Chapter 26: Going, Going, Sold! pt.3
66 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

 

I don't know if this is luck, fate, or Bow-Wow making sense, but I found a buyer who was from Kenley Valley!

While Ms. Fullerton filled out several forms Mona brought to complete the purchase, I remained quiet next to Rose.

Stay calm, getting there is the easy part, the hard part will be finding a way to search for the Nazi I'm after and get free.

Mona tapped the forms in order on the table and brought Ms. Fullerton back over to us.

"Now that has been finalized, do want Aiden shipped or take as is?"

My buyer took out her sunglasses. "No, I'll take it as is. Boy, Dwarf, follow."

Her order showed that the new seals worked just as effectively as the first ones. Being compelled to follow her, me and Rose left the room heading up to the roof of the Colosseum.

Living in a fantasy world for nearly a year has made me desensitize to many of the inheritably fantastic new things I see every day, but that couldn't stop me from being impressed by Ms. Fullerton's mode of transportation. Parked on the top roof of the Colosseum was a brilliant, obsidian carriage pulled by four dark-furred pegasuses. She waved her hand and the carriage door flew open.

"Sit." She commanded, pointing to the booth in front of her; she snapped her fingers, causing the door to close and the carriage began to move. After the vehicle became airborne, she continued to speak. "Answer, why did I purchase you?"

Surprised, I was silent for a moment as I processed her question. "Because... you needed labor?"

My answer seemed to irritate her. "If I wanted to labor, I could have purchased an entire shipment for what I spent on you." She pulled out a cigarette and lit it with her finger. "No, you have a more important role than hauling rocks."

"Madam, why am-" Before I could finish my question, she pinched her fingers and I felt my throat clench.

"Never speak, unless I allow you." She reminded me of my station in life. "And no calling me 'Madam', it makes me sound like an old hag. I am Daelee Fullerton, you may address me as Miss or Master, understood?"

I was able to breathe again. "Understood."

She took a long drag before addressing me again. "I bought you for a list of reasons; first and your primary responsibility, a present for my daughter, she is entering secondary school soon and will be needing an escort and attendant. Second, is of no importance right now, when the need arises, you will be told. Lastly," She smirked as she rubbed my leg with her foot. "I find myself needing... stress release after a long day of work, and if what that dwarf woman says is true, you will be more than adequate." My discomfort made her giggle. "That attire of yours, it has Snowstrider aesthetic, but I can tell you are very much human. Answer, who are you, truly?"

My pulse froze for a second at her question, if I said my true story, it cause trouble, but this seal compelled me to speak. Yet, through painful endurance, I kept my mouth from saying anything; when I say painful, I mean setting yourself on fire and not hollering in agony.

"Are you refusing my order?" She looked less playful than before.

Still struggling. "I'm sorry, but I won't speak so easily." My defiance was surface deep.

My master took another long drag. "It doesn't matter, after a year or two, you won't even remember." She looked out the window. "We should be approaching Kenley Valley soon." She commented before looking at me again, no longer struggling to remain silent. "You are allowed to ask me one question."

I took a deep breath. "Miss... have you ever seen a man with this symbol on their arm?" I pulled out the drawing to show her.

She looked at it for a moment, no indication or familiarity in her gaze. "Say if I did, what would you do if you found the man with that symbol? Kill him?"

"No... he is the only chance I have of getting back home."

"Hmph, Hahaha, you believe you'll have freedom again?" She laughed as if I just said the most ridiculous thing in the world. "You know, I should cut off your tongue just for saying that. Why haven't I?"

I remained silent, waiting for her to make her point.

"Because that would diminish your resale value." She pointed out without humor "Consider that little outburst to be the last taste of freedom you ever have again."

Defeated, I sat in silence, staring out the window as a sea of clouds passed; it wasn't a minute later when I saw something spectacular. There, resting in the clouds, was a massive island; I couldn't tell the exact size, but I'd guess the surface area is roughly the same as Iceland. It was still a small distance away, but it definitely looked inhabited.

"You've seen our destination?" Ms. Fullerton spoke in dry humor. "When we dock, remain two steps behind me, do not ask any tedious questions, and keep any 'dangerous ideas' to yourself." She snuffed out her cigarette as the vehicle began to change shape.

The inside shifted from being a carriage into a modern limousine; the once spacious ceiling lowered, the seats became upholstered in leather, the neigh of the winged horses was replaced with an engine, and instead of facing our new owner, Rose and I were sitting to the side. Rose was confused by the shape of the car, but I was confused by the choice.

The more I stay in this place, the less it makes sense to me.

 

 

2