess. No…  No…  I rather die than live with the shame. 

Something like that was probably what she was thinking. For people like her, there are things far worse than death.

I had no doubt she would end her life if I let this continue, but my motivation to stop this is still kind of low.

Perhaps I should accept my loss and die.

My life had always been a series of bad luck. Meeting the goddess just sent that into overdrive. However, after surviving my 50 reincarnations I returned home and lived a quiet simple life.

I was happy. I thought that my trials were over, only to be summoned again. My only motivation was the desire to return to that simple life but maybe I should give up on that.

“Yo, boss. Can I have this one?”

“Eh?”

At some point, cobra put his hand on my shoulder and asked Thunderbolt that question.

What does he mean? Wait… Don’t tell me.

“You and your fetish for captured men. Fine, just don’t let this one die.”

“Sure thing boss. Now then… Prepare to have the greatest experience.” He said before he began to unzip his pants.

Will you look at that… My motivation came back

<Dash> <Rush> <Speeder>

“What!?” Corba uttered as I stole his daggers and pierced his heart, before I slashed his throat.

His eyes said it all.

When did he get free?

I had no intention of answering. Right now I need to focus on the next objective. A let go of his lifeless body and charged at thunderbolt.

<Dash> <Rush> <Speeder>

I ran towards Thunderbolt who by now had noticed what had happened to Cobra.

“You bastard,” he yelled. He had freed his hand from the goddess and began to swing his hammer. Unfortunately for him, I have already seen that attack.

< Thunder Shock Wave >

I countered with < Air Blade > before quickly crunching down and activating < Earth Wall > at a 45-degree angle.

Air blade reduced thunder shock wave's power while earth wall deflected the rest.

This combination allowed me to survive the attack. It was now my turn to attack.

< Fog >

I used fog to blind him. Knowing his personality, his next move will probably be.

< Thunder Shock Wave >

His second wave cleared out my fog, however, it was too late.

“You bastard.” He shouted.

The < Thunder Shock Wave > is indeed a powerful skill however it leaves the user wide open for a brief time.

It is so simple that even a monkey would figure it out.

I immediately leaped into the air under the cover of the fog and was now falling on a surprised thunderbolt.

I put all my might into slashing his throat. If it ended up shallow I was going to be done for.

Luckily for me, it wasn’t.

Blood gushed out of his thick neck. He fell on one knee and then the other. He glared at me.

A normal person would have been chilled by that glare but not me. He was but a countless number of evil people I have killed in my reincarnation journeys.

After finally falling to the ground, I turned my attention to the goddess who just laid there, motionless.

She said nothing as I looked down on her.

I decided to leave her to here thoughts and I turned my attention to the drunk thieves down below.

In the main chamber down, I saw three tunnels.

One probably led outside, while the other two lead to the armory and treasure rooms. That was the typical set up for these kind of place although i couldn't see an escape tunnel.

Maybe they didn't need one?

I activated < Fog> and headed down. I carefully slit the throats of the bandits one after another, while holding their mouths to prevent screaming. After i was done, the only thing left was to kill whoever standing guard was outside.

 As I walked outside I took a glance at the bodies I left behind.

Looks like I haven’t gotten rusty after all this time.

***

With all the bandits now dead, I walked around while using < Appraisal > to search for good equipment.

What I was truly after were any accessories I could give the goddess. Unfortunately, nothing was coming up so far but I wasn’t worried. I had yet to check out the rest of the cave. Most likely…

“Call the first goddess now!”

Athena came rushing at me. From the looks of things, she has finished her thinking, if you can even call it that.

“I can't do that.”

“Why not?”

“Because I don’t have the means to do that. She is the one who always contacts us remember.”

“Just shut up and do it. I can’t stay here anymore. To hell with being a high goddess. I rather spend the rest of my life as a lower goddess than go through this humiliation. Take me back now!”

“Like I said. I can do anything about that.”

“Shut up… Shut up…” she yelled, “This is all your fault.” She said before slapping me.

Why this little…

“Enough” a voice called out

THE GODDESS AND I WERE NOW IN THE PRESENCE OF THE FIRST GODDESS. WTF DOES SHE WANT NOW.

21