Chapter 9: Much Deserved Rest
14 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Cecily POV

Sinking into the couch of my small, cozy apartment, I began making a mental list of the things I'd need to get for my new dogs. It was a short school day tomorrow and close to the weekend, so I took comfort in that knowledge while thinking of the pit stops I would have to make after my classes tomorrow. I couldn't buy much until I got my allowance next month, but I could at least afford some food and maybe a toy or two for Art. The last thing I wanted was the possibility of him getting bored and using my furniture as a chew toy.

I turned to look at Art and Alpha who were on the other side of the compact living room. Alpha was laying down on the floor with his eyes closed while Art was relentlessly attacking him, pulling on his fur and ears. A small smile crept across my face at the sight.

After laying on the sofa for a solid thirty minutes, I got up for what was hopefully the last time that day to quickly brush my teeth and get ready for bed. It was only 9pm but I was exhausted.

Once in the bathroom, I looked at myself in the mirror and was startled at the sight-- I looked like crap. My hazel colored eyes appeared duller than usual and my brown hair looked wind-blown and tangled due to all the running I had done. That was another reason I could add to my very long list of why I hated running. Groaning in pain when I had to lift my arms to put my waist-length hair into a messy bun, I brushed my teeth and washed my face as quickly as possible.

Once in my bedroom that was connected to the bathroom, I quickly stripped out of my filthy clothes and reached for my favorite pajama set—a tank top and shorts with different colored ice cream cones patterned across them. Not only was the set covered with one of my favorite foods, it was soft and airy.

As I was putting on the shorts, Art ran in, followed by Alpha. Immediately upon entering, Alpha stopped in his track and stared at me for a millisecond before turning and running the way he had come.

What was that all about? He might be a genius dog, but I was quickly coming to find that he was weird as well. As I finished putting on my pajamas, Art hopped onto the right side of my bed and quickly got comfortable. Eyeing him, I got into bed as well and contemplated whether to kick him off.

As if reading my mind, Art snuggled further into the bed and looked at me with those big blue eyes. Chuckling, I decided to let him stay there for the night and turned on my side, facing away from him. I was too tired to fight him anyway. Eyeing the door, I noticed Alpha make his way inside, but he only laid on the floor next to the bed.

"Not going to try and squeeze on the bed with us?" I asked him. Alpha's only response was a huff as he looked at me from the corner of his eye.

Shrugging, I turned off the lamp on my nightstand and told myself that starting tomorrow, I'd start training Alpha to turn off the lights. With that pleasant thought, I quickly drifted to sleep.

0