Chapter 19
1k 4 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Stop laughing at me. That is an order” she shouted, but I didn’t stop. It was way too funny.

“Hero Sojuro… I would like us to continue our discussion please.”

“Sorry… Give me a minute…” I said before I calmed my nerves. “Alright… I think I have a better understanding of the situation. Now then… Over my many reincarnations, I have faced many evil people. This world is not perfect but I wouldn’t put it on the same stage as some of the other worlds have been to. What makes the three lost worlds so special?”

“The rulers of these three worlds wish to take command of the system.”

WTF!?

The Athena and I were shocked… She said this with a serious expression on her face. There was no way she was pulling our leg with a joke.

“What do you mean?”

“The rulers of these worlds wish to recreate all of existence.”

“Why?” Athena asked

“The origins of the first two world’s corruption can be traced to the third world. The world ruled by the evil god.”

“Who is this evil god? I asked.

“He was one of us once upon a time, but the unthinkable happened.” She said

“What happened?” I pressed. Information gathering is half the battle. Whatever she was hiding from me. I needed to know right now.

“He was once a hero just like you Sojuro. He, like you, managed to save 50 worlds.”

“He did it without cheat skills?" I asked

“No… but it would be foolish to underestimate him, because of that. While he did have cheat skill, he rarely used it.”

Humph… Isn’t he just showing off?

“He became Semi-divine like Athena and it took him a very short time to rise to the rank of the high god.”

“Really? That makes me feel sorry for a certain goddess.”

“Are you talking about me? You are talking about me aren’t you?”

“Not really…” I replied

“You bastard, if only you were…”

“Athena,” the first goddess spoke.

“Sorry… goddess-sama…”

“Moving on. Because he was a high god, he was taught the existence of the system. We educated all the high gods about the system, just in case something happened. We never dreamt that such a thing would happen.”

“Enough with the suspense… Just tell us why the moron turned evil already…” I urged

The first goddess took a deep breath and began to tell the story.

While carrying out his duties as a high god, he unexpectedly summoned his first love.

Unlike the souls from other worlds, which are reincarnated into different worlds after they die. The souls from my original world always get reincarnated back into that world.

Every time you hear stories of ghosts or unidentified creatures. Those are nothing more than manifestations of the souls as they wait for their reincarnation.

It is this process that apparently makes us special. When gods and goddesses summon us, they can bestow upon us powerful skills because our souls that have long existed on a mana less world can handle the power.

A normal person from the other worlds would most likely break down and die.

The high god knew this but he was still in shock when his first love stood in front of him. Her soul and reincarnated and as luck would have it, he was the one who summoned her.

She didn’t recognize him at all, but even then… As if to defy space and time itself, they feel in love.

He would send her on her adventures while keeping in constant contact.

They say long-distance relationships don’t work but these two were proving it wrong.

Their plan was simple. After saving 20 worlds, his lover would ask to become a goddess. That way, they would spend eternity together.

However, another unthinkable happened. In a world, she was saving a unique demon lord had risen.

The high god wasn’t lazy like Athena. He did an excellent job of researching the demon lord and providing his lover with all the information she required… However, this demon lord hid a skill that had never been seen before.

A skill to break souls.

When he saw his lover's soul crumble to pieces, the high god screamed so loud that the entire divine realm heard it.

Ever since then, he was never the same.

The demon lord was eventually defeated by other heroes and the first goddess led an investigation.

They found out that the demon lord was a new type of evil they had never encountered. It was an evil that could destroy souls from the first world.

This revelation was very disturbing, however, it seemed that such an evil was extremely rarer.

None of that mattered to the high god who lock himself away for years.

The first god and goddess believed that in time he would come to forget his first love. It might take hundreds of thousands of years, but eventually, his semi-divine memory would forget.

The high god, however, wasn’t going to allow that.

One day the first god and goddess received a warning from the system that all of creation was about to be destroyed.

They rushed towards the system and found the high god there.

When they asked him what he was doing he simply replied, “I am bringing her back…”

They urged him to stop but he refused and even attacked them. The first god tried his best but he was no match for the high god. He did, however,  make an opening for the first goddess who then used her powers to send him away to a distant world.

The world in question is the one Athena and I are currently standing on.

The first god and goddess had won the battle but not the war. The fallen high god hid from their gaze before reemerging as the evil god.  

He researched various fields while using the knowledge he had gained from the divine realm.

He eventually manage to create something similar to the summoning spell that gods and goddesses use but instead of summoning, it was designed to open a portal between two places.

Sounds like a wormhole to me.

He used this technique to travel from one world to the next, but because of the large amount of energy required to use the spell, he had only been able to make two trips.

At first, they didn’t think it was a problem until one day, a wormhole semi-opened in the divine realm.

If the evil god was to somehow reach the divine realm with an army then it would mean the end of all reality…

I grilled the goddess about their incompetence in allowing the situation to reach this far.

She could only offer a useless apology.

On top of that… It seems the divine realm is pretty much defenseless.

When heroes become goddesses and gods, they lose their cheat skills and are unable to gain any other skills apart from what the system allows.

Which would explain why Athena is so weak.

“I am sorry to put you in this situation Sojuro, but I feel that you are the only one who will be able to save us.”

“Humph… I have no interest in saving you guys.”

“What about them?”

In an instant, I saw visions of the worlds I had saved. I could see the faces of people who I had met and fought alongside. Most of whom were elves… The others must have passed away.

“This is a bitchy move goddess.” i uttered with displeasure

“Even so… I have no regrets in doing it. The fate of all of creation is in your hands. You must not fail, Athena… Sojuro…” she said before breaking her communication.

THE POWERLESS GODDESS AND THE CHEAT-LESS I HAVE TO SAVE THE WORLD. WTF, I FEEL LIKE A RED FLAG HAS JUST BEEN RAISED. 

 

Announcement

Happy New Year!

19